The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Schutzengelfest Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 86,253
Schutzengelfest

Schutzengelfest is a religious and social occasion in northern Switzerland observed since the 17th century. Its setting is the Wildkirchli, or "chapel in the wild," a cave in the Alpstein mountain range in the Appenzell Innerrhoden Canton. A Capuchin monk decided in 1621 that the cave was an ideal place for mountain worship. Today, the festival starts at 10 a.m., when a priest or monk from Appenzell conducts the worship service. Then, a yodelers' choir gives a festive concert, and participants start walking to the villages of Ebenalp or Aescher for feasting and dancing. More...
moniquester
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 3:06:58 AM

Neurons: 87,227
We also celebrate the feast of the Guardian Angels! It is one of my favorite feasts of the liturgical calendar. Each of us has a guardian angel, who intercedes before the Face of God for us. How beautiful is that!!

Be the change you wish to see in the world!-Gandhi
monamagda
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 2:16:26 PM

Neurons: 5,592,806

"I will send an angel who preceded you. He will protect you in your ways and bring thee into the place which I have appointed" God promises the people of Israel. The people should "listen to his voice and do all that God says." Because in the angel is God's name currently. (Exodus, 23, 20 ff) This promise is experienced today by people as consoling. The idea of ​​a personal angel was also marked by Jesus. "Take heed to yourselves in front of it, a despising of these little ones: for I say unto you.. Their angels in heaven always see the face of my heavenly Father (Matthew 18, 10) The worship of the guardian angel goes back to the first millennium.

http://www.klabautermaenneken.de/t1682f13-Heute-ist-Schutzengelfest.html