The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Hebrew translation Options
Cleoanme
Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2010 12:38:41 AM

Neurons: 12
My name is not Hebrew can someone spell it for me?
Melody
hishkhil
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:43:22 AM

Neurons: 3
hi

here melody in heb letters you can see your name in hebrew letters or here
my heb name
you can translate your name to hebrew name

shalom

robert
MiTziGo
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 1:51:36 AM

Neurons: 6,142
I'm not an expert, but I don't know that the resources above are exactly what you are looking for.

This is how I would approach it:
If you look up the word melody on TheFreeDictionary.com and scroll to the bottom of the page, you will find a translation tool that may give you a better starting point for this. Select Hebrew from the dropdown menu and a number of different words that mean melody pop up with the context in which each one is used. For a phoenetic translation of your name, "מֶלוֹדִי" is what you are looking for. This is the adjectival form of the word melody in Hebrew. The letters, in Hebrew from right to left, are Mem-Lamed-Vav-Daled-Yod. The dots above and below the letters are accent marks that determine how the letter should be pronounced. The three dots under the mem indicate an "eh" sound, making the "meh" of melody. There are no accents above or below the lamed, so it simply provides the "l" in melody. The dot above the vav indicates an "oh" sound, making the "oh" of melody. And the dot under the daled indicates an "ee" sound, which, when combined with the yod makes the "dee" sound in melody.

The Hebrew noun for melody is translated on TheFreeDictionary as "נְעִימָה"-- which is phoenetically translated into English as Nih-ee-mah, and would probably be spelled Ni'ima if used as a name.

I hope this helps.