The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Magnet Danger Has Grown in US Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:00:00 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/7/2009
Posts: 28,793
Neurons: 85,557
Location: Inside Farlex computers
Magnet Danger Has Grown in US

There has been a dramatic uptick in the number of US kids ending up in the emergency room after swallowing magnets. In 2002, just one child in 200,000 went to the hospital for ingesting magnets, but by 2010, the incident rate had risen to six in 200,000. Ingesting multiple magnets or one magnet along with other metal objects can be deadly, as they can be drawn to one another within the body, even when separated by internal tissue. This can lead to pinching or even perforation of the tissue. More...
excaelis
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:31:45 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/30/2010
Posts: 10,981
Neurons: 32,652
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Kids are so stupid. If you swallow a magnet you have to tie fishing line to it. You're never gonna get that paper clip out without the fishing line, you silly bears.

Sanity is not statistical
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.