The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

jesus' Options
thar
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 4:11:50 PM

Neurons: 64,246
I know I shouldn't feed the thread, but I just had to post my thanks for that last post. So revealing

Keeppyy - I have to thank you.
I have never been in an abusive relationship, although I feel I have witnessed some. But analyzing your use of language - threats, appeasement, denial, blame - I feel I am really beginning to understand the cycle of abuse. So, I thank you for that.

Also, being brought up in the Protestant religion I was taught to question and challenge all authority, including religious. To claim any personal relationship with my god I may wish to pursue.

So I have never really understood why some of the people who post in this forum have such an obsession with religion, even though they claim not to believe.

But you are really opening my eyes to how manipulative and abusive the Christian religion can be - why it makes these people so sick, so angry.

So, thankyou for that, too. From now on I will be more compassionate to such posts!

Have a nice day. Or suffer untold tortures, since that seems to be your thing. Either way.
Whistle
Dreamy
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:15:17 AM

Neurons: 7,723
thar wrote:
But you are really opening my eyes to how manipulative and abusive the Christian religion can be - why it makes these people so sick, so angry.Whistle

I'm glad you specified Christian religion, thar. To that I can agree.

Hierachy devils, clergy demons, and religion devourers harass us to produce condemnation leading to a sense of guilt, and danger, and not to produce pardon, relief, and joy.

We notice how "religiously" the keeppyy mind works to kill with the letter of the law as opposed to ministering in the Spirit, a common strategy manifesting in the unenlightened to bring authentic Christianity into disrepute. (ref 2 Corinthians 3:6)

Job 33:15 "In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falls upon men, In slumberings upon the bed;" Theology 101 "If He doesn't know everything then He isn't God."
keepyy
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:04:02 AM

Neurons: 2,211
in those days, i will pour out my spirit on all flesh; before the great and awesome day of the lord comes. at that time when i restore the fortunes of judah and jerusalem, i will gather all the nations and bring them down to the decision valley? and enter into judgment with them there on behalf of my people israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land, let your men of war draw near and come up to the valley. the lord will roar from Zion, and the earth will shake, i will avenge the blood of my people, blood i have not avenged.
israel prayed, have pity and spare your people o lord. give not your inheritance to reproach, that the heathen nations should rule over them again. at that time when i restore the prosperity of judah and jerusalem, says the lord, i will gather the armies of the world into the valley and punish them for harming my people. then i will live on my holy mount Zion, wine will drip from the mountains and milk will flow from the hills when the lord lives in jerusalem.
warn everyone to tremble, it will be so terrible when the lord appear, firey flames surround them, no soldier escapes, the lord leads that army of countless troops. never again i will make you an object of scorn to the nations. be not afraid, surely the lord has done great things. never again will foreigners invade Jerusalem.
keepyy
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:01:25 AM

Dreamy wrote:
thar wrote:
But you are really opening my eyes to how manipulative and abusive the Christian religion can be - why it makes these people so sick, so angry.Whistle

Hierachy devils, clergy demons, and religion devourers harass us to produce condemnation leading to a sense of guilt, and danger, and not to produce pardon, relief, and joy.

We notice how "religiously" the keeppyy mind works to kill with the letter of the law as opposed to ministering in the Spirit, a common strategy manifesting in the unenlightened to bring authentic Christianity into disrepute. (ref 2 Corinthians 3:6)

behold, i? had another vision from the sovereign lord, in it i saw him preparing to punish his people with fire, which burnt up the great deep and started to destroy the land. i cried, please cease, how can your people survive, what hope is there, they are so small and weak. and the lord felt sorry again saying, this will not take place either.
keepyy
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:08:59 AM

thar wrote:
I know I shouldn't feed the thread, but I just had to post my thanks for that last post. So revealing

I have never been in an abusive relationship, although I feel I have witnessed some. But analyzing your use of language - threats, appeasement, denial, blame - I feel I am really beginning to understand the cycle of abuse. So, I thank you for that.

