The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Greetings from Turkey Options
Sefa
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:19:01 AM

Neurons: 18
First of all this website is very useful and handy for the people who wants to improve their english. I've been using it for 3 months but i had no info about forums before thats why i've just signed up. Anyone who needs something in Turkish language or maybe translation, just feel free to poke me. I'll be glad helping you if i able to.. Special thanks to creators of this website and people who add some tips for newbies

Luftmarque
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 4:48:02 PM

Neurons: 11,610
Welcome Sefa--As you may have noticed, there are a couple of "advanced" Turkish-speaking posters in the English forum and your postings will be welcome there. I have an interest in things Turkish (my 13-yr old son has lived north of Istanbul in Demircikoy for the past 2 years & I visit him there once or twice a year--although he & his mother will be moving to Cairo in the Fall so this Summer will be my last trip to Istanbul at least for a while) especially in Turkish Calligraphy, which I am attempting to learn to do on my own--not an easy thing!

}- Luftmarque لوفتمارك -{ Le doute n'est pas une condition agréable, mais la certitude est absurde.—Voltaire
Alpocalypse
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 6:16:26 PM

Neurons: 3
Luftmarque wrote:
Welcome Sefa--As you may have noticed, there are a couple of "advanced" Turkish-speaking posters in the English forum and your postings will be welcome there. I have an interest in things Turkish (my 13-yr old son has lived north of Istanbul in Demircikoy for the past 2 years & I visit him there once or twice a year--although he & his mother will be moving to Cairo in the Fall so this Summer will be my last trip to Istanbul at least for a while) especially in Turkish Calligraphy, which I am attempting to learn to do on my own--not an easy thing!

Where are those posters you are talking about? I had a quick glance at the English forum but it seems it would take ages to find it Dancing
Luftmarque
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:53:13 PM

Where are those posters you are talking about? I had a quick glance at the English forum but it seems it would take ages to find it Dancing[/quote]

mustabir is the one I've seen the most posts from, but I know there was another Turkish-speaking poster, if I run across him/her again I'll let you know. You can click the Members link to see what posts various members have made--the number of members is growing rapidly, though.

}- Luftmarque لوفتمارك -{ Le doute n'est pas une condition agréable, mais la certitude est absurde.—Voltaire
Luftmarque
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:20:58 PM

Luftmarque wrote:
Where are those posters you are talking about? I had a quick glance at the English forum but it seems it would take ages to find it Dancing

mustabir is the one I've seen the most posts from, but I know there was another Turkish-speaking poster, if I run across him/her again I'll let you know. You can click the Members link to see what posts various members have made--the number of members is growing rapidly, though.
Volcano is the other Turkish speaker I've seen on the forum.[/quote]

promete
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 1:39:06 PM

Neurons: 3
Hey! I'm from Turkey also. =)
I want to improve english. I think this site will be helpfull for me. :)
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:24:41 PM

Neurons: 7,777
promete wrote:
Hey! I'm from Turkey also. =)
I want to improve english. I think this site will be helpfull for me. :)

helpful :)

Gotcha, bud, again