The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

"tous les moyens d'étude" - Help! English? Options
KMPageau
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2014 3:58:28 PM

Neurons: 193
Hi there.

I'm using Systran to translate a long document (for personal interest) which has a couple of sections with a lot of what looks like financial and socio-economic terminology. I can fix up most of the rough English, and I do read a lot of French, but I don't know financial terminology really at all. I may be over-cautious with some terms, but I just want to double check. Help would be appreciated. I will put the target phrase in each case between slashes. If you notice anything else wrong that I am not seeing, please let me know. Thanks.

p. 115

I'm thinking in franglais here, I could use a little help:

Nous sommes conscients qu'il nous faudra, pour le mener à bien, ///// tous les moyens d'étude ///// et les dossiers complets dont seul dispose un gouvernement.

We are conscious that to successfully carry it off, we will need ///// all the means of study ///// and the complete records which only a government has.
denvincent
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:38:24 AM

Neurons: 5
Systran isn't of any help with long documents. Especially when it concerns socio-economic and financial terminology. Here's the translation I have using French-English online dictionary:

Nous sommes conscients qu'il nous faudra, pour le mener à bien, ///// tous les moyens d'étude ///// et les dossiers complets dont seul dispose un gouvernement.

We are aware of the fact that in order to achieve some positive results, we will need ///// all the knowledge and data ///// and the complete records which only government has.
You can visit the website to check other traslations.