The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Documentary on Goering Options
CricketMan79
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:07:02 AM

Neurons: 273
Hi All
After watching a documentary on cable about an American prison guard during the Nuremburg trials who became sympathetic to Goering and bought him things and in the end bought him a jar of skin cream with a capsule of cynanide in it.
Is this a myth? as it cannot be proven. There are photos of Goering and the guard during the trials. The guards Son denies his father fell into Goering's trap. Goering could speak english and was a very manipulative and deceiving person but the guards son refused to belive that his father could have prevented the allies from bringing Goering to Justice.
There is also a story about a Jewish dr who treated the prisoners awaiting trial at Nurembug who also helped Goering.
My question is after viewing the concentration camp films and listening to testimony, how could an american Lt be easily fooled and of all people a Jewish Dr as well into beliving the 2nd highest Nazi in history? it astounded me after watching the documentary

cheers

Blodybeef
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:08:28 AM

Neurons: 555,314
I sincerely wonder what would his sentence be?
Capital punishment?
HWNN1961
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:20:26 AM

Neurons: 9,763
Hello,

I saw the same documentary. I believe it to be accurate. When he was imprsioned, Goering's personal posessions, including the jar of skin creame, were taken for him and kept under lock-and-key. His only visitor was his wife, and she had no access to the personal goods. The evidence is circumstancial, but, pretty convincing, that only a guard had both access to the personal goods, and also to the prisoner.
oxymoron
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:04:35 PM

Neurons: 845
Ditto, only have the same information, but it sounds plausible.
caliban51782
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:58:14 PM

Neurons: 3
Does anyone happen to remember the name of this documentary? I've been trying to find it, in order to see it again, with no success.

Dave