The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

St. Valentine's Day Massacre Options
Daemon
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 86,253
St. Valentine's Day Massacre

When Jack McGurn, a member of Al Capone's gang, was almost killed by members of rival George "Bugs" Moran's gang, Capone decided to retaliate by luring Bugs and some of his men to a warehouse and killing them. On the day of the massacre, Capone's men thought that the rival crime boss had entered the warehouse and opened fire. They killed seven men but not Bugs—he had grown suspicious and changed his plans. One of the seven victims initially survived, despite how many gunshot wounds? More...
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 2:01:25 AM

Neurons: 2,582,305
Daemon wrote:
St. Valentine's Day Massacre

When Jack McGurn, a member of Al Capone's gang, was almost killed by members of rival George "Bugs" Moran's gang, Capone decided to retaliate by luring Bugs and some of his men to a warehouse and killing them. On the day of the massacre, Capone's men thought that the rival crime boss had entered the warehouse and opened fire. They killed seven men but not Bugs—he had grown suspicious and changed his plans. One of the seven victims initially survived, despite how many gunshot wounds? More...

Answer:
Quote:
Frank Gusenberg. Despite fourteen bullet wounds, he was still conscious, but died three hours later, refusing to utter a word about the identities of the killers.

This is one thing I've never been able to understand, the refusal to testify against your attackers due to a ridiculous "code". If some bastard tries to kill me, the only thing which will stop me from testifying is if I kill the bastard myself. Speak to the hand

When you make an assumption, you make an ass of u & umption! - NeuroticHellFem
Omar Mariani
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 1:15:37 PM

Neurons: 76,546
About fifteen gunshot wounds
Beam
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 5:04:07 PM

Neurons: 519,518
NeuroticHellFem wrote:

This is one thing I've never been able to understand, the refusal to testify against your attackers due to a ridiculous "code". If some bastard tries to kill me, the only thing which will stop me from testifying is if I kill the bastard myself. Speak to the hand

As the expression goes, there is honor among thieves. Or we could say, it's a gangster thing, we wouldn't understand.
Beam
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 5:04:29 PM

Neurons: 519,518
Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 10:10:05 PM

Neurons: 37,072
And so the "boys" get angry and do what bad boys do......