The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Rule Changes May Shorten Wait for Transplants Options
Daemon
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 86,442
Rule Changes May Shorten Wait for Transplants

The waiting time for kidney transplants from deceased donors could be reduced for some of the more than 100,000 people in need in the US thanks to new guidelines. The rules for the process were recently revised by the United Network for Organ Sharing, under the direction of the US government. Patients will now be credited with time on the wait list as soon as they start dialysis, and young patients will receive healthy kidneys from young donors—a preventative measure intended to keep them from returning to the wait list for a re-transplant later in life. More...
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 5:44:29 AM

Neurons: 2,582,305
I've got it on my driver's licence that I'm donating everything possible. They can transplant my lady bits to a tranny wanting a sex change operation if they want, I'm not going to be needing any of it after I'm dead. People die for the lack of a kidney, heart, liver, please let your family & friends know that you want to help save the lives of others when you're gone. Most countries have a register, if not on your driver's licence, let your next of kin know your wishes.

When you make an assumption, you make an ass of u & umption! - NeuroticHellFem
striker
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 1:10:02 PM

Neurons: 2,240,255
update all tranplants
Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 2:22:27 PM

Neurons: 37,072
If this procedure can and does help people, then why does the really stupid religious right appose these procedure's? Could it be that within their "educational process", there is a process of learning that tolerates ignorance as a blessing and rejects science, for the same reasons?
Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 3:36:03 PM

Neurons: 37,072
I thought I'd add that I've been a donor for years and also a, "do-not-necessitate", if I am on "life support". Here, again is another stupid religious right practice; fight to keep the comatose alive but never pay their medical bills. Damn are those people, more often then not, really pathetically narrow minded. And, of course they will NEVER really help those that are in need, when they are alive and need/deserve help.....
Milica Boghunovich
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 4:06:20 PM

Neurons: 144,425
Rule Changes May Shorten Wait for Transplants

The waiting time for kidney transplants from deceased donors could be reduced for some of the more than 100,000 people in need in the US thanks to new guidelines. The rules for the process were recently revised by the United Network for Organ Sharing, under the direction of the US government. Patients will now be credited with time on the wait list as soon as they start dialysis, and young patients will receive healthy kidneys from young donors—a preventative measure intended to keep them from returning to the wait list for a re-transplant later in life. More...

What of American trafficking/murdering of the poor (including children) from Latin American and other countries for "donor" organs to the rich old and young?! We are not informed about this in the technologically sophisticated American devious propaganda against other countries. They only tell us how America is "beautiful", but ...