The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

The Little Mermaid Options
Daemon
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 82,371
The Little Mermaid

The Little Mermaid is a fairy tale by the Danish author Hans Christian Andersen about a young mermaid who is willing to give up everything to gain the love of a prince and an eternal soul. The story has been adapted into numerous films, TV series, an opera, and a ballet. Who served as the model for the famed Little Mermaid statue that sits on a rock in the Copenhagen harbor? More...
Samantha Betts
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 2:12:48 AM

Neurons: 67,449
one of my favorite fairy tales.
parvaneh_gh
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 5:55:30 AM

Neurons: 44,266
when I was child,I read this story that I thought had a sad ending.after that I belived the animation produced by disney co. had a great ending.But I know Anderson is a great writer.
striker
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 9:35:10 AM

Neurons: 2,240,255
one of my friend's mother named him hans after the author
monamagda
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 1:30:32 PM

Neurons: 5,225,765
Inspired by a ballerina

The sculpture was inspired by ballerina Ellen Price, who in 1909 danced the lead role in the ballet The Little Mermaid at the Royal Theatre.

However, Ellen Price would not model in the nude for sculptor Edvard Eriksen. Thus Eriksen’s wife, Eline Eriksen, posed for the sculpture of The Little Mermaid.

The sculpture is made of bronze and granite and was inspired by Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale about a mermaid who gives up everything to be united with a young, handsome prince on land.

Fell in love

Carl Jacobsen fell in love with the character after watching a ballet performance based on the fairy tale at the Royal Danish Theatre in Copenhagen.

The brewer was so captivated by both the fairy tale and the ballet that he commissioned the sculptor Edvard Eriksen to create a sculpture of the mermaid.

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/the-little-mermaid-gdk586951
Milica Boghunovich
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 2:35:36 PM

Neurons: 144,425
The Little Mermaid

The Little Mermaid is a fairy tale by the Danish author Hans Christian Andersen about a young mermaid who is willing to give up everything to gain the love of a prince and an eternal soul. The story has been adapted into numerous films, TV series, an opera, and a ballet. Who served as the model for the famed Little Mermaid statue that sits on a rock in the Copenhagen harbor? More...

People have wasted centuries and centuries on different versions of mermaids and mermen and respective psychoanalysis (escapist psychology), but have neither invested enough time on spreading the progressive ideas of Radical Pacifism nor supported it. Even the brilliant minds who have been teaching about the importance of Pacifism have been divested of material support that the military is grabbing without a speck of conscience from the anti-military/anti-war people who truly deserve material support... and the unthinking masses continues to believe the liars because the unthinking masses are afraid of the weapons that their own military can turn against those who refuse to populate their "ranks or power-sick control".
li santos
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 2:53:56 PM

Neurons: 1,201
This is a beautiful history.
johnfl
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 4:13:43 PM

Neurons: 377,297
Derived from a fish called wanda.
johnfl
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 4:30:49 PM

Neurons: 377,297
HANS CHRIS ANDER WHAT A GREAT MIND TO CREATE SMILES ON A MILLION CHILDRENS FACES. ANDERSON FOR PRESIDENT.
Chance Joseph Watkins
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 11:48:55 PM

Neurons: 3
A very Good fairy tale. Thanks for sharing the article; Jesus Christ Bless! :)