The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Praise the Lord, my dog is a Catholic... Options
Ms. B. Have
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 10:47:28 AM

Neurons: 686
What do you think – do dogs have soul and do they go to heaven?

Read and have fun

But what if my dog is a sinner?

Perception selects, and makes the world we see.
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 1:32:31 PM

Neurons: 341,278
Ms. B. Have wrote:
What do you think – do dogs have soul and do they go to heaven?

Read and have fun

But what if my dog is a sinner?

Then it will spend eternity in Barking. - Paws for thought. Just in case you are serious Ms.B.Have, animals, I feel sure, do not have souls anymore than trees and flowers. Dogs were not made for heaven, but mankind was. And all men are sinners. They can only get to Heaven by accepting Christ as their Lord and Saviour. Dogs can't do that. They were never meant to.

I remember, therefore I am.
Ms. B. Have
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:43:47 PM

jacobusmaximus wrote:
Just in case you are serious Ms.B.Have.....

If God created the world in only six days, and all the life in this creation is his work, then how can you believe that he made heaven so small that it can only give shelter to a fistful of human beings who accepted Christ as their Lord and Saviour, while the rest of all that beautiful life is wasted for eternity? I'm glad your God is not mine. My God, if I may call her mine, created all life for eternity and she will not allow it that even the slightest partical of that life will get lost and not return to her. And do not think that I am waffling because I do not know Gods word or that I'm not serious about this subject, sir, I take it that serious that I've studied theology for over six years on university and still have two or three different copies of Gods word on my desk.

percivalpecksniff
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:47:11 PM

Neurons: 3,404
The Hebrew word for soul is Nepesh and simply means life. All living creatures are souls, they do not possess a soul... they are a soul. There are many scriptures that speak of souls being killed by the edge of the sword in battle... and of the soul delighting in knowledge and food etc.

Man himself uses S.O.S save our souls, our lives... when in peril on the sea. Pick up any Catholic encyclopaedia on the scriptures, and it will tell you that all living creatures are souls. I am not a Catholic but the same encyclopaedia will tell you Christmas is a falsehood and that Jesus was born on October,and also that the trinity and the immortal soul are post early Christianity.

Death is non-existence and relies on a resurrection at some point in the future, or a recreation.

Ecclesiastes 9:5

American Standard Version (ASV)

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle
rogermue
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:49:29 PM

Neurons: 34,900
Thanks for the funny discussion on the churchyard.
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2012 4:07:53 PM

Ms. B. Have wrote:
jacobusmaximus wrote:
Just in case you are serious Ms.B.Have.....

If God created the world in only six days, and all the life in this creation is his work, then how can you believe that he made heaven so small that it can only give shelter to a fistful of human beings who accepted Christ as their Lord and Saviour, while the rest of all that beautiful life is wasted for eternity? I'm glad your God is not mine. My God, if I may call her mine, created all life for eternity and she will not allow it that even the slightest partical of that life will get lost and not return to her. And do not think that I am waffling because I do not know Gods word or that I'm not serious about this subject, sir, I take it that serious that I've studied theology for over six years on university and still have two or three different copies of Gods word on my desk.

If you don't know whether or not you can call God 'yours', then you can't. And from which of your 2 or 3 copies of God's word on your desk did you learn that God is a 'she'?

Ms. B. Have
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2012 5:43:31 PM

jacobusmaximus wrote:
If you don't know whether or not you can call God 'yours', then you can't.

Indeed, God isn't a thing we can possess, she can never be mine or dine, we are not the owners of our Gods and we cannot trade them.

jacobusmaximus wrote:
And from which of your 2 or 3 copies of God's word on your desk did you learn that God is a 'she'?

Exodus 20:4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.”

Leviticus 26:1 "Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.”

Deuteronomy 4:15-16 “Take therefore good heed unto yourselves; for you saw no manner of form on the day that the LORD spoke unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire: Lest you corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female,

Deuteronomy 4:23 “Be careful not to forget the covenant of the LORD your God that he made with you; do not make for yourselves an idol in the form of anything the LORD your God has forbidden.”

Deuteronomy 5:8 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

Romans 1:23
“and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.”