Also, being brought up in the Protestant religion I was taught to question and challenge all authority, including religious. To claim any personal relationship with my god I may wish to pursue.

So I have never really understood why some of the people who post in this forum have such an obsession with religion, even though they claim not to believe.

But you are really opening my eyes to how manipulative and abusive the Christian religion can be - why it makes these people so sick, so angry.

So, thankyou for that, too. From now on I will be more compassionate to such posts!

Have a nice day. Or suffer untold tortures, since that seems to be your thing. Either way.
Whistle

for three transgressions even for four i? will not revoke the punishment of it. but their lies, after which their fathers have walk is leading them astray. therefore i will bring upon them all these further evil spoken of.
keepyy
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:13:58 AM

Dreamy wrote:
thar wrote:

prepare to meet your lord in judgment for you are dealing with the one who made the winds, who created the constellatons.
keepyy
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:17:39 AM

thar wrote:

Whistle

you push away all thought of punishment awaiting you but by your deeds you bring the day of your judgment near.
keepyy
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:23:13 AM

Dreamy wrote:
thar wrote:

can oxen plow the sea? stupid to ask. but no more stupid than what you do? just as stupid is priding yourself on your own power.
keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:16:32 AM

keepyy wrote:
thar wrote:

Whistle

you push away all thought of punishment awaiting you but by your deeds you bring the day of your judgment near.

i will not overlook their sins anymore. i will keep watch to give them trouble, all those sinners who say, evil shall not meet us.
keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:19:42 AM

keepyy wrote:
thar wrote:

Whistle

i will not overlook their sins anymore. i will keep watch to give them trouble, all those sinners who say, evil shall not meet us.
keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:31:04 AM

[quote=keepyy]in those days, i will pour out my spirit on all flesh; before the great and awesome day of the lord comes. at that time when i restore the fortunes of judah and jerusalem, i will gather all the nations and bring them down to the decision valley? and enter into judgment with them there
the day is coming when i will restore the kingdom of david fallen into ruins. in those days, corn will grow faster, everything will overflow with blessing. the amorites were there when israel entered canaan. from egypt i led them 40 years through the desert, then i gave them the land of the amorites. i also brought out of caphtor the philistines and from kir the syrians...
keepyy
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:38:55 AM

whatson wrote:
We would like more recipes from "Preparing Concoctions For Gods to Smell"!

you have said to yourself, who can pull me down. though it seems among the stars, i? will pull you down, i will bring you down who pride in his heart, who can bring me down to the ground?
keepyy
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:50:41 AM

jesusandmo wrote:
Keepyy's whole message is starting to look, at best, highly ambiguous … or simply meaningless nonsense, perhaps? Shhh

Shame, I was right on the verge of converting.

you have said to yourself, who can pull me down. though it seems among the stars, i? will pull you down, i will bring you down who pride in his heart, who can bring me down to the ground?
keepyy
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:50:45 AM

jesusandmo wrote:
Keepyy's whole message is starting to look, at best, highly ambiguous … or simply meaningless nonsense, perhaps? Shhh

Shame, I was right on the verge of converting.

tunaafi
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:05:39 PM

Neurons: 53,498
keepyy wrote:

Would you care to explain that?
keepyy
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 10:07:43 AM

tunaafi wrote:
keepyy wrote:

Would you care to explain that?
keepyy
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 10:18:06 AM

jesusandmo wrote:

get up and pray to your god for help, maybe he will feel sorry for you and spare your life. in my distress, i called to the lord and he answered me. i thought i was banished from his presence. when my life was fainting away, i remembered the lord and my prayer rose to him. but those who worship idols forsake his mercy. o lord, i will make good what i have vowed.
keepyy
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 6:43:55 AM

Drag0nspeaker wrote:

when god saw that they have given up their wicked behaviour, he changed his mind and did not punish them. let everyone turn from his violence, fast and put on sackcloth in penitent mourning. even though the lord is compassionate and very patient, always ready to change his mind and not punish.
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 8:31:39 AM

Neurons: 151,426
Er . . .

