The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Mirror Mirror on the wall, which of these countries is most likely to fall? Options
Maggie
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2010 2:08:27 PM

Neurons: 2,128
Antler wrote:
-
Why don't you read my post and see if that is what I wrote?

I did read your post:'
In it, you said:

"here is no question that there are racists in the United States.. There is absolutely no question that they are voting for Republican."
This quote clearly suggests that racists are those who only vote Republican. The apposing possibility is conspicuous in its absence.

So I repeat my question: Are you saying that there are no racists who vote Democratic?"
Tovarish
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2010 7:45:37 PM

Neurons: 39,933
'A Nation of Sheep' is that a New Zealand book?

Sorry about that Epi, just a little Southern Humor.

The erosion of our Freedom is a real concern, as it can be done in such a clandestine way,that mere mortals don't notice.
TL Hobs
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 12:31:26 AM

Neurons: 5,591
Antler wrote:

We are trying to have a discussion.....

Yes, we were, and it began with "Mirror, Mirror on the wall..." I suppose you expected it to be non-confrontational. If so, then I have to ask you, "And what did you do during recess today?"
Tovarish
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 6:14:01 AM

Neurons: 39,933
Now that good TL, you sure your not an Aussie???
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 10:43:40 AM

Neurons: 544,161
Tovarish wrote:
Now that good TL, you sure your not an Aussie???

I think you can find practical "lifestyle-Aussies" all over the world, even in Finland.
Antler
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 2:13:23 PM

Neurons: 129
Here is some of the "reasoning" of TL.

Anyone who discusses the budget of the US is a racist.

Topics that begin with the word "mirror" are an invitation for TL to come flame people and act like a left wing Limbaugh.

TL is the only person exempt from citing some sources, but TL has the option to fantasize that others for not using them, even though that is all they are doing.

Maggie,

There are reading courses all over the place, take a class and read my post to decipher the very difficult task of getting your answer.

Epiphileon,

You are correct, critical thinking requires... thinking.. and this thread is proof of it.

I will not ruin the thread that has a fairly intelligent discussion happening by posting the link, so our retarded flame thrower can't ruin it.

Tovarish,

I apologize for my typically disrespectful and Partisan countryman.

The deal with the country turning on Obama is not about "the country" turning on him, it is about what the corporate media chooses to report to you. It is "good TV" and their success and the wealth of the elite class in the US depends on these circuses, as long as they keep us divided and disrespectful, they get to keep their positions. They find one jackwipe who wants to spit at someone, and then drive that over and over and over again until everyone thinks that person represents some kind of large percentage of people. And since most people in this country are -not- capable of critical thought, let alone -original- thought, they just jump right in.

they cover these tea party (ie: Republican phoney grassroots) demonstrations with 5,000 people like they are relevant, but they were afraid to cover our million people anti-war marches because the people who own the media were investing in the war.. and banking on it, and now our tax dollars bailed them out.. so.. go figure..

Now, you can't even get on a board put up by an excellent service like TFD and talk about budgetary issues without being called a racist by some clown in their underwear.

That's my country.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 3:12:59 PM

Neurons: 544,161
I never thought Gasterophilus haemorrhoidalis could lay their eggs in humans.
Couple of posters here have proved that possible.
TL Hobs
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 6:37:03 PM

Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:

Or the south bound end of a north bound host of a Gasterophilus haemorrhoidalis Dancing
Antler
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 8:37:45 PM

Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:

Well, apparently, you'd fit right in here in the States.
Maggie
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 9:48:18 PM

Antler wrote:

Maggie,

There are reading courses all over the place, take a class and read my post to decipher the very difficult task of getting your answer.

It's often easier to criticize as a form of avoidance than to answer a question you'd rather not broach.
Antler
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 10:14:02 PM

i think i'm just trying to get you to actually read the post for what it is rather than create some kind of other meaning that is simply not there.

i ask you: Does that post that I wrote say that there are no racists who are democrats?
AnthA1G
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:19:39 AM

Neurons: 3,432
Antler wrote:

Topics that begin with the word "mirror" are an invitation for TL to come flame people and act like a left wing Limbaugh.

Methinks you are the one who's flaming other people. TL_Hobs was TRYING to say that starting the threat with such title "Mirror...most likely to fall" isn't the best way. I still don't consider myself an "American", but the title kind of disturbs me too; it's, in some way, making fun of how the U.S. is "likely falling".

Maggie,

In my opinion, Maggie is more than able to read and, from what I've read, she doesn't need to take "classes" to decipher whatever you got to say. Maybe you should take "classes", if there're any, to LEARN HOW TO DISAGREE WITH OTHERS. Maybe I've been harsh in other threads [like in Terrorism Threat (something like that)], but you're being plain rude, my comrade!

Tovarish,

I apologize for my typically disrespectful and Partisan countryman.

Who?
Anyways, no need to apologize for the deeds of others.

That's my country.

TL_Hobs was/is defending it.

Antler
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:59:09 PM

Our country -is- in it's waning years as the Empire. It -is- declining as a world power.

I cannot answer a non-sequitur, it just does not work for me. Wherever Maggie got the idea that I was saying there is no such thing as a racist Democrat has nothing to do with me, the post, or anything else in reality, in general.

As for you and your defense of retarded logic and Jr. High School style obfuscation: *yawn*

As for the rest of your post: *yawn*
dingdong
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 1:14:14 AM

Neurons: 3,370
Americans, why must respect and civility always go out of the window when you discuss politics? You are always at war with some country who has (supposedly) wronged you, but are you also at war with yourselves?
You are a nation, a superpower, in decline. You will soon be overtaken by those more focused and united. Come together in your final hours.

