The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

9/11 Terrorist Attacks (2001) Options
Daemon
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 89,022
9/11 Terrorist Attacks (2001)

Twelve years ago today, members of the al-Qaeda terrorist network hijacked four commercial airplanes and crashed one of them into the Pentagon and two into the twin towers of the World Trade Center, killing about 3,000 people in a matter of hours. The last plane crashed in a rural field in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, after passengers attempted to overpower the hijackers. What is believed to have been that plane's intended target? More...
Christine
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:09:24 AM

Neurons: 15,842
Jo St
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:05:58 AM

Neurons: 3
I am sorry but I can't believe this version of the 9/11 events. They say the pentagon was hit by a passenger plane which has two massive engines but there was only one small hole in the wall. In addition we saw no debris of the supposed plane. What about the wreck of the plane in Pennsylvania?.Non-existant of course. In the history of plan crashes no building has collapsed due to the fire that the crash caused. It is evident that bombs were planted inside to cause the free fall of the towers. It was an inside job to make the American people support their imperialist government to invade Afghanistan and then Iraq, not to mention the war on Islam.
Christine
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:41:30 AM

Neurons: 15,842
Jo St wrote:
I am sorry but I can't believe this version of the 9/11 events. They say the pentagon was hit by a passenger plane which has two massive engines but there was only one small hole in the wall. In addition we saw no debris of the supposed plane. What about the wreck of the plane in Pennsylvania?.Non-existant of course. In the history of plan crashes no building has collapsed due to the fire that the crash caused. It is evident that bombs were planted inside to cause the free fall of the towers. It was an inside job to make the American people support their imperialist government to invade Afghanistan and then Iraq, not to mention the war on Islam.

You are very wrong!!

Shame on you.
RuthP
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:29:05 PM

Neurons: 87,618
Answering Jo St: I am sorry, too, because your lack of knowledge regarding physics in general, crash site analysis, and physical evidence from September 11, 2001 in specific is evident.

There were 2,977 victims who died.
2,606 victims died in the twin towers and surround, in New York City.

87 victims died on American Airlines flight 11, which struck the North Tower of the World Trade Center.

60 victims died on United Airlines flight 175, which struck the South Tower of the World Trade Center.

125 victims died in the Pentagon. Fifty-five victims were military personnel; the rest were civilians.

59 victims died on American Airlines flight 77, which crashed into the Pentagon.

40 victims died on United Airlines flight 93, which crashed outside Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

This thread honors these innocent lives lost.

None of the numbers above includes the hijackers, who deserve no honor.

Your post was inappropriate in this thread. If you wish to argue conspiracy theories, start a new thread. If you wish to argue the ethics and morality of the many religious conflicts around the world and who may or may not legitimately participate, start a new thread.
MTC
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:53:51 PM

Neurons: 8,606

9/11 is a day of national mourning in the United States in which we honor the many innocents slaughtered by terrorists twelve years ago. Conspiracy theorists like Jo St shift the spotlight away from where it should properly be to the looney fringes. They are as welcome as a demented clown at a wake.

Here is a link to the lengthy Wikipedia article on 9/11 conspiracy theories which includes links to studies debunking their spurious claims: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_conspiracy_theories

I hope saner minds will take a moment of silence to remember those who fell that day, many in heroic efforts to save others.

Tovarish
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:03:48 AM

Neurons: 39,933
St Jo, get your head of that really dark place that it resides in and stop being disrespectful.

On this day I am so sad for all who lost their lives and those who try and live without their family members lost in a futile religious statement.

Tovarish
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:04:02 AM

Neurons: 39,933
St Jo, get your head OUT of that really dark place that it resides in and stop being disrespectful.

On this day I am so sad for all who lost their lives and those who try and live without their family members lost in a futile religious statement.

Hope2
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:57:46 PM

Neurons: 16,769
JoSt,

Since this is post one for you, I am wondering if you are just trying to stir things up.

