The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Elvis Presley Gives Last Concert (1977) Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 86,253
Elvis Presley Gives Last Concert (1977)

Elvis Presley, now known to millions as "The King of Rock 'n' Roll," became a national sensation in 1956 and dominated the world of rock music until 1963. His most successful songs include "Heartbreak Hotel," "Love Me Tender," and "Don't Be Cruel." His success spawned a spate of B-movie appearances, but his popularity waned in the late 60s, and he developed a drug dependence and died in 1977 at age 42. What theories do some fans cite in their claims that Elvis did not really die in 1977? More...
Alexander Lo
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:48:36 AM

Neurons: 86,669
Are there any people still think the king is physically alive? He is dead, but his songs rock on!
LucOneOff
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:49:10 AM

Neurons: 696,826
Since his death, there have been numerous alleged sightings of Presley. A long-standing theory among some fans is that he faked his death. Fans have noted alleged discrepancies in the death certificate, reports of a wax dummy in his original coffin and numerous accounts of Presley planning a diversion so he could retire in peace.
Lalokita Assesina
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:53:51 AM

Neurons: 1,889
The King of Rock 'n' Roll
Pieter_Hove
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:33:47 PM

Neurons: 596,642
I know where I was when the news of his death was announced on the radio, and I was only ten. I was on vacation with family, it was an afternoon in Europe, at the Belgian coast, and we sat in the dining/living room of the first floor of a villa that we rented. The radio was an old two-button-one-speaker device with the red needle to search for the AM, MW and FM waves (London, Brussels, Luxemburg, ...). I wondered: hey what's going on. Now I know that an artist or any man or woman with outstanding performance, can be of some influence in other people's lives. I find it sad though, that bad aspects of history reoccur. Like some doctor who prescribes too much of the goodie pills to well known musicians ...
monamagda
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 6:39:20 PM

Neurons: 5,592,806
Is Elvis still alive?

This one is the most popular of all Elvis' myths. It's so hard to believe that someone as famous as Elvis could die so suddenly. It left his fans in a state of shock. So much that evidence was collected to prove he faked his death. Some believe the body in the coffin was a wax figure and not Elvis and that because he was supposedly working with DEA agents, he had to go into the witness protection program. Another theory states Elvis's middle name was misspelled for a reason. The extra "A" in Aaron stands for "alive". However, those who attended the funeral and were close to him including his finacee Ginger Alden, who discovered him dead on his dressing room floor, swears he is indeed dead. However, short of exhuming his body and doing DNA tests, we may never know the truth to this myth.
Alexander Lo
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:09:02 PM

Neurons: 86,669
Any reasons why people think that Elvis faked his death?
Vicki Holzknecht
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:04:43 PM

Neurons: 61,514
I love Elvis Pressley. He was such a great singer. I can remember when he first started his music and hip twisting, on the tv they would only show him from the waist up. Because his moves were considered provocative. I feel his moves were mild compared to today's dancers.