For me personally, there is no difference between an image of God carved in a stone or cut out of wood, or an image of God carved in my mind, they are all idols, and I do not worship an idol. So for me God is neither a man nor a woman. That's why when I talk or write about God in a personal way, I use both the male as well as the female pronoun. And if I say "I'm glad your God is not mine" I am saying that I'm glad that I did not create and worship such an image of God.

jacobusmaximus
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:14:14 AM

Ms. B. Have wrote:
jacobusmaximus wrote:
If you don't know whether or not you can call God 'yours', then you can't.

Indeed, God isn't a thing we can possess, she can never be mine or dine, we are not the owners of our Gods and we cannot trade them.

jacobusmaximus wrote:
And from which of your 2 or 3 copies of God's word on your desk did you learn that God is a 'she'?

Exodus 20:4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.”

Leviticus 26:1 "Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.”

Deuteronomy 4:15-16 “Take therefore good heed unto yourselves; for you saw no manner of form on the day that the LORD spoke unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire: Lest you corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female,

Deuteronomy 4:23 “Be careful not to forget the covenant of the LORD your God that he made with you; do not make for yourselves an idol in the form of anything the LORD your God has forbidden.”

Deuteronomy 5:8 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

Romans 1:23
“and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.”

For me personally, there is no difference between an image of God carved in a stone or cut out of wood, or an image of God carved in my mind, they are all idols, and I do not worship an idol. So for me God is neither a man nor a woman. That's why when I talk or write about God in a personal way, I use both the male as well as the female pronoun. And if I say "I'm glad your God is not mine" I am saying that I'm glad that I did not create and worship such an image of God.

Right. I can see clearly where you are coming from now.

Ms. B. Have
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:36:45 AM

jacobusmaximus wrote:
Right. I can see clearly where you are coming from now.

I feel highly esteemed, dear brother.

almostfreebird
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:15:47 PM

Neurons: 7,024

Dogs would have soul too, if any human has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_50_pGidmoE&feature=related

Cat people have soul too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-gku3bkFl0

And I guess I may have soul too, God only knows, and nobody knows what God is.

jacobusmaximus
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:37:21 PM

almostfreebird wrote:

Dogs would have soul too, if any human has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_50_pGidmoE&feature=related

Cat people have soul too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-gku3bkFl0

And I guess I may have soul too, God only knows, and nobody knows what God is.

These links combine to produce an excellent montage of drama, art and fantasy. They have nothing to do with the spiritual world of God. They entertain, but they do not edify. They are a sample of the world of escapism into which so many people today are retreating rather than face up to the existence and the nature of God.
You are a soul, almostfreebird. All humans are made in the image of God and are souls. All other forms of life are without souls. Men and women have told me that if their beloved pet is not going to be in heaven then they don't want to be there either. They say that a God who would separate them forever from their faithful, loving companion is a cruel God and they would have nothing to do with him. They have installed themselves in a world of fantasy, believing only what turns them on, ignoring the truths that do not fall into their lap with ease. Their souls will spend an eternity separated from God, yet within sight of heaven. There are millions of people who know God for what he is. He is the God and Father of Christ Jesus who is the Way, the Life and the Truth. Only by claiming Him as Saviour and making him Lord of your life can you enter the Kingdom of God. Dogs, cats, and people who worship dogs and cats cannot enter the Kingdom of God.

Ms. B. Have
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:23:14 PM

I am convinced maximus, humans are made in the image of God, God is a man, so he only created Adam. When Adam became lonely because he made a caboodle of his paradise and his socks smelt better than the best cheese of France, he cried for help and God took one of Adams ribs, and as you know ribs have no soul, he changed that rib into a arduous housewife without a soul of her own. (Genesis 2: 20-23)

Am I not serious or crazy or do I not use my own brains, or maybe worse: I belong to the wrong church?
Read these words of a true “Creation Scientist”:

Quote:
Dr. Jonathan Edwards, announced findings related to his research into the female soul. "The absence of either salvation or condemnation for women finds extensive support in the Word of God." He reported. "Jesus said that the sole reason God created women in the first place was to provide company and service to men (1 Corinthians 11:9), God determined that men would be lonely living alone, so he created women purely to keep men company and serve their needs (Genesis 2:18-22). Women are therefore completely subordinate to men (1 Corinthians 11:3). It stands to reason, though, that once men enter the Kingdom of Heaven, they will be one with God, and will no longer be lonely and in need of mortal companionship. Thus, the reason behind having women will no longer exist. Women, like the members of the animal kingdom, will fall by the wayside.

