The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

"Dad, do not worry. I will be fine for telling the truth". Options
Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:49:35 PM

Neurons: 51,153
This purple heart veteran, Lt Col Vindman, one of three US military brothers, had to reassure his father that he would be all right as he is just telling the truth. His testimony is not hearsay - he heard Trump's phone call himself where Trump, after holding up approved aid to the Ukraine, asked Ukrainian Zelensky to investigate the Bidens. Trump and the GOP have tried to intimidate him and make him into being disloyal to the US because his family was originally from the Ukraine. Vindman went to the US as a boy, three years old, I think, and has served his country, the US, loyally and well. The fact that the Bidens did nothing wrong is immaterial. Trump asked a foreign country, Ukraine, for help against a political opponent. He also asked China. This is against the Constitution and is an impeachable offence for a president of the US. This is what happens in a banana republic.

Lt Col Vindman put his life on the line for America. He is doing it again today!

The army may have to move Vindman and his family to an army base in order to protect them.

Sad. And shameful tactics by the no longer Grand Old Party and Trump - but that is typical these days under a man with no integrity or morals. It is all just win in politics and make money. Each transgression Trump gets away with just makes him bolder until he is doing as he pleases - which is the mark of a dictator..

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes/ears. It was their final, most essential command Orwell 1984
Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:51:00 PM

I am not surprised that no Trump supporter or Trump supporter veteran commented here to support what the Republicans and White House are doing to witnesses, even decorated veterans, during the Impeachment hearings of Donald J. Trump, POTUS. And how Trump is tweeting insults to each witness trying to intimidate them.

They have not defended because that is indefensible.

Why they need all these hearings when Trump himself released a partial transcript himself where he clearly does what the Constitution says is an impeachable offence, is a mystery to the world.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes/ears. It was their final, most essential command Orwell 1984
Ursus Minor
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:22:09 AM

Neurons: 2,661
I can't understand why not investigate the Bidens and Burisma Corporation paying enormous salary to Hunter Biden? The whole world heard his father speaking from the stage in Kiev: That procurator Shokin not sacked? Then we'll suspend the aid to Ukraine.
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:25:59 PM

Ursus Minor wrote:
I can't understand why not investigate the Bidens and Burisma Corporation paying enormous salary to Hunter Biden? The whole world heard his father speaking from the stage in Kiev: That procurator Shokin not sacked? Then we'll suspend the aid to Ukraine.

Biden and what Trump did are two separate issues. Two wrongs never make a right - is the old saying. Even IF Joe Biden did something unethical, that does not make what Trump did right. Or how the Right is treating witnesses in the Impeachment hearings.

There is zero evidence that Joe Biden's actions in Ukraine as vice president had anything to do with his son. None. Other countries/leaders were calling for the resignation of the Ukrainian prosecutor because he was doing nothing about corruption. Biden is not so stupid as to brag about it if he did something illegal or even improper. There was an investigation at the time, I believe.

However, the PERCEPTION of impropriety may haunt Biden in the election.

So anybody who doesn't like what he did can vote for someone else.

That will be his punishment for his son's lack of judgment in getting involved when his father was VP.

Ursus Minor
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:22:04 AM

Neurons: 2,661
Hope123 wrote:
[quote=Ursus Minor] Biden is not so stupid as to brag about it if he did something illegal or even improper.

But he did brag about it. 1 min. 21 sec.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCF9My1vBP4

i.e Sonny, do not worry. I fired that sonofabitch.

Hope123
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:47:51 AM

Ursus Minor wrote:
Hope123 wrote:
[quote=Ursus Minor] Biden is not so stupid as to brag about it if he did something illegal or even improper.

But he did brag about it. 1 min. 21 sec.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCF9My1vBP4

i.e Sonny, do not worry. I fired that sonofabitch.

Exactly. Joe Biden bragged because he did a good thing in bringing down a prosecutor who was doing nothing against corruption and that many other countries/leaders were agitating to remove. He would not have bragged if it were illegal or unethical. Up until Trump, anything done on the edge was kept quiet.

The new norm is Trump who announces or insinuates what he is going to do and everybody shrugs even when it is unethical. As Republicans are doing now even after Sondland's devastating testimony that shows that the whole kit and kaboodle of Trump's inner circle knew what Trump was doing to coerce Zelensky to investigate Biden.

That puts Pence and Pompeo in the line for impeachment too.

Ursus, don't let them gaslight you.

Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8:56:40 PM

Neurons: 1,180,404
Ursus Minor wrote:
I can't understand why not investigate the Bidens and Burisma Corporation paying enormous salary to Hunter Biden?

While the money paid to Hunter Biden may seem like a lot, how does it compare to what other members of Burisma's board of directors were being paid? Moreover, how does it compare to other large companies, e.g., BP, Chevron, etc?
Buzzito
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2019 10:13:27 AM

Neurons: 774,111
Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
Ursus Minor wrote:
I can't understand why not investigate the Bidens and Burisma Corporation paying enormous salary to Hunter Biden?

While the money paid to Hunter Biden may seem like a lot, how does it compare to what other members of Burisma's board of directors were being paid? Moreover, how does it compare to other large companies, e.g., BP, Chevron, etc?

Truly, you are comparing the millions Hunter Biden was given for access to other crooks? Maybe, the amount he received was less, and due to his ignorance of the pay to play tactics. Could be? either way, it is NO EXCUSE for abusing the system. People talk about Trump as a bully and when some of us post here, we bully one another with replies. WE ALL NEED TO LOOK AT OURSELVES FIRST BEFORE THROWING THE FIRST STONE! Sadly, we cast upon those in power, the ills of our societies as if it is THEIR FAULT NOT OURS. I have felt bullied here, I also have felt bullied where I work, which is a liberally staffed department. Can't we all remember a time when we have been "ONE UPPED" or bullied?

When Obama was running, the bullying started here. If you did not like him, you were somehow racist. If anyone liberally oriented who posts here, cannot understand what is like, I feel sorry for you. It would only indicate a certain degree of insensitivity to my feelings. And sadly,. the feelings of millions. We can debate here, but can we agree that there is a great deal of bullying towards other with who we disagree? I have felt it, and many I know, feel the same way.

God bless all those here who want to make the world a better place!
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2019 9:57:20 PM

Neurons: 1,180,404
Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
Ursus Minor wrote:

The chief executive of BP receives a salary of $1.854 million USD and a total remuneration of $14.7 million USD which includes benefits, bonuses and stock shares.

https://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/business-sites/en/global/corporate/pdfs/investors/bp-directors-remuneration-report-2018.pdf