The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Truth indeed rather alleviates than hurts, and will always bear up against falsehood, as oil does above water. Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 86,850
Truth indeed rather alleviates than hurts, and will always bear up against falsehood, as oil does above water.

Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616)
pedro
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 6:01:20 AM

Neurons: 63,022
I expect he left it to his wife to tell the kids the truth about Father Christmas.

All good ideas arrive by chance- Max Ernst
RamufAznag
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 6:33:13 AM

Neurons: 578,405
Well, if you heed the second part of the saying, I guess his wife wouldn't have to tell their kids the "truth" after all.
Then again, if the kids are wise enough to find it out for themselves, I'd think that the first part would apply beautifully. At least for me it did.
Bully_rus
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 6:45:07 AM

Neurons: 258,708
Daemon wrote:
Truth indeed rather alleviates than hurts, and will always bear up against falsehood, as oil does above water.

Does Cervantes have particular kind of oil in mind? What's wrong with water?
thar
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:15:28 AM

Neurons: 84,190
I think humans have discovered the power of surfactants. Frequently truth sinks like sludge!
Christine
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:08:13 AM

Neurons: 15,842
Tell that to the politicians!

I am carrying my heart~I am carrying my rhythm~I am carrying my prayers~But you can't kill my spirit~It's soaring and strong (Paula Cole's Me Lyrics)***We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We ARE spirtual beings having a human experience.(T.deChardin)***There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. (Albert Einstein)

capitán
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:38:08 AM

Neurons: 23,704
Daemon wrote:

---

It, of course, depends on people's disposition towards hearing what others have to say.
jcbarros
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:51:41 AM

Neurons: 9,052
Tell the truth... and flee.
thar
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:57:24 AM

Neurons: 84,190
Ah, what a happy, optomistic band we have here in freedelfia. Brick wall
Pieter_Hove
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 2:43:16 PM

Neurons: 596,642
thar wrote:
I think humans have discovered the power of surfactants. Frequently truth sinks like sludge!

I think truth comes only in doses, unfortunately. Like "a moment of truth". But those moments can be recycled for further use, fortunately.
Professor
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 6:38:59 PM

Neurons: 42,160
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." - Mark Twain

"You reveal your character by what you do with what you have."
Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:50:12 PM

Neurons: 350,106
"When you want to help people, you tell them the truth.
When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear."
~ Thomas Sowell

Of course, it depends on the situation.

The truth I lay on people is pretty deep.

Very bad people are in control of the world's monetary system and they've weaponized it.

In true Art of War fashion, this effort has be hidden, even though it is in plain view.

Poverty is a feature, not a bug. While that might sound esoteric to some, consider that the #1 cause of human death and the #1 cause of human misery **is** poverty.

Debt based money is a fraud engineered to bankrupt entire societies and, through sleight of hand and some basic 5th grade math, transfer control of society's assets and future into the hands of the criminals who created this system.

Debt is not a Choice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juQc0rLdB-E

Renaissance 2.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96c2wXcNA7A

Debt Money Tyranny (PDF graphically exposes monetary fraud)
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4768883/debtmoneytyranny-6-1-pdf-60k?tr=77

Here is a short introduction to the fraud that is debt based money (money is issued into society as debt):

If a Private International Monetary / Banking Cartel (PIMBC) lends $20 into society (including government!) @ 5% interest, in one year, society owes this PIMBC $21 after one year due to double entry bookkeeping adjustments that add $1 interest liability to society and $1 interest asset to the PIMBC.

Do you comprehend the fraud? Society was only given $20, yet they owe $21 and the lender controls 100% of the money required for society to pay back the loan!

WHO is sovereign in this monetary configuration?

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
by: Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821) French emperor

Indeed. I’m not sure if Napoleon understand the actual mechanics of the fraud and control mechanism, but he understood the results of it and communicated it quite nicely.

Think about it this way, if YOU were the most powerful entity in a country would YOU let SOMEONE ELSE control the monetary system?

No way! Why? Because they control the one thing that can turn EVERYONE AGAINST YOU!

It logically follows that the PIMBC is more powerful than governments.

Indeed, WHO is the #1 financier of politicians that runs governments? The PIMBC through their various mega-corporate fronts.

Indeed, WHO is the #1 government lobbyist to government? The PIMBC through their various mega-corporate fronts.

Indeed, WHO doles out the Payola to politicians after the leave office? The PIMBC through their various mega-corporate fronts.

I believe Tony Blair is making $1 million a year working for JP Morgan. WHO gets installed into European governments when their debt money system bankrupts the common person? Goldman Sachs operatives.

Now you know WHY.

Oh, and a “bailout” is when the PIMBC lends $20 into existence, pockets the money via one of its mega corporate fronts and then demands society pay back the $21 after one year WHEN THE $20 WASN’T EVEN GIVEN TO SOCIETY IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I can explain how creating more $20s, all with the identical fraud embedded in it, creates exponential debt issuance… which is exactly what we’ve seen over the last 30-40 years. If anyone is interested, let me know and I’ll share.

So, did this reality alleviate your hurts? You all tell me.

The best way to control the opposition is to finance it. Birds of prey have two wings; the left wing & right wing.
Verbatim
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:34:55 PM

Neurons: 246,014
Daemon wrote:

This is true mostly when truth bites one's behind and is mistaken for pampering. It's what we do with the truth that makes it bear out, or not:

Entertain truth by fair thought, balanced by all known reality, give it a natural birth in speech and writing.
pedro
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 6:14:45 AM

Neurons: 63,022
Professor wrote:
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." - Mark Twain

Applause just noticed this. Nice quote!

All good ideas arrive by chance- Max Ernst
TheParser
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 6:33:42 AM

Neurons: 22,062
Daemon wrote:
Truth ... will always bear up against falsehood

Yes, it eventually does.

But it may take a long time.

In my country, there are a lot of lies that are politically correct at the present time.

Someday, however, the truth will come out.
Verbatim
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 1:36:18 PM

Neurons: 246,014

A good many truths are lurking behind our conscious minds, in the pale of some sort of neutral zone, whence we retrieve some, not always without the surprise of finding out that, yes, we knew them all along.
How we process the new-found truths, what we make of them, that is another (grey) matter.