Some of the women present to hear the report were visibly shaken. A teary eyed Sister Taffy Crockett said through choked sobs, "I've heard of colored women not having souls... but me? NO! This is outrageous!"
"

Do I have to believe these idiots only because they pretend that they understand the scriptures better than I do? Do all women now have to become like poor Ona Mae Moffet and start to lamentate over the lost of their soul they never had?

No, because there is still hope! Read:

Pastor did have some comforting words for the ladies of Landover. "I personally want to assure all female members of this church that until we examine Dr. Edwards' research to our complete satisfaction, consider yourselves saved until further notice."

Please jacobusmaximus, do not let yourself be brainwashed by this kind of rattle-brain's, and find out what Jezus of Nazareth really told his disciples.

jacobusmaximus
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:50:37 AM

I think you need to review your signature Ms. B.

Ms. B. Have
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 4:19:33 AM

Your wish is my command, brother.

GabhSigenod
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:49:56 AM

Neurons: 149,736
No offense to anyone on this forum, but I know several Catholics who are dogs.

Mise, tá mé lán de dea-fhortún.
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:23:30 AM

GabhSigenod wrote:
No offense to anyone on this forum, but I know several Catholics who are dogs.

It must be next to impossible not to offend anyone on this forum with a statement like that Gabby, but then you know that, don't you?

Ms. B. Have
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:38:19 AM

jacobusmaximus wrote:
It must be next to impossible not to offend anyone on this forum with a statement like that Gabby, but then you know that, don't you?

Than maybe for those who feel offended, it can be a good exercise of humility to contemplate why they feel offended.

jacobusmaximus
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:48:56 AM

Ms. B. Have wrote:
jacobusmaximus wrote:

Than maybe for those who feel offended, it can be a good exercise of humility to contemplate why they feel offended.

I feel offended because a fellow Freedelphian should speak about his fellow man like that.

pedro
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:50:30 AM

Neurons: 58,642
Hell hath no fury like an ex-Catholic.

Incidentally there is a link to the history of socks below, significantly without any reference to their laundering.

http://www.crofters.org/personal%20essays/history%20socks.htm

All good ideas arrive by chance- Max Ernst
Ms. B. Have
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:20:28 AM

jacobusmaximus wrote:
I feel offended because a fellow Freedelphian should speak about his fellow man like that.

I respect your feelings, but nevertheless, proud will not enlighten your soul or pay you a ticket to where ever you hope to be hereafter. Everyone is free to speak and responsible for his own words, and sometimes an offence can cure more than a compliment. Jesus healed blind eyes with mud, not with gold.

You may call me every name you want; if you do not speak seriously I take it as a joke, if you really mean it I will accept it as a present.

Thanks for your socks Pedro!

pedro
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:43:40 AM

You're welcome Mrs. B. Have

jacobusmaximus
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:13:42 AM

Ms. B. Have '"... Everyone is free to speak and responsible for his own words, and sometimes an offence can cure more than a compliment..."

Is that so? It didn't seem like it to me when I mis-spelt your name. You were like a spitting cat. Incidentally, I am not now and never was a Catholic.

pedro
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:25:52 AM

I was

Ms. B. Have
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:05:34 PM

Dear Jacobusmaximus

Did I act like a spitting cat when we first met? Wow, than that was the animal in me, please forgive her when she scratched you, sometimes she doesn't know what she is doing. Of course I do not feel offended if you call me “Msbehave” or “Misbehave” if you want, because that is the sound and soul of that name I've chosen, which is not my real name, but in the eyes of law-minded people sometimes my real behaviour. I only wanted you to know on that first blind date we had on this forum, that there was no need to mis-spel my name, because I was at that particular moment really serious and not misbehaving (at least not in my own eyes).