Your version is absolutely ridiculous. The United States does not need an excuse to attack anyone. And when they did want to make it look better in the eyes of the world, they had Saddam Hussein's behavior and called his Weapons of Mass Destruction bluff.

Perhaps you are suspicious because you live where a government might do that to its people. But here in the western world we do not use violence. We use words and democracy. Look at the reluctance of President Obama to use force right now over how to stop Syria from killing its people.

You have been reading too many conspiracy theories books. Or are spouting some brainwashing by your own government.

What war on Islam? Exactly what nationality and creed were/are the suicide destructionists? We are after terrorists, not peace loving Islamic folks.

We in the western world are all sad on the anniversary of the wanton destruction of human lives. There were Canadians there too, and I am sure citizens of other countries besides the United States were there as well.

So instead of conspiracy theories, get your head out of the sand and have some empathy and compassion for the mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, wives, husbands, and grandparents who will never get over the loss of their loved ones. It is bad enough to lose someone you love, but how you would ever get over the senseless murder of them because of jealousy, using fanatic religion as an excuse, is beyond my grasp.
excaelis
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:07:40 PM

Neurons: 32,652
[quote=Jo St]I am sorry but I can't believe this version of the 9/11 events. They say the pentagon was hit by a passenger plane which has two massive engines but there was only one small hole in the wall. In addition we saw no debris of the supposed plane. What about the wreck of the plane in Pennsylvania?.Non-existant of course. In the history of plan crashes no building has collapsed due to the fire that the crash caused. It is evident that bombs were planted inside to cause the free fall of the towers. It was an inside job to make the American people support their imperialist government to invade Afghanistan and then Iraq, not to mention the war on Islam.[/quote

Joe, you're entitled to your opinion no matter how ridiculous it may be.

1, The Pentagon plane hit the ground before it hit the building, so only pieces of it hit a very strong structure,

2. Have you ever seen the wreckage of a plane that hits the ground at full velocity ? It's bits. Planes collapse.

3. The Twin Towers collapsed because the internal fireproofing on the upper floors was blown off by the plane-bomb. Once the girders started melting the structure collapsed internally. ( talk to an engineer, dude )

4. I believe that, the last time I checked, Islam is the only world religion that issues death sentences against writers because it disagrees with their opinions.

5. Why am I wasting my time speaking to someone so ignorant, so uninformed, so arrogant ?

6. Peace to the families who lost loved ones in the attack.

7. Peace to everyone who has lost a son, father, mother, brother, sister in the ongoing slaughter over oil.
L.Rai
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 1:19:52 AM

Neurons: 1,499,414
Jo St:

It is obvious that you have a bias, however this is not the forum to express it. Please have a little respect for those of us who lived through this event and were eye witnesses to it. There were no explosions that morning only planes. Unless you were there then you can't know. Your comments remind me of people who have said that the Jewish holocaust didn't happen either. It's nice to live in a world of lies when the truth is so very difficult to comprehend.

I hope you will take your opinions elsewhere and allow those of us who have real facts to mourn our losses in peace.
L.Rai
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 1:56:30 AM

I find it interesting that the person Jo St joined this site today...hmmm Think I also find it interesting that there seems to be several strange posts on other topics today... Think It'd be nice if people with that much time on their hands could put it to better use!
ChristopherJohnson
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:37:12 AM

Neurons: 1,836,081
Very sad day for the civilized world. May the souls of all those who lost their lives on that day, rest in peace!
Tarikko
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:53:51 AM

Neurons: 30
How about you stop the BS?

9/11 was an inside job and all these "Terror" organizations are CIA/Mossad fronts.
LucOneOff
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:54:30 AM

Neurons: 696,826
What a huge tragedy and what a waste of lives, I just hope human kind will be strong enough to get over this horrible manifestations of rage and violence, I was twelve years younger and I was studing for an university test, I think I'll never forget the images of that day. What was happening, was unbelievable and even if I was not directly connected to those poor people I just felt a huge pain in my chest. Never felt, or just other fews times, something like that. I do not like to judge, but yeh, for me the eleventh of september from now on will always be a sad day and a mourn day, than no space for other kind of theories.
Tarikko
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:56:13 AM

Anyone who disagrees with the official version is either, or a combination of:

- Unpatriotic

- Traitor

- Conspiracy Nut

- Low IQ

- Supporting Terrorists...

