The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Vince Lombardi (1913) Options
Daemon
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 88,887
Vince Lombardi (1913)

Lombardi was one of the greatest coaches in the history of American football and the driving force behind the Green Bay Packers, who dominated the National Football League during his tenure. His team won five championships in nine years, including Super Bowls I and II. The Lombardi Trophy, awarded to the winner of the Super Bowl each year, is a tribute to his successful tactics and passion for the game. Prior to pursuing a career in football, Lombardi studied to become what? More...
webtrafficconnection
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:10:22 AM

Neurons: 880
Daemon wrote:
Vince Lombardi (1913)

Lombardi was one of the greatest coaches in the history of American football and the driving force behind the Green Bay Packers, who dominated the National Football League during his tenure. His team won five championships in nine years, including Super Bowls I and II. The Lombardi Trophy, awarded to the winner of the Super Bowl each year, is a tribute to his successful tactics and passion for the game. Prior to pursuing a career in football, Lombardi studied to become what? More...

Wonderful football hero and legend that touted "back to the basics!" Great advice for anyone!
monamagda
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:42:43 PM

Neurons: 5,894,433
Famous Quote by Vince Lombardi

Lombardi on Lombardi
“I’ve been in football all my life, gentlemen, and I don’t know whether I’m particularly qualified to be a part of anything else, except I consider it a great game, a game of many assets, by the way, and I think a symbol of what this country’s best attributes are: courage and stamina and a coordinated efficiency or teamwork.”
“At many a moment on many a day, I am convinced that pro football must be a game for madmen, and I must be one of them.”
“Before I can embrace freedom, I should be aware of what duties I have.

http://www.vincelombardi.com/quotes.html