That post was over a year ago and you already answered it - or maybe keepyyy did.

Are you sure that your time-sense isn't slipping?
Does your life seem a little unreal to you at times?
Do you have periods when things get a little . . . hazy?

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
keepyy
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:40:22 AM

Drag0nspeaker wrote:
Er . . .

That post was over a year ago and you already answered it - or maybe keepyyy did.

doesn't the lord bless those who do right? to get you on the path again because of uncleanness, that works destruction even a big one.
keepyy
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:46:21 AM

pedro wrote:
Trichakra wrote:
Yes, Jesus is the son of god.

Oh no he isn't!

lament and wail for this. will you mourn like the ostriches or make your lamentation like the jackals?
Dreamy
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 4:11:31 PM

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
(Psalm 91:1-3)

Job 33:15 "In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falls upon men, In slumberings upon the bed;" Theology 101 "If He doesn't know everything then He isn't God."
will
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 6:29:16 AM

Neurons: 4,292
There you go, Dreamy. No place like 'home', eh? Whistle

keepyy
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 9:24:05 AM

in days to come, people will say, let us go up mount Zion to the temple. the lord will teach us what he wants us to do and we will walk in the paths he has chosen. nations shall beat their swords into pruning knives and never prepare for battle again. everyone in peace under his own fig tree.
keepyy
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 9:34:26 AM

many nations have gathered to attack you. they say, Jerusalem must be destroyed, we can hardly wait to see her disgraced. but they dont know that the lord has gathered them to be punised. smash them to pieces, Zion with your iron horns and trample them to pieces with your bronze hoofs.
keepyy
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 9:41:34 AM

Bethlehem, until the woman who is to give birth has her son. when he comes back, people over the world will acknowledge his greatness. whose goings forth have been from everlating.
keepyy
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 9:54:44 AM

Dreamy wrote:
thar wrote:

we will walk in the name of the lord forever. are you not supposed to be concerned about justice? is not the lord in the midst of us?
Dreamy
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 8:00:58 PM

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(Romans 8:1-4)

keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 11:57:48 AM

will wrote:
There you go, Dreamy. No place like 'home', eh? Whistle

who does not retain his anger for long because he is pleased to be merciful? what does the lord requires of you but to love mercy and walk humbly, to look to the lord and wait for him until he pleads your case and established your right. the voice of the lord calls out to all. heed the rod or the one who appoints it?
keepyy
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2017 11:08:25 AM

Drag0nspeaker wrote:
Er . . .

the lord is powerful yet very patient. he makes sure that the guilty is always punished. but when troubles come, he is the good stronghold to go. behold, his power in the terrors of the raging storm, like billowing dust under his feet.
keepyy
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 1:27:40 PM

tunaafi wrote:
I think we should be grateful to keepy for keepying this thread going. We have had some very entertaining responses.

what profits an idol? it is merely a false god. what foolish lie that they could help; teachers of lies
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 4:06:04 AM

Neurons: 308,252
Blessed are the fools, for nothing they understand.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
keepyy
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 8:01:52 AM

come to your sense before you are driven away like chaff in the wind, before the burning anger of the lord burns you. proud of your own power, you have not accepted his discipline.
keepyy
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 8:12:04 AM

he thought, they will learn to obey me then i will hold back from punishing them. do what is right, learn to be humble, the lord yor god will pay attention to you. i will take away the the sadness planned which would make you very ashamed. all those who follow heathen customs, those who sit content in their sin. in your pride you dont listen even to the voice of god, no one can tell you anything. heed my warnings so that i do not need to strike again.
keepyy
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 8:22:17 AM

those who turn back and those who pretend to worship and those who have not required the ten commandments given to moses as first necessity. seek humility, seek righteousness maybe you will be sheltered on the lord s wrath. the lord will punish the men that are settled on their lees, who say in his heart, neither will the lord do evil. i will bring distress upon men that they shall walk like blind men. this they shall have for their pride. i said, surely they will receive instruction and fear me.