And the list goes on... Same Tactic USSR and Nazi Germany used to keep dissenters in check.

Tarikko
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:03:29 AM

1) Nano Thermite was found in the dust at Ground Zero. Peer reviewed in the Bentham Open Chemical Physics Journal. ‘Niels Harrit’, ‘Thermite Bentham’, “The great thermate debate” Jon Cole, ‘Iron rich spheres’ Steven Jones, ‘Limited Metallurgical Examination (FEMA C-13, Appendix C-6)’. ‘Nano Tubes’

2) 1700+ Engineers and Architects support a real independent 9/11 investigation. Richard Gage, Founder. ‘Explosive Evidence’, ‘Blueprint for Truth’, ‘AE911′, ‘Toronto Hearings’, ‘Kevin Ryan’.

3) The total collapse of WTC 7 in 6.5 seconds at free fall acceleration (NIST admits 2.25 seconds). Larry Silverstein used the term “Pull it”. Steel framed high rise buildings have NEVER totally collapsed from fire or structural damage. Builidng 7 was not hit by a plane. ‘Building 7′, ‘WTC 7′.

4) Dick Cheney was in command of NORAD on 9/11 while running war games. ‘Stand down order’. “Of course the orders still stand, have you heard anything to the contrary?”. Norman Minetta testimony. “Gave order to shootdown Flight 93.”, ‘NORAD Drills’.

5) 6 out of the 10 Commissioners believe the 9/11 Commission report was “Setup to fail” Co-Chairs Hamilton and Kean, “It was a 30 year conspiracy”, “The whitehouse has played cover up”, ‘Max Cleland resigned’, ‘John Farmer’.

6) FBI confiscated 84/85 Videos from the Pentagon. ‘Moussaoui trial’ revealed these videos. Released Pentagon Security Camera (FOIA) does not show a 757 and is clearly Missing a frame. ‘Sheraton Hotel’, “Double tree’, ‘Citgo”.

7) Osama Bin Laden was NOT wanted by the FBI for the 9/11 attacks. “No hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.” CIA created, trained and funded “Al Qaeda/Taliban” during the Mujahideen. OBL was a CIA asset named ‘Tim Osman’. OBL Reported dead in Dec 2001 (FOX).

8) 100′s of Firefighters and witness testimony to BOMBS/EXPLOSIONS ignored by the 9/11 Commission Report. 9/11 Commission Report bars 503 1st responder eyewitnesses. “Explosions in the lobby and sub levels”, ‘Firefighter explosions’, ‘Barry Jennings’, ‘William Rodriguez’.

9) 100′s of firefighters and witness testimony to MOLTEN METAL ignored by the Commission report. “Like you’re in a foundry”, “NIST’s John Gross denies the existence of Molten Metal”, ‘Swiss Cheese’, “As of 21 days after the attack, the fires were still burning and molten steel was still running.” Leslie Robertson’.

10) ’5 Dancing Israeli’s’ arrested in ‘Mossad Truck Bombs’ on 9/11 that stated “We were there to document the event.” ‘Urban Moving Systems’ front company, ‘Dominic Suter’. “$498,750 Business loan (June 2001)”. “Officer DeCarlo’, ‘Art Students’, ‘Israeli Spying’.

11) On September 10th, 2001. Rumsfeld reported $2.3 TRILLION missing from the Pentagon. ‘Dov Zakheim’ Pentagon Comptroller. Former VP of ‘Systems Planning Corporation’ (Flight Termination System). Signatore of PNAC document.

