The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Perfume Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 86,253
Perfume

Perfume is a mixture of alcohol and fragrant essential oils. Animal substances—such as musk, ambergris, and civet—were first added as fixatives in the Middle Ages. Since the early 19th century, chemists have produced thousands of synthetic essential oils, some imitating natural products and others yielding new scents. Most perfumes today are blends of natural and synthetic scents and of fixatives that add pungency. Fine perfumes may blend more than 100 ingredients. What is a fragrance wheel? More...
Bryn Kinnaird
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 3:27:19 AM

Neurons: 25,238
I would love to find a big old lump of ambergris.
gwapa
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 3:44:45 AM

Neurons: 1,103
i love perfume!Drool
stefan
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 6:35:39 AM

Neurons: 3,293,044
The Fragrance wheel is a relatively new classification method that is widely used in retail and in the fragrance industry. The method was created in 1983 by Michael Edwards, a consultant in the perfume industry, who designed his own scheme of fragrance classification. The new scheme was created in order to simplify fragrance classification and naming scheme, as well as to show the relationships between each of the individual classes.[15]
monamagda
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 7:57:06 AM

Neurons: 5,592,806
The Fragrance Wheel

Although your sense of smell is emotional, the fragrances you most enjoy will probably belong to just one or two fragrance families.

The Fragrance Wheel holds the key to your fragrance likes and dislikes. It lets you see at a glance the relationship between the 14 different families.

Each family leads to the next. Florals become Soft Florals when blended with sparkling aldehydes and balanced by a powdery drydown. Soft Florals are transformed into Floral Orientals by adding the scents of orange blossom and sweet spices

http://www.fragrancesoftheworld.com/fragrancewheel.aspx

Fayme Rose
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 12:41:17 PM

Neurons: 320
I am a fan of floral and spicy fragrances...
I love essential oils that smell like vanilla, orchid, roses and sandalwood.
I love the products often found at L'Ocittane that cater to a Rose fragrance...Dancing
Absurdicuss
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 7:39:38 PM

Neurons: 30,654
monamagda wrote:
The Fragrance Wheel

Although your sense of smell is emotional, the fragrances you most enjoy will probably belong to just one or two fragrance families.

The Fragrance Wheel holds the key to your fragrance likes and dislikes. It lets you see at a glance the relationship between the 14 different families.

Each family leads to the next. Florals become Soft Florals when blended with sparkling aldehydes and balanced by a powdery drydown. Soft Florals are transformed into Floral Orientals by adding the scents of orange blossom and sweet spices

http://www.fragrancesoftheworld.com/fragrancewheel.aspx

The wheel looks like the old Trivial Pursuit game, which sort of reminds me of perfume's value to humankind.

Nevertheless.

Thanks mona. You know, if it weren't for women there'd be no such thing as fragrance. The world of men is a heady stench.

"Now" is the eternal present.
Alison brown
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:59:12 AM

Neurons: 28
I love perfume a lot. Perfume is way to show a good impact on surrounding, There is having a multiple types of perfumes fragrance like: Citrus, Floral, Fruity, Green, Oceanic, Oriental, Spicy, Woody (Chypre) any many more but i love Floral fragrance most.Speak to the hand