The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Android Operating System Options
Khan
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 2:40:46 AM

Dear Colleague.
Could you explain me the the Android operating system.
Thanks.
dingdong
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 3:49:40 AM

Neurons: 3,370
Khan wrote:
Dear Colleague.
Thanks.

Yes; it's the TFD operating system that sends you your toaster early, and then deducts your points. I see it's happened to you.
What colour is it? How many slots?
srirr
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 4:00:19 AM

Neurons: 283,907
dingdong wrote:
Khan wrote:
Dear Colleague.
Thanks.

Yes; it's the TFD operating system that sends you your toaster early, and then deducts your points. I see it's happened to you.
What colour is it? How many slots?

DD, you forgot the versions of the OS, the simpler one that only toasts and the other one that deep fries milk with undies. And it tries to solve the dilemma, too.

We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. ~ Swami Vivekanand
srirr
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 4:04:18 AM

Khan wrote:
Dear Colleague.
Thanks.

On a serious note, Android is an OS on Java platform, used for mobile phones.
The technical and detailed description can be read at the wikipedia.

You may also be interested in checking the official website of Android.

We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. ~ Swami Vivekanand
dingdong
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 4:41:06 AM

Srirr, I think we should remember where we are. This is the politics forum and requires decorum and seriousness. Abuse and name-calling are allowed, but no more toasters.
Anyway, I'm glad you were serious and told Khan what he wanted to know. We must be helpful.
We may need help one day.
srirr
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 4:46:30 AM

Lol. I like that:......"Abuse and name-calling are allowed, but no more toasters."

So, no more toasters. We should try to help others without toasters.

Hope my help helped Khan. And, I also hope you and others will help me when I need. (Although I could not find the real culprit of stealing my undies yet)

kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 7:34:35 AM

Neurons: 7,777
Check out Wiki.
What exactly do you want to know about it, Khan? It is just an Operating system for mobile devices like cell phones. Programmed in C,C++ or Java, and it is also open source, so you can write managed coded into it in Java. If your query is software related, then I can't help you though:p

Gotcha, bud, again
uncoverer
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 3:31:15 PM

Open Source means though that the code of the OS is available freely and you can see the implementation .
Open source and closed source OS both support managed code.
Case in point Apple OS which is closed source but which supports development of apps through managed code.

Quote:
Never argue with a fool.He will take you down to his own level and beat you with experience
RARA
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 3:31:52 PM

Neurons: 2,097
srirr wrote:
Lol. I like that:......"Abuse and name-calling are allowed, but no more toasters."

Hope my help helped Khan. And, I also hope you and others will help me when I need. (Although I could not find the real culprit of stealing my undies yet)

I don't know why you and DD keep going on about toasters when I am the only one with one!

Truly great madness can not be achieved without significant intelligence, Henrik Tikkanen
grammargeek
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 5:41:35 PM

Neurons: 33,836
RARA wrote:
srirr wrote:

I don't know why you and DD keep going on about toasters when I am the only one with one!

Hey, don't make me come over there! (Yes, do. I'd love a vacation abroad.) You kids settle down or I shall be forced to start a new topic in the Medicine section, and it will be called Toaster Fever: When You're Hot, You're Hot. This may or may not be followed up by The Shocking Truth: What Really Happens When You Put Underwear in the Toaster.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should have put this post in JJ's Literature topic on titles for a study.
RARA
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:54:36 AM

Neurons: 2,097
grammargeek wrote:
RARA wrote:
srirr wrote:

Hey, don't make me come over there! (Yes, do. I'd love a vacation abroad.) You kids settle down or I shall be forced to start a new topic in the Medicine section, and it will be called Toaster Fever: When You're Hot, You're Hot. This may or may not be followed up by The Shocking Truth: What Really Happens When You Put Underwear in the Toaster.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should have put this post in JJ's Literature topic on titles for a study.

hahahahaha ok, I'm sufficiently chastised!

But anytime you are in the UK you have a guest room waiting!

Truly great madness can not be achieved without significant intelligence, Henrik Tikkanen
srirr
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 5:21:23 AM

RARA wrote:
grammargeek wrote:
RARA wrote:
srirr wrote:

hahahahaha ok, I'm sufficiently chastised!

But anytime you are in the UK you have a guest room waiting!

GG, thats great idea. Lets do it.
And dont forget to visit UK's guest room. They serve deep fried milk with undies in toaster.

dingdong
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 5:21:47 AM

dingdong wrote:
Srirr, I think we should remember where we are. This is the politics forum and requires decorum and seriousness. Abuse and name-calling are allowed, but no more toasters.
Anyway, I'm glad you were serious and told Khan what he wanted to know. We must be helpful.
We may need help one day.

Us freedelfinas live in a fast changing world.
One minute, politics; the next science and technology.
I still think a little decorum applies here, though; and toasters should only be mentioned if the discussion is about their their role in modern society, or about toasters of the future.
And let's have no more boasting from RARA, "I've got a 4-slot chrome durex, or duralit, or - whatever" Oooooooow.

dingdong
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:34:31 AM

grammargeek wrote:

Ohhh! I'll start one too - Toaster deprivation: the terrible truth. Or - When you're hot, are two slots ever enough? or - Premature ejaculation: when your toast pops out too early
ignatiusfarrel
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2018 4:36:40 AM

Neurons: 6
it is the most used mobile phone operating system in the world
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Monday, October 8, 2018 6:01:07 AM

Neurons: 409,775
And it's based on...?

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.