The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Champagne Options
Daemon
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 86,442
Champagne

The word "Champagne," when capitalized, refers specifically to the white, sparkling wine made in the Champagne region of France. Generally, production begins with the fermentation of grapes with low sugar and high acid levels to produce a still wine, which is blended with other wines, a small amount of sugar and yeast, and stored. During the second fermentation, carbon dioxide is trapped in the bottle. How should Champagne be poured in order to preserve the bubbles? More...
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 6:09:12 AM

Neurons: 2,582,305
Daemon wrote:
Champagne

The word "Champagne," when capitalized, refers specifically to the white, sparkling wine made in the Champagne region of France. Generally, production begins with the fermentation of grapes with low sugar and high acid levels to produce a still wine, which is blended with other wines, a small amount of sugar and yeast, and stored. During the second fermentation, carbon dioxide is trapped in the bottle. How should Champagne be poured in order to preserve the bubbles?

Answer: by holding the glass at an angle & pouring the champagne down the side of the glass. I love the bubbly! I only wish I had more opportunities to get stuck into it. Dancing

Quote:
Health benefits
On 18 April 2007, the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry published the results of a recent joint study by the University of Reading and University of Cagliari that showed moderate consumptions of Champagne may help the brain cope with the trauma of stroke, Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's disease. The research noted that the high amount of the antioxidant polyphenols in sparkling wine can help prevent deterioration of brain cells due to oxidative stress. During the study scientist exposed two groups of mice with blanc de blancs (100% Chardonnay composition) and blanc de noir (Pinot noir and Pinot Meunier based) and a control group with no exposure to Champagne. All groups were then subjected to high levels of neurotoxicity similar to what the human brain experiences during inflammatory conditions. The study found that the groups pre-treated with exposure to Champagne had a higher level of cell restoration compared to the group that wasn't. The study's co-authors noted that it was too early to conclusively say that drinking Champagne is beneficial to brain health but that the study does point researchers to more exploration in this area.[50]

Good news! Maybe I should make more of an effort, for my health's sake. Whistle

When you make an assumption, you make an ass of u & umption! - NeuroticHellFem
striker
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 7:18:34 AM

Neurons: 2,240,255
i love it
Omar Mariani
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 9:17:17 AM

Neurons: 76,546
Tilt the glass to its side
Trevanians
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 1:16:38 PM

Neurons: 152,813
The word champagne, when ccapitalized refers to the region.Otherwise, refers to the wine.
monamagda
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:44:23 PM

Neurons: 5,607,426
I love champagne !! above any other drink.
Surely this is my favorite article.

Best Way to Keep the Bubbles Longer
Putting the Bottle in the Fridge:

This is the most effective way to keep an open bottle fresh longer. Carbon dioxide, what makes a Champagne bubbles, is more soluble in cold liquid. This means when your bottle of sparkling becomes warm, bubbles will force themselves out, going flat very quickly.

Tips: If a fridge is not accessible during dinner, put the Champange in the ice-bucket before and after serving. Just remember, the most important is to keep it cold at all time!

Even without a cap, the Champagne will retain longer when cold. Having said that, our recommendation is do use a Champagne stopper to keep the carbon dioxide within the bottle and store the open bottle of Champagne in your fridge. This could keep the Champagne fresh for several days up to one week.

http://www.bettertastingwine.com/preserve_champagne_after_opening.html
Alisson Souza
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 5:25:30 PM

Neurons: 267,293
Champagne its result after cold is hundreds of the best bubbles! Wow it's a sweetness.
"A picture of elegance and finesse, this bubbly combine lemom, apple, mineral and a touch of honey with its lithe frame. It's all beautifully put together, with a crisp finish. Drink now through 2012." (Bruce Sanderson)
Fredric Frank Myers
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:30:24 PM

Neurons: 22,366
There was a time when I enjoyed a glass or two...