But tell you what, I was baptised Catholic, was educated on Catholic schools, studied theology on a Catholic university and be surprised; I spent two years of my beautiful young life as a novice in a Catholic monastery, one of the order of Saint Dominicus. Many loved and respected friends of me are practising Catholics and sometimes I still share bread and wine with them during Mass. But I do not call myself a Catholic anymore since I witnessed, deep down in my heart, that I do belong to another family of Christians. A two-thousand year old family who in the spirit of our blessed teacher (as we humbly believe it is), never build churches, never founded hierarchical institutions in the name of Christ, never made laws for others to obey, and never proclaimed a dogma. And that's why I can't call myself a Roman Catholic anymore, because I know that the next inquisition to come, I will be the first one to climb upon my stake while the Pope himself will climb down his ivory tower to light my fire. And so I have some proud left in me, I will die proudly because I know that none of my spiritual brethren and sisters in history were ashamed when they climbed their stakes. Now you know, my beloved Jacobusmaximus, where I come from and where I'll go. Accipe signaculum doni Spiritus Sancti.

Be

SilvatungdaViel
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:34:19 PM

Neurons: 733
Hope1
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:15:47 PM

Neurons: 3,352
These photo shopped pix are hilarious.

I can not imagine a heaven with no dogs, no trees, no cats, no flowers, no birds, no butterflies, no fish, no colors, no bugs, no animals, no rocks, no oceans, no art, no music, no books, no iPads, no food, no Baileys (for those who can have it), and NO CHOCOLATE.

Guess maybe I am already in heaven!

Edit : Posted by Teluu is listed beneath the pix. I wonder if it is our Teluu. (TeluuDailies.)

Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts. Bernard M. Baruch 1870-1965
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:18:18 PM

Ms. B. Have wrote:
Dear Jacobusmaximus

Did I act like a spitting cat when we first met? Wow, than that was the animal in me, please forgive her when she scratched you, sometimes she doesn't know what she is doing. Of course I do not feel offended if you call me “Msbehave” or “Misbehave” if you want, because that is the sound and soul of that name I've chosen, which is not my real name, but in the eyes of law-minded people sometimes my real behaviour. I only wanted you to know on that first blind date we had on this forum, that there was no need to mis-spel my name, because I was at that particular moment really serious and not misbehaving (at least not in my own eyes).

But tell you what, I was baptised Catholic, was educated on Catholic schools, studied theology on a Catholic university and be surprised; I spent two years of my beautiful young life as a novice in a Catholic monastery, one of the order of Saint Dominicus. Many loved and respected friends of me are practising Catholics and sometimes I still share bread and wine with them during Mass. But I do not call myself a Catholic anymore since I witnessed, deep down in my heart, that I do belong to another family of Christians. A two-thousand year old family who in the spirit of our blessed teacher (as we humbly believe it is), never build churches, never founded hierarchical institutions in the name of Christ, never made laws for others to obey, and never proclaimed a dogma. And that's why I can't call myself a Roman Catholic anymore, because I know that the next inquisition to come, I will be the first one to climb upon my stake while the Pope himself will climb down his ivory tower to light my fire. And so I have some proud left in me, I will die proudly because I know that none of my spiritual brethren and sisters in history were ashamed when they climbed their stakes. Now you know, my beloved Jacobusmaximus, where I come from and where I'll go. Accipe signaculum doni Spiritus SanctiBe

Dear Ms.B.Have,
I was quite taken aback by the fullness and sincerity of your reply. You reveal yourself to be earnest and truthful but sceptical, bordering in the cynical. And yet you are a determined fighter in matters of the Spirit of God.
Many of us in the family of God are troubled by the shortcomings of the established Churches. For the most part we suffer in silence and continue in serving God, often because we don't want to rock the boat. You have chosen to follow your heart (or to be led by the Spirit actually), and to take a closer walk with God within a Fellowship that values personal worth over the observance of Church structures. I have no doubt you will find peace and blessing due to your dedication and sacrifice (so something of Dominicus has rubbed off on you).
Yet the Christian family did not become a billion strong because of its weaknesses. The Church, of which Christ is the Head, is transforming society from ruthless tribalism, where only the fittest survived, into a civilization where grace and respect for others will prevail. Sure, we have a long way to go, but the Church has only existed for 2,000 years and has many more millennia of chaos and paganism to overcome.
The foundations of the transforming grace of Christ are the Law of God (which Jesus endorsed) , and the justice which it is intended to deliver. Christians, therefore, including you and me, need to submit ourselves to the Law of God through obedience to the Spirit of Christ. This will change us into people of faith, people of mercy, people who love and serve justice - living examples of the Good News of Christ. Just like Saint Dominicus. But he started from a position of strength in a privileged and powerful family. You and I have nothing but God.

