The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Stephen King (1947) Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 86,253
Stephen King (1947)

King is a popular American author of horror stories and one of the best-selling writers worldwide. His work bears the mark of the 19th-century Gothic tradition, often taking everyday situations and revealing their macabre and horrific potential. He is noted for his cinematic style, and several of his novels and stories have been made into successful movies, including The Shining, Stand by Me, and The Shawshank Redemption. Under what pen names has King published? More...
Franklyn Wesley
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 6:34:27 AM

Neurons: 7,175
Daemon wrote:
Stephen King (1947)

King is a popular American author of horror stories and one of the best-selling writers worldwide. His work bears the mark of the 19th-century Gothic tradition, often taking everyday situations and revealing their macabre and horrific potential. He is noted for his cinematic style, and several of his novels and stories have been made into successful movies, including The Shining, Stand by Me, and The Shawshank Redemption. Under what pen names has King published? More...
notable works
rossalicia
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 9:18:35 AM

Neurons: 55,870
Stephen King has published under the pen names of Richard Bachman.

"Following the success of his first few novels, Stephen King was restricted, by his publisher, to publish just one book a year; for fear that the market would otherwise become flooded by Stephen King books. King, however, was keen to publish more, so he convinced his publishers to allow him to publish books under a pseudonym. The first name that Stephen King came up with for his alter ego was in tribute to his maternal grandfather, Gus Pillsbury, but, King finally settled on the name of Richard Bachman."

http://artois52.hubpages.com/hub/Why-did-Stephen-King-write-books-as-Richard-Bachman

NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 10:31:50 AM

Neurons: 2,582,305
I loved The Stand. An Armageddon novel. Beautifully interwoven characters, I read it years ago & it's stayed with me.

When you make an assumption, you make an ass of u & umption! - NeuroticHellFem
monamagda
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 12:32:57 PM

Neurons: 5,592,806
I have never read this author because I don't enjoy this literature genre. Thought, horror fiction allows you to experience the thrill and terror of a dangerous situation, without ever actually putting yourself in danger.

Real life is tedious, but excitement of running from an inhuman killer who wants to rip you limb from limb, or fighting zombies that want to eat you alive..... Horror fiction enable you a safe escape from the triviality of reality.

Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 1:33:25 PM

Neurons: 37,072
I truly enjoy his writing's and the adaptions to the "sliver-screen", are usually always well executed, though I only now do the 52" "black-screen", in my front room.... :-) What else could one say, other then; "Hay there Steve-boy, you ROCK KIDDO".
nkelsey
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 6:37:43 PM

Neurons: 192,145
Applause
striker
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 7:00:24 PM

Neurons: 2,240,255
my favorite.