The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

cornucopia Options
Daemon
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 83,100
cornucopia

(noun) The property of being extremely abundant.

Synonyms: profuseness, richness

Usage: The cornucopia of job opportunities overwhelmed the immigrants, who had come from a town with only one employer.
reinsalkas
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:53:59 AM

Neurons: 11,678

I can't wait until everyone in the world is rational, or until just enough are rational to make a difference.
Apexcreativity
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:55:41 PM

Neurons: 13,907
THE CORNUCOPIA OF MORALITY IN THE SOCIETY IS A TESTIMONY TO THE WORKINGS OF THE CLERICS
Brian Hitchcock
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:25:58 PM

Neurons: 56
A simpler definition would be "extreme abundance".

I like the closing phrase of the poster posted by reinsallas: "Without Cyclones or Buzzards". Actually, there were (and still are a few) California Condors in California, which, along with vultures, hawks and other raptors, could broadly be considered "buzzards" in the parlance of midwestern US farmers. But at least most of California does not experience "Blizzards"!

By the way, I highly recommend www.cornucopia.org as an information resource regarding what's happening to our "abundant" food supply these days.

It ain't what you don't know that'll hurt you; it's what you do know, that ain't so. -- attrib. Mark Twain
reinsalkas
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:45:20 PM

Neurons: 11,678
Brian Hitchcock wrote:
A simpler definition would be "extreme abundance".

I like the closing phrase of the poster posted by reinsallas: "Without Cyclones or Buzzards". Actually, there were (and still are a few) California Condors in California, which, along with vultures, hawks and other raptors, could broadly be considered "buzzards" in the parlance of midwestern US farmers. But at least most of California does not experience "Blizzards"!

By the way, I highly recommend www.cornucopia.org as an information resource regarding what's happening to our "abundant" food supply these days.

But you are right it says blizzards!! check this http://4mules.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Cornucopia.jpg

I see that the l and i are to close so it seems to read buzzards Think

I can't wait until everyone in the world is rational, or until just enough are rational to make a difference.
Christine
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:55:52 PM

Neurons: 15,842
I thought it was a basket.

I am carrying my heart~I am carrying my rhythm~I am carrying my prayers~But you can't kill my spirit~It's soaring and strong (Paula Cole's Me Lyrics)***We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We ARE spirtual beings having a human experience.(T.deChardin)***There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. (Albert Einstein)

alanm9
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:56:46 PM

Neurons: 90,927
Thanks for the Albert Einstein quote. I have heard it but had not thought of it in a long time.
MTC
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:52:32 AM

Neurons: 8,606

If the horn of plenty depicted above were inverted and a hole drilled in the pointed end, with a little work we would have the makings of an opulent smoothie.

Miners of the Gold Rush preceded farmers of the Land Rush the poster encourages.