mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

jesus' Options
keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 8:57:09 AM

Neurons: 2,211
pedro wrote:
[quote=keepyy
god does not use his knowledge of everything all the time. like a father he would test all of us.

And then punish us[/quote]if you do not obey him, just like you would punish your son
keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 9:07:55 AM

when Rebecca became pregnant, she was going to have twins. the first one was named Esau and the second one was born holding on the heel of the first, he was named Jacob. before Rebecca gave birth, she could feel them inside fighting each other. the lord told her that the younger would be the greater, no wonder Esau made the vow and gave his birth rights to Jacob. he ate and drunk, got up and left, how little he cared about his rights as the firstborn son.
almo 1
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2017 12:17:04 AM

Neurons: 4,329

keepyy
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2017 9:31:48 AM

my son, Isaac said, come closer that i can touch you if you are really Esau. you sound like Jacob. thinking he was Esau, Isaac blessed Jacob, by you and your descendants, all the families of the earth must bless themselves?
keepyy
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2017 9:44:24 AM

as he journeyed toward Haran in Mesopotamia to his uncle Laban, he stopped to sleep. that night he dreamed, behold a staircase reached from heaven to the place where he was resting with angels going up and down. this is none other but the house of god. jacob named the place Bethel.
whatson
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2017 9:47:36 AM

Neurons: 2,326
The 'comedy of errors' is a genre that can be traced well before the OT.
Some church-goers may think the ancient Hebrews invented it, but they are mistaken.

If I were a lame 'un, I wouldn't advertise it.
almo 1
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 9:34:05 PM

Neurons: 4,329

The crazy christian and mad sermons in Korea

The crazy christian and mad sermons

Epiphileon
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2017 5:07:27 AM

Neurons: 58,197

Question authority. How do you know, that you know, what you know?
keepyy
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 6:20:19 AM

Isaac had said to Jacob, go to Mesopotamia to your uncle Laban and marry one of his daughters. Laban had two daughters, Jacob was in love with Rachel, but that night of the wedding feast, instead of Rachel, Laban gave Leah the elder to Jacob? and he had intercourse with her. Leah had lovely eyes, she gave birth to Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar and Zabulun, six sons and one daughter,Dinah
keepyy
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 6:20:22 AM

Isaac had said to Jacob, go to Mesopotamia to your uncle Laban and marry one of his daughters. Laban had two daughters, Jacob was in love with Rachel, but that night of the wedding feast, instead of Rachel, Laban gave Leah the elder to Jacob? and he had intercourse with her. Leah had lovely eyes, she gave birth to Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar and Zabulun, six sons and one daughter,Dinah
keepyy
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 6:32:14 AM

on his return from Mesopotamia, Jacob arrived safely at the city of Shechem in the land of Canaan. for twenty years, he had been staying with his uncle Laban until the lord told him to go back with his two wives, two concubines and eleven sons. Jacob went ahead of them and bowed down as he approached his brother, but Esau ran to meet him and kissed him. they were both in tears
keepyy
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 6:53:51 AM

Shechem son of Hamor the Hivite, chief of that region fell in love with Dinah the daughter of Jacob and Leah. he took her and raped her and said to his father, i want this attractive woman as my wife. when they heard about it, Jacob and his sons were furious. Hamor went out to talk with Jacob and said, my son is truly in love with your daughter and longs for her to be his wife, please let him marry her. let us make an agreement that there will be intermarriage between our people and yours that you may stay here in our country. we can agree on the condition that you become like us by circumcising all your males, Jacob and his sons replied. these terms seemed fair to Hamor and his son and the young man lost no time in doing what was suggested. they spoke to the people of the town and all agreed with what they proposed. then all the males were circumcised.
Y111
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 6:55:16 AM

Neurons: 628
Why are all these details important? Who was whose uncle and who married whom.
keepyy
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 7:18:11 AM

three days later, when the men were still sore from their circumcision, Simeon and Levi the brothers of Dinah, took their swords and killed all the men including Hamor and Shechem to take revenge of their sister's disgrace. then god said to Jacob to go to Bethel at once and live there. when jacob and his group started to leave, a terror from god fell on the people and they did not attack them. now Jacob had twelve sons, Benjamin born in bethlehem after a very hard delivery, Rachel his mother died and was buried there. Jacob set a memorial stone on her grave which is still there to this day. at last jacob came at Hebron to his father. Isaac live to be 180 and gave up the ghost.
whatson
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 11:25:15 AM

Neurons: 2,326
Since you brought it up, keepyy, I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't ask:
Are you circumcised acc. to the OT tradition or uncircumcised in the spirit
of the innovationist NT?

