The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Japan Resumes Diplomatic Relations with China (1972) Options
Daemon
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 84,693
Japan Resumes Diplomatic Relations with China (1972)

The first Sino-Japanese War in the late 19th century damaged relations between the two countries for decades, as it marked the emergence of imperial Japan and saw harsh terms imposed on a badly defeated China. Relations did not improve until Kakuei Tanaka was elected prime minister of Japan in 1972. Shortly after his election, Tanaka visited China and signed an agreement establishing diplomatic relations between Japan and the Beijing regime. Who else made a historic visit to China in 1972? More...
TheParser
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 6:42:37 AM

Neurons: 22,062
***** MY OPINION *****

Before World War II, Japan believed that it had the right to control its Asian "brothers."

Now China thinks that it has the right to control its neighbors, especially those to the south.

As usual, only the United States of America stands in China's way of intimidating those smaller and weaker nations. Only the States stands in the way of China's gobbling up democratic Taiwan.

Gary98
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 11:23:48 AM

Neurons: 4,538,861
TheParser wrote:
***** MY OPINION *****

Before World War II, Japan believed that it had the right to control its Asian "brothers."

Now China thinks that it has the right to control its neighbors, especially those to the south.

As usual, only the United States of America stands in China's way of intimidating those smaller and weaker nations. Only the States stands in the way of China's gobbling up democratic Taiwan.

The difference I can see is that under "Co-Prosperity Sphere" Japan invaded many countries, killed millions innocent civilians. That is Japanese control.

China's way of control is building infrastructure in Africa, mining minerals there. And I heard China is going to build high speed rail in South Asia.

Some difference.
TheParser
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 11:46:05 AM

Gary98 wrote:

China's way of control is building infrastructure in Africa, mining minerals there. And I heard China is going to build high speed rail in South Asia.

Some difference.

Yes, that is great!

I was referring to China's trying to dominate the waters near Vietnam and the Philippines.

That is definitely not very nice.
striker
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 5:05:06 PM

Neurons: 2,240,255
japanese economy needs help
Gary98
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 5:16:19 PM

TheParser wrote:
Gary98 wrote:

Some difference.

Yes, that is great!

I was referring to China's trying to dominate the waters near Vietnam and the Philippines.

That is definitely not very nice.

No, that is not nice.

Most of the lesson China has learnt in its recent history is might is right. Vietnam and Philippine acted the exact same way if not worse than China. Check out how Philippine shot dead Taiwanese who fished illegally, not to mention Vietnamese invasion of Cambodia. Were Vietnam or Philippine half the size of China, I would not be surprised if either of them pulled an atrocious Japanese invasion act on their neighbors.

So I look at what they have done, not what they say who they are.
Gary98
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 5:35:32 PM

TheParser wrote:
***** MY OPINION *****

I am not sure the United States of America Should stand in China's way to unit with Taiwan. They have more reason to unit than US to unit with Puerto Rico or Hawaii.

As the world's sole super power, we can't solve Israel-Palestine problem for decades, we can't have a little peace in middle east after couple of wars and trillions spent, we have problem convince (some call it intimidate) the Russian. China is a somewhat cooperating partner, and how smart are we to make them our enemy number one, not to mention the trillions we borrowed from them? Do we have to, or can we destroy Russian if they are different?

Someone in the US is making big bucks, and not so many are always thinking about American people.
nkelsey
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 9:02:27 PM

Neurons: 192,145
Applause
TheParser
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:45:08 AM

Thanks, Gary, for your comments.

I may DISagree with some of your opinions, but I think that it's wonderful that you are joining in the conversation.

I hope that you continue to express your opinion on many topics.

Have a nice day!

James