Ms. B. Have
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:22:51 PM

jacobusmaximus wrote:
You and I have nothing but God.

You and I have nothing but God, and each other Jacobus. I thank you for your warm and fair words, I really appreciate that. I have to admit that I can be a little provocative sometimes, as I was on Easter and also when I started this thread. I can put up my naughty face, knock on someone’s door in the middle of the night or throw a pebble in a pond. Maybe that is because I love a good fight so now and than, and in my opinion there is nothing wrong about that as long as we fight fair, with respect and open-minded. Probably you and I will have more often words with each other on this forum due to our shared interest but different background and insights, but please remember that I never have the intention to hurt or offend someone. If I unintentionally do, please tell me and give me the opportunity to say sorry. And if I (try to) kick someone’s ass, always feel free to kick my ass twice as hard. That is a Christian tradition, already the first disciples had their discussions and fights over the teachings of Jesus. I think that is wonderful, because it shows us that Jesus was a teacher and not a dictator, and that his followers are allowed to learn from each other by disagreement. That should unite instead of divide us. As far as I know you I like you, Jacobusmaximus, but never hesitate to teach me a lesson if you think I need one, because I'm not here to fall asleep. Only be careful for my nails. Allow me to end here with a quote out of one of the apocrypha, The Gospel of Mary.

Quote:
After Mary had said these things, she was silent, since it was up to this point that the Savior had spoken to her.
Andrew responded, addressing the brothers and sisters, "Say what you will about the things she has said, but I do not believe that the S[a]vior said these things, f[or] indeed these teachings are strange ideas."
Peter responded, bringing up similar concerns. He questioned them about the Savior: "Did he, then, speak with a woman in private without our knowing about it? Are we to turn around and listen to her? Did he choose her over us?"
Then [M]ary wept and said to Peter, "My brother Peter, what are you imagining? Do you think that I have thought up these things by myself in my heart or that I am telling lies about the Savior?"
Levi answered, speaking to Peter, "Peter, you have always been a wrathful person. Now I see you contending against the woman like the Adversaries. For if the Savior made her worthy, who are you then for your part to reject her? Assuredly the Savior's knowledge of her is completely reliable. That is why he loved her more than us. Rather we should be ashamed. We should clothe ourselves with the perfect Human, acquire it for ourselves as he commanded us, and announce the good news, not laying down any other rule or law that differs from what the Savior said."
After [he had said these] things, they started going out [to] teach and to preach.

jacobusmaximus
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:24:43 AM

I fear we will never know which Mary is the author of the Gospel of Mary. It would be good to know. One could wish that it were canonical, as it speaks so vividly of two men, Matthew and Simon Peter, who were from a traditional Jewish background which was so against any kind of change in their religious beliefs and culture. Yet here they are,helping each other to take a giant leap of faith for the Glory of God in Christ Jesus. A third man, Andrew, also a Jew but who had adopted the Greek culture, so by definition welcomes change, now is full of doubt and seeks refuge in things familiar. And a woman, Mary, who through tears risks much to preach Christ in the face of men. Of such is the Kingdom of Heaven. Thanks Ms. B. Have.

Ms. B. Have
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 1:04:48 PM

Probably it is not written by Mary herself, but written somewhere in the first or second age CE, as most written sources of the gospels are. It is dedicated to Mary because it contains stories told by Mary or by others about her. The oldest fragment of this text that is found is dated in the third century CE. Those who studied this text are sure that it is dedicated to Mariamme, who we know as Mary Magdalene. She was not, as later was said about her, a former prostitute and not the same Mary who washed Jesus feet with her hair, but one of Jesus disciples. Mary was a very common name in these days and there were many Mary's around Jesus.

SilvatungdaViel
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:10:14 PM

Many Mary's, indeed, Ms. B...

