The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Have you ever had a difference with a dear friend? How his letters, written in the period of love and confidence, sicken and... Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 77,169
Have you ever had a difference with a dear friend? How his letters, written in the period of love and confidence, sicken and rebuke you! What a dreary mourning it is to dwell upon those vehement protests of dead affection!

William Makepeace Thackeray (1811-1863)
Bully_rus
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 12:44:41 AM

Neurons: 197,023
Who knows? Nowadays perhaps only Elizabeth Alexandra Mary receives letters! Does somebody know her address?
Bully_rus
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 3:52:37 AM

Neurons: 197,023
Daemon wrote:
What a dreary mourning it is to dwell upon those vehement protests of dead affection!

Be comforted: too much passion in friendship needless, at least. Lay all your love upon the proper subjects, boy.
dusty
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 9:27:31 PM

Neurons: 5,755
I wonder how these viewpoints look in regards to affection from the dead, as in deads' affection as opposed to halted affection or affection that comes to an end or the end, or the beginning for that matter (like apostrophe's in biblical text)

I realize that was sort of a D-criped thought, lo siento mucho *COUGH* excuse me, decrepit

To be concerned of the fate of the world is not bad, but bearing false witness is to not be