The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Translation Options
Pinecampple
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 10:04:14 PM

Neurons: 33
Angel Hello! Recently I received a book for the holidays and found that it's written in Chinese. I loved it for my collection of odd and old books, but sadly I do not speak Chinese. So I was wondering, and hoping, that someone could help me translate it, or at least bits of it, so that I knew a little more about it. Like when it may have been made, and what it might be about/who wrote it. I have a few pictures uploaded of it HERE.
It doesn't all need to be translated, I just gave a few pictures so anyone who wanted to give it a shot could have more than just one image.
I've been trying to get it translated for a bit now but to no avail, so any assistance by this point would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thank you in advance! Angel
Pinecampple
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2014 3:51:12 PM

Please. Any translation will help.
learntosay
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 8:37:26 PM

Neurons: 1,490
I'd like to help but can't access the linked website...I'll try again later.
Or can you upload the image on somewhere else?
Pinecampple
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 9:25:03 PM

learntosay wrote:
I'd like to help but can't access the linked website...I'll try again later.
Or can you upload the image on somewhere else?

Oh! I'm sorry. Here I can upload them right here too. They were just sort of large. Let me scale 'em down a bit while I'm at it.

Xinli Dai
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 11:56:02 PM

Neurons: 5,967
Pinecampple wrote:
Angel Hello! Recently I received a book for the holidays and found that it's written in Chinese. I loved it for my collection of odd and old books, but sadly I do not speak Chinese. So I was wondering, and hoping, that someone could help me translate it, or at least bits of it, so that I knew a little more about it. Like when it may have been made, and what it might be about/who wrote it. I have a few pictures uploaded of it HERE.
It doesn't all need to be translated, I just gave a few pictures so anyone who wanted to give it a shot could have more than just one image.
I've been trying to get it translated for a bit now but to no avail, so any assistance by this point would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thank you in advance! Angel

That is actually japanese. I am a chinese person and know what the charecters look like.
Pinecampple
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 12:24:29 AM

Xinli Dai wrote:
Pinecampple wrote:

That is actually japanese. I am a chinese person and know what the charecters look like.

Is it? Oh I'm very sorry. I'll move this to the proper forum. Thank you for telling me.
learntosay
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 1:52:35 AM

Neurons: 1,490
This book looks nice. The author 宫 柊二 is a famous Japanese poet born in early 20th century.

Hope you can get satisfying answer on Japanese forum~
sa li
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:15:15 PM

Neurons: 15
Pinecampple wrote:

Japanese Language