Btw, I'm English, so I know about decline. I'm living in China, so I know about focus. And I'm not anti-American.
Antler
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:56:57 AM

there was an attempt to have a discussion here, but someone started ranting about racism when someone brought up the budget.

rest assured, this discussion was engaged amicably elsewhere, with no hijacking by payasos partisanos.
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:15:59 AM

Neurons: 7,777
dingdong wrote:

You are a nation, a superpower, in decline. You will soon be overtaken by those more focused and united. Come together in your final hours.

What a strange remark. Are you a seer?

dingdong wrote:

Btw, I'm English, so I know about decline. I'm living in China, so I know about focus. And I'm not anti-American.

What exactly do you mean by 'focus'?
Antler
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:56:44 AM

Let's clarify something here.

The US is in it's final hours as an Empire.. but not as a nation.

Our best years are ahead of us.

People who think Americans are a bunch of boobs watch too much TV.

And the ones who -are- boobs, watch entirely too much TV.
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:56:30 AM

It would be silly to say America is a country of boobs, since that would mean calling people from all over the world, boobs. That's because America's population is a blend of people from different countries.
kolpino08
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 1:04:41 PM

Neurons: 6
kisholoy mukherjee wrote:
It would be silly to say America is a country of boobs, since that would mean calling people from all over the world, boobs. That's because America's population is a blend of people from different countries.

And in india lives onli Indian peoples,? Do you have not racism,?
Antler
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:44:40 PM

That is brilliant, and true. Now, if we can get my Countrymen/women, to understand that when we attack one part of the world, we are attacking our extended family.

Peace my friend!!
TL Hobs
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 10:35:53 PM

Sorry I haven't had the time to respond to the Antler attack. I've been busy. But, I would like to attempt to follow his logic, as much as is possible.

First, if you read the posts, Antler was the one to first use the word "racist" and continued to put it in my mouth, ad nauseum. It's his word, not mine.

Secondly,Drews "facts" are only talking points. The Office of Congressional Budget did not report what he claimed. I looked it up and cut and pasted from their web site, which I did cite, what they actually said. Antler must need an URL to find the OCB web page, or for some reason cannot find it with a Google search. I did cite my source and none of my statements were "non-sequitor." Antler doesn't seem to understand that.

Third, Antler wrote that he doesn't vote for a Republican or a Democrat and since there is no viable 3rd party, I guess it is safe to assume he doesn't vote. Perhaps he is not of age, yet? So, why does he bother spewing his opinion in places where it doesn't count? If he is a true American, he would vote in every election. What we have as a privilege, people elsewhere die for and some folks here choose not to use it. I don't understand that. Voting should be a requirement. But, this is America, where we allow people to ignore their rights and choose not to exercise them. But, it doesn't lend credence to their remarks if they don't vote.

Fourth, Drew announced in the beginning that the answer is "A", that America is going to fall. Unless he has a crystal ball that really works, I would be willing to bet against that, and I am not a gambling man. It is a big mistake to sell the US short. I have spent a career working with some very bright and dedicated people who would not give up this country very easily because someone is cheering for its demise.

Fifth, I do not watch TV, so Antler's assumption that I am a MSNBC/Fox fan is wrong again.

Sixth, everyone I met who says at the onset of a political discussion that "I am not a Democrat or a Republican.." has turned out to be a Republican, but were too shamed to admit it. That has been my experience. It's not an absolute. Antler makes the same claim. His vitriolic attack and showering insults on everyone in this post that disagrees with him is indicative of my Republican friends who say that they aren't a Republican, too. I forgive them and understand why they are embarrassed.

I go back to my second post. I love this country and refuse to sit by and let someone drag its name through the mud. We are not boobs. We are not in our final hour. We will not tolerate seditious actions. It is illegal and not warranted when we have a system of government that works. If you don't like it, get involved and change it. Write your elected representatives, vote in every election, run for office, volunteer to work on others campaigns. Otherwise, sit in front of your TV and watch Rush and Sarah bray like mules about what is wrong and do nothing about it.
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2010 8:13:06 AM

kolpino08 wrote:

And in india lives onli Indian peoples,? Do you have not racism,?

America has one of the most heterogeneous populations in the world, that's why I said it. Please improve your English so that it becomes more comprehensible.
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2010 8:15:35 AM

Antler wrote:
Now, if we can get my Countrymen/women, to understand that when we attack one part of the world, we are attacking our extended family.

Peace my friend!!

Applause Applause
Why only US. Wouldn't it be great if everyone in this world from every country felt that way?
Maggie
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 9:15:00 AM

Antler wrote:
Now, if we can get my Countrymen/women, to understand that when we attack one part of the world, we are attacking our extended family.

Peace my friend!!

Applause Applause
Why only US. Wouldn't it be great if everyone in this world from every country felt that way?

I don't consider those who blow up our buildings and kill our citizens as part of my extended family. Although most of us would like for everyone to have good intentions as their primary objective, there are individuals who are in this life for other more heinous reasons. Depending on what they do, some of these need to be dealt with through aggression and military might.

To do less is to become a part of the vanquished.
Luftmarque
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 9:49:27 AM

Neurons: 39,962
David Brooks (columnist in NYT) says Relax, We'll Be Fine. Believe it if you can.