The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Facebook Is Launched (2004) Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 88,029
Facebook Is Launched (2004)

With over a billion active users, Facebook is the most popular social networking site on the Web. Founded by Mark Zuckerberg in 2004 as a way to facilitate online communication between Harvard University students, the platform was a great success and was soon opened up to students at other colleges, then to high school students, and eventually to anyone in the world over the age of 13 with access to the Internet. What new words and word meanings have been added to the lexicon thanks to Facebook? More...
Professor
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:24:59 AM

Neurons: 42,160
Daemon wrote:
Facebook Is Launched (2004)

With over a billion active users, Facebook is the most popular social networking site on the Web. Founded by Mark Zuckerberg in 2004 as a way to facilitate online communication between Harvard University students, the platform was a great success and was soon opened up to students at other colleges, then to high school students, and eventually to anyone in the world over the age of 13 with access to the Internet. What new words and word meanings have been added to the lexicon thanks to Facebook? More...

Facebook is an amazing site and as I put it, the largest graveyard in the world. Can you imagine how many users are no longer with us because they have died? Of course,their account will go inactive and eventually the ID will be re-released to the public but I wonder what will happen to their timeline, photos etc. As an example, I usually check my Facebook once every few months and one time, I received a message from a foster child that we had living with us when I was fifteen or sixteen. He asked if I remembered him and if he could be my friend on Facebook. He had an elaborate comment that if I did not want to be,that he would understand etc. It was three months old and so of course I accepted his request. I wrote a long message that about how found I was of him and of course I remembered him.I gave him my email and phone number. When I hit send, I got a shocking response that he had died. His page was in memory of .... My heart sank, especially because I waited so long in checking my Facebook that he never heard my response of how much I admired him. I did contact his wife and sent a picture of him and I to his family. I hope he is is looking down from heaven now...
Shabil Basheer
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:26:29 AM

Neurons: 12,388
Really incredible..!!
Rubina
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:37:09 AM

Neurons: 3,434
A salute to facebook..
CheVegas ☁️ ✈ ☁️
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:45:04 AM

Neurons: 339,558
The dawn of social media...and the simultaneous and paradoxical expansion of human social retardation.
Henryk Matysiak
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 4:29:42 AM

Neurons: 3
Facebook's popularity is not necessarily any sign or measure of success. The Facebook business is successful because the millions of user's of the 'free' services provided have little control or indeed understanding of how their private information is being marketed.
Luker4
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 4:51:25 AM

Neurons: 24,473
Dancing Dancing I like Facebook useful tool
Gustavo de S Consoni
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:04:00 AM

Neurons: 76,559
Facebook is an important tool for my career.
I don`t know how to work without my google account, my twitter, linked-in and my Facebook account.
ithink140
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:17:41 AM

Neurons: 17,922
I hate Facebook and the very idea of it....it is invasive poison.
Guto André
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:30:16 PM

Neurons: 25,311
Facebook arrived and changed the communication world.
Absurdicuss
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 9:05:43 PM

Neurons: 30,654
Chevegas wrote:
The dawn of social media...and the simultaneous and paradoxical expansion of human social retardation.

Applause an observable phenomenon Chevegas, well worded.