The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Knee Replacement Overuse Concerns Options
Daemon
Posted: Saturday, July 5, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 86,985
Knee Replacement Overuse Concerns

In the past two decades, the number of total knee replacements in the US has more than doubled, and there are concerns that not all of them are justified. Recent research seems to validate these concerns, suggesting that a third of the osteoarthritis patients in the US that undergo total knee replacements are inappropriate for the procedure. Most of them had only moderate symptoms and limited joint damage. Part of the problem appears to be a lack of a standard in criteria for evaluating potential knee replacement candidates. More...
John J. Gerhardt
Posted: Saturday, July 5, 2014 4:21:29 PM

Neurons: 28,595
I've had both knees replaced...the right knee in Dec.1999 and the left knee in June 2000 and so far all is well...when the cartilage gone it's pain with bone rubbing on bone. I've also had my left ankle replace but the implant is not square with the horizontal plane...but as the doctor says the osteoarthritis pain has been removed which is good but there is a tilting of the ankle joint...so just live with it and make the best of it...I can still push a spade in the ground.
Alexander Lo
Posted: Saturday, July 5, 2014 7:52:34 PM

Neurons: 86,669
5 years ago, my doctor said I need to replace my needs; cause I had a hard time walking up/down the stairs. I did not listen to him. Instead of spending the money (which I don't have and can't afford) to replace my knees; I joined a gym - swimming, walking and climbing stairs. Now I run 20 miles a week, no problems at all.
randyparker
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:06:35 AM

Neurons: 73
My mother suffers from knee pain and the doctor has advised her the same. We are not sure about what should be done.