12) 220+ Senior Military, Intelligence Service, Law Enforcement, and Government Officials question the official story. ’9/11 Whistleblowers’, ‘Patriots for 9/11′. ‘Robert Bowman’, ‘Sibel Edmonds’, ‘Albert Stubblebine’, ‘Wesley Clark’, ‘Mark Dayton’, ‘Alan Sabrosky’, ‘Cyntha McKinney’, ‘Jesse Ventura’, ‘Kurt Sonnenfeld’. “patriotsquestion911.com”
pedro
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:22:14 AM

Neurons: 63,022
Tarikko, you remind me of Bobby Fischer. That is not a compliment.
Shivanand
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 5:17:53 AM

Neurons: 229,316
@ Tarikko & Jo St, it is unfortunate that you chose to rub salt into the wounds by disputing the collective wisdom of the entire humanity! This is nothing but fishing in troubled waters! Brick wall Brick wall

Cheers!
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:19:35 AM

Neurons: 2,590,862
People died it was a tragedy. People have died in terrorist attacks all over the world, people are dying today needlessly due to oppression, terrorism & war.
Too many people die needless deaths.
Let's remember the dead & learn from past mistakes.

Shhh
L.Rai
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:37:39 AM

I find it amazing that we are even bothering to argue with someone who came onto this site today just to stir a pot. Not worth my time.... Shame on you
MechPebbles
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:33:55 AM

Neurons: 226,313
NeuroticHellFem wrote:
People died it was a tragedy. People have died in terrorist attacks all over the world, people are dying today needlessly due to oppression, terrorism & war.

Shhh

What past mistakes, NeuroticHellFem? The only "mistakes" here are those of the religious fanatics and they are just too stupid to ever learn.
MechPebbles
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:43:41 AM

Neurons: 226,313
Hope2 wrote:
JoSt,

So instead of conspiracy theories, get your head out of the sand and have some empathy and compassion for the mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, wives, husbands, and grandparents who will never get over the loss of their loved ones. It is bad enough to lose someone you love, but how you would ever get over the senseless murder of them because of jealousy, using fanatic religion as an excuse, is beyond my grasp.

Sorry, Hope2, but you should know better than to offer advice to such people. The only compassion and empathy they have is reserved for their own co-religionists. Everyone else is their enemy and out to get them.
TB Turtle
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 10:25:12 AM

Neurons: 4,068,781
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 10:43:55 AM

Neurons: 2,590,862
MechPebbles wrote:
NeuroticHellFem wrote:

Shhh

What past mistakes, NeuroticHellFem? The only "mistakes" here are those of the religious fanatics and they are just too stupid to ever learn.

I didn't want to be too specific. I didn't want to attract the wrath of the crazies.
- The suspension of rights & transport of suspects to Guantanamo Bay so that torture techniques like waterboarding wouldn't occur on American soil. Suspects kept for years without trial, some in time found to have been innocent.
- The civilian deaths as a result of American vengeance, at a rate of hundreds of thousands.
- Saddam Hussein, admittedly not a nice guy, was not behind these attacks, nor was he harbouring terrorists. Refusal to wait for report from UN on weapons of mass destruction. What weapons of mass destruction? There were none!
- Bullying allies into marching into foreign countries without proof. (Yes, Australian forces went along too!)
- CIA blunders.
- IraQ or IraN? Can't tell the difference.
Oh crap, I didn't want to invite the crazies to join in. Have I said too much?

The terrorist attacks were terrible. I don't want to deny that. I don't want to stir up trouble, which is why I kept my initial post brief & nonspecific. My brevity means that my post was cryptic. I wanted to point out the terrible crimes which have occurred since these attacks, & the mistakes made by governments (note the deliberate plural! my country's government too!). The innocents who have died or suffered torture in the name of justice over the terrorist attacks deserve remembering too. So many mistakes have been made. I hope we (the voters & our governments) learn from these mistakes.

I've been seriously deliberating whether to delete this post or not. I hope the post is read as intended: a remembrance of the tragedy & loss of life, plus the hope that we learn from these mistakes.