If I were a lame 'un, I wouldn't advertise it.
keepyy
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2017 9:36:45 AM

Joseph took care of the sheep with his brothers the sons of 'Bilhah?' and 'Zilpah?'. go and see how they are getting along, his father Israel sent him on his way from the valley of Hebron. and Joseph arrived at Shechem wandering about the fields when a 'man?' saw him and asked, who are you looking for, iam seeking my brothers who are grazing their flock, can you tell me where they are. the man replied, they have already left, i heard them say that they were going to Dothan. so joseph went there.
keepyy
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 10:41:13 AM

whatson wrote:
of the innovationist NT?
they saw Joseph in the distance and the sons of Bilhah and Zilpah decided to kill him before he reached them, here he comes, come on now, let's kill him.
keepyy
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 12:46:56 PM

Jacob could not be comforted because his brothers the sons of Bilhah and Zilpah said to jacob that Joseph was killed by an evil animal. about that time , Judah has chosen Tamar for his first son who died. it is your duty to provide children for your brother, but whenever Onan had had intercourse with Tamar, he would waste the semen so as not to give offspring to his brother Er. the lord killed him also. and Shelhah the younger son was now a grown man but Judah the father has not yet allowed Tamar to marry Onan. he thought, if Shelhah should marry her, he could also die. Judah acknowledged, i have failed in my obligation to Tamar, i should have given her to Shelah in marriage. and Judah never had intercourse with her again, nevertheless she conceived by him and was going to have twins, Perez and Zerah, this one was born first.
keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 6:35:05 AM

Y111 wrote:
Why are all these as she? spoke to Joseph day after day, he would not listen to her to lie with her. but one day Joseph went into the house to do his business, and there was none of the men of the house there within. he left his garment in her hands and fled? she has said come in to me to lie with me,details important? Who was whose uncle and who married whom.
keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 6:43:29 AM

whatson wrote:
of the innovationist NT?

in my dream i was holding the cup of Pharaoh. behold a vine was before me, it budded and shoot forth ripe grapes. so i took the grapes and pressed them into the cup, the wine steward? said to Joseph
keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 6:45:04 AM

in my dream i was holding the cup of Pharaoh. behold a vine was before me, it budded and shoot forth ripe grapes. so i took the grapes and pressed them into the cup, the wine steward? said to Joseph
keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 6:48:57 AM

as she? spoke to Joseph day after day, he would not listen to her to lie with her. but one day Joseph went into the house to do his business, and there was none of the men of the house there within. he left his garment in her hands and fled? she has said come in to me to lie with me,
keepyy
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2017 4:58:56 AM

Y111 wrote:

that food? shall be put in store for the land against the seven year of hunger that is to come, and the plan seemed good to pharaoh. Joseph a man with the spirit of god, was appointed governor for as much as the lord has shown him all this?. pharaoh gave him a wife, and joseph had two son by Asenath, Manasseh and Ephraim.
keepyy
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2017 10:26:55 AM

iam your brother Joseph whom you sold into Egypt. now don't blame yourselves, it is god who sent me, and has made me the king's highest official.
his brothers had said to one another, surely we are being punished for what we did to our brother, we saw his distress when he begged us for his life but we would not listen that is why this trouble? has come upon us.
their father Jacob also has said, Joseph is dead, simeon is gone? and you want to take away Benjamin too, everything is against me. nevertheless may the lord grant you mercy before the man? so that he will let Simeon and Benjamin come back with you.
keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 2:05:37 PM

