The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Merry Christmas for everyong! Options
Ivy Liu
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 7:07:14 AM

Neurons: 127
♥♥Merry Christmas for everyong! Especially for those who answer my question so quickly♥♥ .
♥♥I must express my thankfulness in here .♥♥
♥♥Thanks very much! And Merry Christmas!(圣诞快乐)♥♥

TFD is my first choices when I had some questions about English language. Because there are so many enthusiastic friends who answer my questions so quickly. It helps me a lot. Thanks very much. 非常感谢!
ezfreemann
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 9:52:16 AM

Neurons: 26
thank you, but not "everyong" is christian.

a man with a watch knows what time it is....a man with two watches is never sure....
RuthP
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 11:19:37 AM

Neurons: 57,329
Hi nihaoivyliu

Thank you for your good wishes of the season! I wish you happy holidays and a very good new year.

Ruth
FounDit
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 12:24:54 PM

Neurons: 51,343
nihao ivyliu,

Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes. I wish you all the best in the coming year.

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
thar
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 2:18:51 PM

Neurons: 73,042
thank you for the good wishes, nihaoivyliu

(don't mind the grump, non-Christians can have a good Christmas too, no law against that!)

wishing you a good year to come. Dancing
Briton
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 5:43:31 PM

Neurons: 16,440
I echo the the Christmas wishes to nihaoivyliu, and extend them to all who post on this forum.
srirr
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 2:12:02 AM

Neurons: 289,477
Merry Christmas to you all!

We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. ~ Swami Vivekanand
Epiphileon
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 6:26:02 AM

Neurons: 87,969
Merry Christmas Nihaoivyliu and all, it is an amazing concept, no matter what you believe.

Question authority. How do you know, that you know, what you know?
Helios
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:53:05 AM

Neurons: 163
Merry Christmas to you all!
uuaschbaer
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 8:21:27 AM

Neurons: 6,180
Merry Christmas everylovely!

Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 1:52:29 PM

Neurons: 418,543
The Declaration of Christmas Peace has been a tradition in Finland from the Middle Ages every year, except in 1939 due to the Winter War. It is a custom in many towns and cities.

The most famous one of these declarations is on the Old Great Square of Turku, the former capital of Finland, at noon on Christmas Eve. It is broadcast on Finnish radio (since 1935) and television, and nowadays also in some foreign countries. The declaration ceremony begins with the hymn Jumala ompi linnamme (Martin Luther's A Mighty Fortress Is Our God) and continues with the Declaration of Christmas Peace read from a parchment roll:

"Tomorrow, God willing, is the most gracious feast of the birth of our Lord and Saviour, and therefore a general Christmas peace is hereby declared, and all persons are directed to observe this holiday with due reverence and otherwise quietly and peacefully to conduct themselves, for whosoever breaks this peace and disturbs the Christmas holiday by any unlawful or improper conduct shall be liable, under aggravating circumstances, to whatever penalty is prescribed by law and decree for each particular offence or misdemeanour. Finally, all citizens are wished a joyous Christmas holiday."

The Ceremony ends with trumpets playing the Finnish national anthem Maamme and Porilaisten marssi, with the crowd usually singing when the band plays Maamme.

Recently, there is also a declaration of Christmas peace for forest animals in many cities and municipalities, so there is no hunting during Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS or HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Go in peace.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.