The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Personality Tests Options
Eurydice
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 9:30:41 AM

Neurons: 126
Hi! I found these personality tests a couple of years back but it wasn't until a couple of minutes ago that they crossed my mind again. I found these ones a lot more accurate than most of the ones floating on the internet, especially considering that they only ask one question, so I'm wondering if the same thing would go for you, or would it be a totally different case. By the way, this is not an official survey in any way, just something I'm curious about. Whistle

Sitting Posture
Sleeping Position
Shower Test
Rest Room Test

If you tried other quizzes and you felt like sharing the results, please feel free to do so. ^^
Vickster
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 10:57:14 AM

Neurons: 7,211
Odd...but cute... not altogether sure this is true science...hahaha

Sitting
I’m both depending on the day and how tired I am…lol
2. Legs crossed.
She is an outgoing and self-confident woman, usually talkative and at ease in others' company. Depending on the case, some people may find such a person highly likable while others may find her a bit annoying. Her merits tend to be honesty, directness and loyalty, and her weaknesses probably explosiveness and lack of tact. She likes what she likes, and will stand little of what disgusts her.

3. Feet open, with toes pointing to the sides.
This is a tough woman, quite strong-headed. She observes others, decides what to do, and does it. Pleasing others and having a good time is not her goal; she wants things to be done. Depending on circumstances, she could be very talkative, even argumentative, but could simply fall silent if she chooses to do so. It's not going to be very productive to be fanciful so as to trick her; better be logical and reason with her. That way you show her your respect and seriousness.

Sleeping…
People who sleep in the fetal position

Long for security, intimacy and joy.
Take relationships slowly.
Tend to look at the world in rosy colors, and treat people kindly.
Are sensitive, though they may present a tough exterior to the world.
May appear shy at times or when meeting people for the first time.

Shower…
Chest
You are practical person. Straightforward and do not beat around the bush. To you, convenience is of paramount importance. You hate to be distracted when concentrating and are impatient with people who do not see things your way. A good lover and willing to try new things. Your best partner in life will be those who chose hair.
Restrooms… Hmmmm???
Women who choose stalls 7-9 have a stronger sense of ones' own space; they would not mind going a little deeper into the corners, where it's less likely that they'll be disturbed, even though other women would consider such positions more "dangerous" ones.

He who sings scares away his woes. ~Cervantes
TALBUIXE
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 12:54:05 PM

Neurons: 139
This is another test, quiet interesting by the way.

1) What is your favourite animal (and why)?

2) What is your second favourite animal (and why)? (You can choose wild animals)

3) I want you to think about a FOREST:

4) I want you to think about the SEA:

5) I want you to think about COFFEE:

In order not to interfere with the result, visit this page http://talbuixe.wikidot.com/ after you have the answers.
Vickster
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 1:49:11 PM

Neurons: 7,211
Hahahaha...Coffee is something I like..but basically boring and something I get every morning at work.....lol

He who sings scares away his woes. ~Cervantes
Susie
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 2:27:55 PM

Neurons: 1,154
I love these little "tests". They are usually 90% right about me. Some answers I am not sure of, so there is something left to be unanswered right away.

I like this -thanks.
thrustae
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 2:31:46 PM

Neurons: 51
Try the Keirsey Temperament Sorter.
abcxyz
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 3:39:01 PM

Neurons: 3,200
Most personality tests are BS, including this one.

In this world there is no literate population that is poor and no illiterate population that is other than poor. - J.K.Galbraith
monika
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:24:52 AM

Neurons: 24
All personality test are just 50-60% true. No one can judge others on the basis of these test. We know about ourself is enough. Whats the need of all these test?Think
Darren
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:37:36 AM

Neurons: 3
monika wrote:
All personality test are just 50-60% true. No one can judge others on the basis of these test. We know about ourself is enough. Whats the need of all these test?Think

These test can help you to know yourself more.
Eurydice
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:19:12 AM

Vickster wrote:
Odd...but cute... not altogether sure this is true science...hahaha

Sitting
I’m both depending on the day and how tired I am…lol
2. Legs crossed.
She is an outgoing and self-confident woman, usually talkative and at ease in others' company. Depending on the case, some people may find such a person highly likable while others may find her a bit annoying. Her merits tend to be honesty, directness and loyalty, and her weaknesses probably explosiveness and lack of tact. She likes what she likes, and will stand little of what disgusts her.

