The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

seminal Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 74,847
seminal

(adjective) Highly influential in an original way; constituting or providing a basis for further development.

Synonyms: germinal, originative

Usage: He prepared a speech describing his experiment, never realizing that his presentation would be the seminal event in the development of a new theory.
Irma Crespo
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:17:17 AM

Neurons: 105,336
SEMINAL: gametic; spermatic, spermic, spermatozoal; sporal, sporoid; sporogenous; chromosomal; chromatinic. Seminal reproduction is essential for maintaining the species.
JUSTIN Excellence
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:04:39 AM

Neurons: 2,787

Among us, showing dimly here and there, are the best cherry blossoms of the morning glory ... Though shallow to the eye this may seem - the river that divides these lands - yet far down beneath the troubled waves runs a seminal current that will never cease.

über laboratorium dauernd zur Naturtreue
striker
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:18:04 AM

Neurons: 2,089,029
i meet with family on my street to seminal the thought of keeping the neigborhood clean
monamagda
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:36:26 AM

Neurons: 4,571,501

Call something seminal when it's so original, so groundbreaking and awesome that it will influence everything that comes after it. Picasso probably produced more than a few seminal works of art, for example.

Technically, seminal means something related to semen or seeds. But these days people more often use the word to describe something that plants the seed for creative growth. An innovative piece of music or literature, a fresh new idea, or an invention that changes everything could each be called seminal. Synonyms include critical, fundamental, original, and primary.

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/seminal
johnfl
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:47:54 PM

Neurons: 323,296
PUT FORTH SEMINAL OF LIFE AND DON`T LOOK BACK.
Milica Boghunovich
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:57:11 PM

Neurons: 128,055
seminal

(adjective) Highly influential in an original way; constituting or providing a basis for further development.

Synonyms: germinal, originative

Usage: He prepared a speech describing his experiment, never realizing that his presentation would be the seminal event in the development of a new theory.

Einstein on Peace is a seminal work of the 20th century, but what have we done in the wake of the 21st century to disable all the weapons and abolish the military bullying power systems.
Newagenda
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 7:23:15 PM

Neurons: 1,957
seminal

The artist himself was at that time busy upon two great designs; the first, to sow land with chaff, wherein he affirmed the true seminal virtue to be contained, as he demonstrated by several experiments, which I was not skilful enough to comprehend.
Gulliver's Travels by Swift, Jonathan View in context
Fredric Frank Myers
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:58:29 PM

Neurons: 22,366
There was an early art piece that I was developing for silkscreens prints when one evening, the center cloud formation became my seminal moment, changing my entire direction as an artist.
Fredric Frank Myers
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:58:30 PM

Neurons: 22,366
There was an early art piece that I was developing for silkscreens prints when one evening, the center cloud formation became my seminal moment, changing my entire direction as an artist.