The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Still No Sight of Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 82,992
Still No Sight of Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane

As the days tick by, and searchers fail to turn up any sign of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, it seems less and less likely that this story will have anything other than a tragic ending. Loved ones of the 239 souls on board are clinging to the last vestiges of hope, but they are being told to prepare for the worst. The Boeing 777, which departed Kuala Lumpur on Saturday, vanished without a trace while en route to Beijing. No distress call was issued. It has since come to light that two passengers on the plane were traveling with stolen passports, raising the question of whether the disappearance is terror related. However, until the plane is found, officials can do little more than speculate. More...
Christine
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:54:12 AM

Neurons: 15,842
mystery

http://time.com/18358/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-disappearances/
6 Mysterious Airplane Disappearances in Aviation History

I am carrying my heart~I am carrying my rhythm~I am carrying my prayers~But you can't kill my spirit~It's soaring and strong (Paula Cole's Me Lyrics)***We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We ARE spirtual beings having a human experience.(T.deChardin)***There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. (Albert Einstein)

TheParser
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:55:45 AM

Neurons: 22,062
The way in which the media are covering this tragedy may be one reason why so many people have no respect for the media.

On American cable TV, for example, there are hours and hours of speculation by every kind of "expert."

The media simply cannot wait until the FACTS are established.

Dr. Mohammed Albadri
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:04:59 AM

Neurons: 76,208
It seems like bermuda triangle mysteries
curmudgeonine
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 9:36:35 AM

Neurons: 170,308
My thoughts went to the Bermuda Triangle, too.
How can such a big object simply disappear without a trace, without some kind of radar trace, something?
rocket9
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:15:06 AM

Neurons: 4,285
if its true that there were two person in the flight with fake passport that has to be the reason it is most likely that we are closer to another 9/11 than before
GreenBanana
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:55:21 AM

Neurons: 20,818
What I don't understand is why China is so desperate for Malaysia to find the plane when China's government is known for disappearing its own citizens.

Make every post as if it was the first one in the thread.
Gayle48
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:50:47 PM

Neurons: 11,527
All passports domestic and (to us) foreign should have chip for lost or stolen and a swipe would pull this

info up. No so good for phobics or conspiracy buffs. But they did find this out fairly quickly after the fact. Giving hope???

Conjecture maybe too early but with no debris and no Bermuda triangle might be a very steep decent after ? something in the

cockpit. I almost hit a barn...well it was in the way. Hot weather and full tank makes for pull up a prayer and a lot of

swearing. This flight is gonna be tough one if it is in the water and nothing floating by now. Deep water.
Gayle48
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:59:09 PM

Neurons: 11,527
Parser....never watch American cable news for at least a week after a big event that is especially overseas. On and on they know

nothing more than we do. I watched a week of Katrina in New Orleans and read the NY Times and still have PTS due to the live

pictures. Fox and the others will put on every expert and they know not a thing specific to this flight.
kenturner1
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:49:10 PM

Neurons: 11,475
How disconcerting and tragic.

**DISCLAIMER**
Professor
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:21:19 PM

Neurons: 42,087
It is very tragic. It appears to be similar to the Rio Flight to Paris Air France flight 447 after it crashed shortly after it took off. This accident occurred early in the AM so would be difficult to spot initially. However, we should be seeing debris soon if it crashed into the ocean and not over land. God Bless the Victims.

"You reveal your character by what you do with what you have."