Epiphileon wrote:

israel went to beersheba and offered sacrifice to the god of his father isaac. then god spoke to him, jaco jacob be not be not afraid to go to egypt, iam with you. the number of the children of israel who went to egypt is 66. his descendants by leah numbered 33. levi' sons were gershon kohath and merari. juda' sons were shelah, perez and zerah, perez' sons were hezron and hamul. we have come to live here for awhile. settle your family in the best of the land. and jacob blessed pharaoh.
keepyy
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 9:35:20 AM

whatson wrote:
The 'comedy of errors' is a genre that can be traced well before the OT.
Some church-goers may think the ancient Hebrews invented it, but they are mistaken.

jacob said to Joseph, your son Manasseh also shall be great but Ephraim shall be greater. Judah is a lion terribly fierce, the ruler' staff shall not depart from him until the Messiah comes to whom it belongs. and to Jesus shall be the obedience of all nations? behold i die, bury me in Canaan in the cave of Machpelah, that is where i buried Leah.
keepyy
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 6:15:16 AM

the people in Canaan saw the sadness at the threshing floor of Atad and said, those egyptians are showing great sorrow?, that is why the place was named Abel Mizraim, after crossing the Jordan river. Jacob was 147. Joseph continued to live in Egypt with his fathers family. he was 110 when he died, his body was embalmed and put in a coffin.
keepyy
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 6:17:47 AM

Y111 wrote:
now a new king came to power in egypt, and the hebrews hept increasing. we must find some way? to keep them from becoming more numerous, the king said. during that time a man married a woman of his own tribe, the house of levi, and she bore a son. later when the child grew, the king's daughter adopted him as his own son?. she said, i pulled him out of the river, i name him moses
keepyy
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 6:47:52 AM

call him that he may eat bread?. and Moses was content to dwell with the man, and he gave Moses Zipporah his daughter. one day Moses laid the flock of his father in law Jethro the priest and came to Sinai the mountain of god, this is strange, why isnt the bush burn up, i will go closer and see this great sight. Moses Moses, do not come any closer, take off your sandals because you are standing on holy ground? i am the god of your ancestors, now iam sending you to the king of Egypt to lead my people out of his country. when you bring the people out, you will worship me on this mountain. i know that the king will not let you go unless he is forced to do so. then i will use my power to do terrifying things there, after that he will let you go. the egyptians will give them to you, and you will put these fine things? on your sons and daughters. carry all this away when you leave.
keepyy
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 8:23:26 AM

what about your brother Aaron the levite, i know he can speak well. he is now coming to meet you? speak to him, i? will help both of you to speak.
keepyy
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:51:16 PM

Epiphileon wrote:

moses and Aaron were the ones who led the tribes of israel out of egypt to worship the lord in the wilderness. moses was 80 and Aaron 83. this is that moses who argued with the lord, i can't do it, iam no speaker, why should pharaoh listen to me.
keepyy
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:55:40 PM

Y111 wrote:

using their secret power, the magicians tried to do the same thing but they could not make the dust into gnats.
keepyy
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 9:01:33 AM

pedro wrote:
Trichakra wrote:
Yes, Jesus is the son of god.

Oh no he isn't!

Moses said, we must take our flocks and herds for sacrifices and burnt offerings to Jehovah our god, not a hoof shall be left behind. Pharaoh has said to Moses, prove your authority by a miracle
pedro
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 5:34:11 AM

Neurons: 58,815
keepyy wrote:
pedro wrote:
Trichakra wrote:
Yes, Jesus is the son of god.

Oh no he isn't!

Moses said, we must take our flocks and herds for sacrifices and burnt offerings to Jehovah our god, not a hoof shall be left behind. Pharaoh has said to Moses, prove your authority by a miracle

If he was going to sacrifice all my livestock I would be looking for collateral too. A bit like a bank loan I suppose.

All good ideas arrive by chance- Max Ernst
keepyy
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:09:30 AM

how long will you refuse to humble yourself before me. only one more punishment? and pharaoh will gladly thrust israel out.