The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

That was a memorable day to me, for it made great changes in me. But, it is the same with any life. Imagine one selected day... Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 86,253
That was a memorable day to me, for it made great changes in me. But, it is the same with any life. Imagine one selected day struck out of it, and think how different its course would have been.

Charles Dickens (1812-1870)
Bully_rus
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:30:18 AM

Neurons: 254,408
As true as it is... Not a lucky strike days form our life, but continuity of bad, common and good days. Long live the whoever!
kamilion
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:23:40 AM

Neurons: 488
Would be so great if we never had to regret any of our past days when did not do the right thing. Unfortunately only gifted ones can define what's right in the very moment.

De omnibus dubitandum est.
MTC
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:35:48 AM

Neurons: 8,606

Bully_rus wrote:
As true as it is... Not a lucky strike days form our life, but continuity of bad, common and good days. Long live the whoever!

Could not have said it better myself. Let's see now, "a lucky strike days?" Good day for a smoke, perhaps? Nice metaphor, anyway. The "continuity of bad, common and good days." You're onto something with that. One of those universals of human existence, right? We cannot separate the good from the bad days. They are inseparably concatenated in a causal chain. Something along those lines... And then the clincher, tieing it all together if there were any doubt--"Long live the whoever!" That pretty much covers it, doesn't it? Clear as a mountain spring on a sunny day. Thanks.

Moving right along, a movie classic, Lost Weekend, examins the effect of two days lost in a demented alcoholic stupor. Check it out sometime. That's as close as I can come.

pedro
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:00:09 AM

Neurons: 63,022
MTC wrote:

Bully_rus wrote:

Moving right along, a movie classic, Lost Weekend, examins the effect of two days lost in a demented alcoholic stupor. Check it out sometime. That's as close as I can come.

I remember the film. It took an overly long time for the hero to realise why all the pawn shops were shut. He vowed to give up the booze and become a great writer but as there was no follow-up film I assume he relapsed.

Re the quote, the same could be said of the hours, minutes and sometimes seconds that determine the course of one's life.

All good ideas arrive by chance- Max Ernst
Bully_rus
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:58:40 PM

Neurons: 254,408
to MTC

Much appreciate your clue - The Lost Weekend, sir. Thanx.