The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Johnny Weissmuller Breaks One-Minute Barrier in 100-Meter Freestyle (1922) Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2015 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 83,100
Johnny Weissmuller Breaks One-Minute Barrier in 100-Meter Freestyle (1922)

During the 1920s, Weissmuller earned himself recognition as the best all-around amateur swimmer in the US. In 1922, he broke the world record in the 100-meter freestyle, swimming it in 58.6 seconds, and went on to win gold in that event at the 1924 Summer Olympics. He eventually won 5 Olympic gold medals and set 67 world records before parlaying his celebrity into an acting career. After starring as Tarzan in 12 films between 1932 and 1948, Weissmuller went on to play what comic book adventurer? More...
Robert Imgrat
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2015 3:21:21 AM

Neurons: 106,087
Tarzan alone in a jungle with Jane's Addiction Boo hoo! Think

NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2015 7:28:17 AM

Neurons: 2,499,761
He'd be laughed out of the pool with those times in a current Olympic games.
Quote:
As his coffin was lowered into the ground, a recording of the Tarzan yell he invented was played three times, at his request.[17]

I'm going to have to come up with something like this. I want Rob Zombie's Living Dead Girl played at my funeral. My sister want's a recording of someone screaming "Help, I'm still alive, let me out!". By telling everyone, none of us are going to flinch if she does start screaming from in the coffin.

When you make an assumption, you make an ass of u & umption! - NeuroticHellFem
monamagda
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2015 11:47:49 AM

Neurons: 5,280,133
Jungle Jim (film)

Jungle Jim was originally a comic strip character created by the legendary Alex Raymond, who also created Flash Gordon. Universal made a serial based on the comic back in the 1940s, starring Grant Withers. The character didn’t reappear in film until the late 1940s when Columbia started cranking out the low-budget features starring Johnny W. The series as a whole is entertaining, but they were definitely made for the Saturday matinée crowd, back when they had Saturday matinees, and Columbia stuck to the usual jungle movie formula for the most part.

https://johnmwhalen.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/pygmy-island/