From the palace, Jesus was led to Golgotha. As the ‘beloved disciple’ continued to follow as he had been chosen by Christ to bear witness to the “Mystery of the Cross.” At the foot of the cross, stood the disciple accompanied by the three Marys:

“When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by,
whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
Then saith unto the disciple, Behold thy mother!
And from that 'hour' that disciple took her into his own home.” (John 19:26-27)

Jacobus,

You're obviously a sincere and well-meaning Christian but allow me to attempt to point out some fallabilities in your infallible belief system beides the contradictory nature of some of the scripture in the NT gospels. How can Jesus be God Himself ("I and the father are One")incarnate when he protests "My God, why hath thou forsaken me?" from the cross. In a sense he was indeed a chip off the old block but was not the block itself of which most church fathers and church dogma adhere to and would have you believe.

If church doctrine, both Catholic and Protestant, holds that the 'beloved disciple' in the Fourth Gospel is St. John the author of the gospel and Revelations, even though the identity of the beloved disciple was obviously intended to be a mystery since he was never actually identified, how can it be so when Jesus proclaims that the mystery disciple was also Mary's son that would also make him the brother of Jesus which St. John was not.

'KNOWLEDGE IS POWER'

Just thought provokin'...

'DON'T TREAD ON ME'
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:57:02 PM

SilvatungdaViel wrote:
Many Mary's, indeed, Ms. B...

From the palace, Jesus was led to Golgotha. As the ‘beloved disciple’ continued to follow as he had been chosen by Christ to bear witness to the “Mystery of the Cross.” At the foot of the cross, stood the disciple accompanied by the three Marys:

“When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by,
whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
Then saith unto the disciple, Behold thy mother!
And from that 'hour' that disciple took her into his own home.” (John 19:26-27)

Jacobus,

You're obviously a sincere and well-meaning Christian but allow me to attempt to point out some fallabilities in your infallible belief system beides the contradictory nature of some of the scripture in the NT gospels. How can Jesus be God Himself ("I and the father are One")incarnate when he protests "My God, why hath thou forsaken me?" from the cross. In a sense he was indeed a chip off the old block but was not the block itself of which most church fathers and church dogma adhere to and would have you believe.

If church doctrine, both Catholic and Protestant, holds that the 'beloved disciple' in the Fourth Gospel is St. John the author of the gospel and Revelations, even though the identity of the beloved disciple was obviously intended to be a mystery since he was never actually identified, how can it be so when Jesus proclaims that the mystery disciple was also Mary's son that would also make him the brother of Jesus which St. John was not.

'KNOWLEDGE IS POWER'

Just thought provokin'... [/b]

You have to accept the doctrine of the Trinity in order to understand that Jesus Christ was God in the flesh. Even while Jesus was 'God in the flesh' in this world he was still God in Heaven. Father, Son and Holy Spirit were Three, but they were One. Unbelievable? Not if you are a Believer.

At the Cross, Christ 'gave' John and his Mother Mary to each other. The nomenclatures Mother and Son were courtesy titles, but they established the relationship which Jesus ordained was to exist between them from that moment. If I, an ordinary, fallible person, want to adopt a child I would have to jump through legal hoops to make it happen. But if I was God....

SilvatungdaViel
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:59:26 PM

"You have to accept the doctrine of the Trinity in order to understand that Jesus Christ was God in the flesh. Even while Jesus was 'God in the flesh' in this world he was still God in Heaven. Father, Son and Holy Spirit were Three, but they were One. Unbelievable? Not if you are a Believer."

Why do you just assume that I don't accept it? Are you saying that by accepting the trinity that all the pieces of the puzzle will all fit together and remove all traces of doubt and I'll fall in line with yours and the churches dogmatic beliefs"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDiuQCz46dw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo2FnaoZXTQ

'DON'T TREAD ON ME'
HWNN1961
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:46:26 PM

Neurons: 9,763
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/soldier-dog-reunion-video-hit-210952704.html

Anything with a soul goes to heaven.

Tell me that this dog lacks a soul...I dare you!

I had a similar experience some years back...if you see the divne spark, then that creature has a soul.

I detected it in my dog.

My best guess is that the soldier in this video did the same.

Shame on those that are so restricted by their cultish theology that they would rather miss the truth than admit they lack a monopoly on it.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong". (Knight's Oath, Kingdom of Heaven)
RubyMoon
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:58:21 PM

Neurons: 4,834
I so completely agree. Many of my biology students through the years asked me this exact question, and I said YES.