3. Feet open, with toes pointing to the sides.
This is a tough woman, quite strong-headed. She observes others, decides what to do, and does it. Pleasing others and having a good time is not her goal; she wants things to be done. Depending on circumstances, she could be very talkative, even argumentative, but could simply fall silent if she chooses to do so. It's not going to be very productive to be fanciful so as to trick her; better be logical and reason with her. That way you show her your respect and seriousness.

Sleeping…
People who sleep in the fetal position

Long for security, intimacy and joy.
Take relationships slowly.
Tend to look at the world in rosy colors, and treat people kindly.
Are sensitive, though they may present a tough exterior to the world.
May appear shy at times or when meeting people for the first time.

Shower…
Chest
You are practical person. Straightforward and do not beat around the bush. To you, convenience is of paramount importance. You hate to be distracted when concentrating and are impatient with people who do not see things your way. A good lover and willing to try new things. Your best partner in life will be those who chose hair.
Restrooms… Hmmmm???
Women who choose stalls 7-9 have a stronger sense of ones' own space; they would not mind going a little deeper into the corners, where it's less likely that they'll be disturbed, even though other women would consider such positions more "dangerous" ones.

Thanks for sharing Vickster! :)
Eurydice
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:21:30 AM

TALBUIXE wrote:
This is another test, quiet interesting by the way.

1) What is your favourite animal (and why)?

2) What is your second favourite animal (and why)? (You can choose wild animals)

3) I want you to think about a FOREST:

4) I want you to think about the SEA:

5) I want you to think about COFFEE:

In order not to interfere with the result, visit this page http://talbuixe.wikidot.com/ after you have the answers.

I think I've tried this one before. Wasn't exactly close to accurate, but thanks for sharing. :)

Susie wrote:

I love these little "tests". They are usually 90% right about me. Some answers I am not sure of, so there is something left to be unanswered right away.

I like this -thanks.

I'm glad you liked them. ^^

thrustae wrote:

Try the Keirsey Temperament Sorter.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've also tried that one before though.

abcxyz wrote:

Most personality tests are BS, including this one.

I agree with your first statement, but the answers these particular 'tests' gave was closer than most of the ones I got from other ones before so I still find it amusing. I'm not saying that makes it accurate and that's the reason I was curious to read how it turned out for those who tried it.

monika wrote:

All personality test are just 50-60% true. No one can judge others on the basis of these test. We know about ourself is enough. Whats the need of all these test?

I'm not really into personality tests either and I'm not saying these kinds of tests are necessary. There are just times when someone gets bored, connects to the internet, browses stuff, comes across things like these, gets curious, and does it anyway. It's all in good fun and it's up to people whether they want to believe it or not.
srirr
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:32:27 AM

Neurons: 296,973
I like such tests. But not to figure out what I am or who I am. I just take these tests for fun. A couple of points may come true in my result, but that does not mean I am just what is written there.

Just imagine, these questions can hardly give a few possible results. Those who know Permutation and Combination in Mathematics will understand it easily. But can that be applied to the whole population of this world? I dont think so.
So Just have fun.

We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. ~ Swami Vivekanand
Eurydice
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:47:42 AM

srirr wrote:
I like such tests. But not to figure out what I am or who I am. I just take these tests for fun. A couple of points may come true in my result, but that does not mean I am just what is written there.

Just imagine, these questions can hardly give a few possible results. Those who know Permutation and Combination in Mathematics will understand it easily. But can that be applied to the whole population of this world? I dont think so.
So Just have fun.

Same here. When I took these tests, I wasn't really expecting to see hard facts. I was just curious to see how close it can get to matching my personality, and incidentally, it came pretty close. I am well-aware that 'my results' won't necessarily be similar to everyone else who chose the same answers so I just wanted to see which is going to outnumber which -- the ones who say it's a bit close, it's pretty close, or not even close at all.

By the way, just for the record, I don't have an unusual penchant for personality tests. Searching and compiling "tests" like these just used to be part of my job so I've tried a good number of the ones floating on the net.