The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Teen Use of Human Growth Hormone on Rise in US Options
Daemon
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 83,883
Teen Use of Human Growth Hormone on Rise in US

American teens are increasingly using synthetic human growth hormone (HGH) without medical supervision in an effort to enhance their athletic performance and appearance. Just five percent of high-school students polled in 2012 said they had used synthetic HGH without a prescription, but by 2013 that number had jumped to 11 percent. The non-profit Partnership for Drug-Free Kids, which carried out the surveys, said the findings highlight the need for better regulation and labeling of over-the-counter products purporting to contain synthetic HGH. More...
walirlan
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 2:58:46 AM

Neurons: 253,078
It's sad and pathetic.
thar
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 10:02:36 AM

Neurons: 81,124
I am always extremely sceptical of figures from self-reported behaviour, and this is no exception.
But I did note the survey quoted users as 12% of boys (I think) and 9% of girls.
I am surprised the value for girls is so high, or so close to that of boys. - I would not have expected the hoped-for growth and muscularity effects would be attractive to that many American teenage girls.
Or, conversely, if they are so common, I would expect them to be even more commonly used by teenage boys.
GreenBanana
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 10:28:02 AM

Neurons: 20,818
Why? I thought when you learn a lesson, you stick with it. I'm so confused. We learned this lessons as recently as the 90s--don't be a homophobe, the rich owe the poor a living for exploiting and milking them, everyone deserves health care, don't live vicariously through frivolous, recreational chemical dependency. How come when we learn these lessons, the human race doesn't seem to retain the knowledge? Is there's a pandemic of amnesia?

Make every post as if it was the first one in the thread.
Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 12:38:04 PM

Neurons: 350,106
Daemon wrote:
Teen Use of Human Growth Hormone on Rise in US

American teens are increasingly using synthetic human growth hormone (HGH) without medical supervision in an effort to enhance their athletic performance and appearance. Just five percent of high-school students polled in 2012 said they had used synthetic HGH without a prescription, but by 2013 that number had jumped to 11 percent. The non-profit Partnership for Drug-Free Kids, which carried out the surveys, said the findings highlight the need for better regulation and labeling of over-the-counter products purporting to contain synthetic HGH. More...

Mass narcissism can't end well... and it won't.

We'd be way better off if people just ate healthy (real food, moderate carbs, protein and good fats) and treated other people nicely.

The best way to control the opposition is to finance it. Birds of prey have two wings; the left wing & right wing.
Gary98
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 6:00:10 PM

Neurons: 4,437,738
It is sad mostly.
excaelis
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:02:01 AM

Neurons: 32,652
The last animals that let their bodies get really big and their brains get really small are in our gas tanks.

Sanity is not statistical