The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

what is the best way to learn arabic writing? Options
alimoro
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 8:57:16 AM

Neurons: 35
well, the title says it all. i do know that learning styles differ but i would love to know how did you personally learn Arabic writing. i do have a try here http://www.allif.net/?p=8 it is not the best of course.
rogermue
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 12:54:33 PM

Neurons: 34,900
My experience with learning Arabic writing is that the methods to teach Arabic writing are miserable, to say the least.
I tried three weeks to understand the system. No book was able to give a short introduction into the system. After I had understood that in principle only consonants are written and that each letter has variants according to position
(isolated letter, letter at the beginning/the middle/the end of a word) it was a lot easier.

The letters in isolated position have the clearest form. They are similar in end position and placed in a lower position to show the end of the word. In the middle of a word the letters become smaller and sometimes look different, especially the letter m.

Arabic is a consonant script, there are no letters for short vowels as a i u. But long vowels are indicated by consonant letters; so long u: is indicated by w, that is the letter w can stand for w or u:

Of course, there are some further complications with Arabic script, but I don't want to go into details, or I would have to write a booklet.

There are a lot of portals about Arabic scipt, you have to look around which are the best for you.
Maryam Dad
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 8:52:15 PM

Neurons: 3,343
I don't speak Arabic but I can write and read Arabic as good as native Arabs.

Learning Arabic writing was very easy for me. It's as easy as learning Latin letters, maybe that's because Arabic writing was very familiar and found everywhere.

My wife once told me that Arabic writing style is good for eyes health, I don't know where she found the info.

Kindness is a mark of faith. and whoever is not kind has no faith.