TB Turtle
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 10:46:56 AM

Neurons: 4,068,781
Who now living will ever forget 9/11? A basket ball star was big news in America that morning. My husband came into the room & said, "you know its a slow news day if he is all they are talking about". An hour later I was calling to tell him of the plane accidentally hitting the 1st Trade Tower. While still on the phone with him the 2nd Tower was hit. His response: "we are under attack, we are at war". Unfortunately, he was right. Due to self-righteous zealots the world in which we live will not be at peace for many generations.

Hug your loved ones daily. Do all you can to broker a peace in your community & pray it spreads around the world. God bless all those lost, all those left behind, & please no one forget the brave souls who ran into those bombed, burning buildings to rescue the trapped & dying.
MelissaMe
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 10:55:03 AM

Neurons: 347,528
Wasn't 2001 actually 13 years ago?

I saw it all, live, on television. My brother and his wife were only blocks away. It was horrible. Horrifying. Terrifying.
MelissaMe
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 11:01:33 AM

Neurons: 347,528
NeuroticHellFem wrote:
MechPebbles wrote:
NeuroticHellFem wrote:

Shhh

I didn't want to be too specific. I didn't want to attract the wrath of the crazies.
- The suspension of rights & transport of suspects to Guantanamo Bay so that torture techniques like waterboarding wouldn't occur on American soil. Suspects kept for years without trial, some in time found to have been innocent.
- The civilian deaths as a result of American vengeance, at a rate of hundreds of thousands.
- Saddam Hussein, admittedly not a nice guy, was not behind these attacks, nor was he harbouring terrorists. Refusal to wait for report from UN on weapons of mass destruction. What weapons of mass destruction? There were none!
- Bullying allies into marching into foreign countries without proof. (Yes, Australian forces went along too!)
- CIA blunders.

The terrorist attacks were terrible. I don't want to deny that. I don't want to stir up trouble, which is why I kept my initial post brief & nonspecific. My brevity means that my post was cryptic. I wanted to point out the terrible crimes which have occurred since these attacks, & the mistakes made by governments (note the deliberate plural! my country's government too!). The innocents who have died or suffered torture in the name of justice over the terrorist attacks deserve remembering too. So many mistakes have been made. I hope we (the voters & our governments) learn from these mistakes.

I've been seriously deliberating whether to delete this post or not. I hope the post is read as intended: a remembrance of the tragedy & loss of life, plus the hope that we learn from these mistakes.

Applause I'm glad you said what I've been thinking since I first saw the topic. Thank you.

And we can learn all there is to learn from these terrible mistakes; until our governments become accountable to the citizens . . . we, the people, will continue to suffer.
KenO
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:49:45 PM

Neurons: 580,466
NeuroticHellFem wrote:
MechPebbles wrote:
NeuroticHellFem wrote:

Shhh

- CIA blunders.

I think you nailed it NHF. Probably the most informed, cogent post on this topic.
S. Miranda-Hess
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 2:10:41 PM

Neurons: 42,315
I was at school when it happened and I thought it was weird that we stopped class to watch TV. It didn't seem real to me. I didn't fully understand what was going on until a little later.
Milica Boghunovich
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:21:10 PM

Neurons: 151,873
Pray The Higher Power sees everything, and knows the truth! There was a lot of hate, greed, and politics in this! Definitely, no godliness, humility and compassion. Blaming each other, lying, and kindling the hatred won't make a better world. "Who is the first to throw the stone?"
monamagda
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 5:05:23 PM

Neurons: 5,915,557
THE MOST SAD DAY IN HISTORY

Mackleg
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 10:12:21 PM

Neurons: 18
Human beings, lol they are so hard on each other. It's funny to watch them destroy themselves, lmbo. Wait till they meet me,
nkelsey
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 10:28:33 PM

Neurons: 192,145
Shame on you
Tarikko wrote:
How about you stop the BS?

9/11 was an inside job and all these "Terror" organizations are CIA/Mossad fronts.
Corner of Josh
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 11:56:18 PM

Neurons: 37,558
The most comprehensive threat to humanity today is Islam.