The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Fruit Juice and Five a Day Options
Daemon
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 86,253
Fruit Juice and Five a Day

Current nutrition guidelines recommend that people consume five portions of fruits and vegetables a day, and a serving of unsweetened juice can count towards this number. However, health campaigners are pushing for officials to remove juice from the guidelines because it can be confusing to parents. Many parents are under the impression that juice is a healthy choice for their children since it is derived from fruit, but they fail to realize that such juices are often packed with added sugars and that juice boxes typically exceed the recommended serving size. More...
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 7:41:32 AM

Neurons: 2,582,305
There sure is a lot of sugar in soft drinks & unsweetened fruit juice, but at least the fruit juice also contains numerous vitamins & minerals. Soft drinks are just sugar & water. A single serving of juice should be allowed, but I can see the confusion many parents would face, especially when it comes to portion size.

When you make an assumption, you make an ass of u & umption! - NeuroticHellFem
Milica Boghunovich
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 10:24:25 AM

Neurons: 144,425
Fruit Juice and Five a Day

Current nutrition guidelines recommend that people consume five portions of fruits and vegetables a day, and a serving of unsweetened juice can count towards this number. However, health campaigners are pushing for officials to remove juice from the guidelines because it can be confusing to parents. Many parents are under the impression that juice is a healthy choice for their children since it is derived from fruit, but they fail to realize that such juices are often packed with added sugars and that juice boxes typically exceed the recommended serving size.

Those with eating addiction are the first to suffer from sugar and salt overdose. Everything in moderation!Dancing
GreenBanana
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 10:39:36 AM

Neurons: 20,818
Idiots. Don't remove juice from the menu, remove unnecessary added sugar from the juice. Stop being such slavish whores to the corporatocracy and actually get something DONE for once. Fuckin' lazy tools.

Make every post as if it was the first one in the thread.
striker
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 1:48:57 PM

Neurons: 2,240,255
to much sugar
Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 4:11:00 PM

Neurons: 37,072
It is very sad that the sugar industry has basically "destroyed" not only the value of drink juices but also that of the majority of the cereal products sold today. Yes we have government agencies that should make changes, but they too are more likely then not effected by some sort of "greed". What we really need is a novel similar to that which cleaned up (somewhat) the meat packing industry. The title is not, "popping-up" in my brain, I think it was, "The Jungle"??? I grow my own oranges and dehydrate about 80 pounds, which gets us through the "off-months", while the lemons are more tart, but we/I use "TRUVIA" to sweeten them. This is a positive of living in Arizona. Will be driving across the state to the higher elevation where apples are grown, soon & will also dehydrate a few pounds, as well.....