The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Hong Kong protests against ban on face coverings. Options
taurine
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 1:19:24 PM

Neurons: 128,631
On the page 19th of todays' issue 'The Irish News' there is an editorial report, there. The protesters, claiming that they are pro-democracy, had expressed their strong objection to the governmental ban on face covering. The protest supporters (if not protesters itself, what may seem to be quite strange) masqueraded themselves as characters including Winnie the Pooh and Guy Fawkes.

Let it be allowed me to recall the facts, as follows. Guido Fawkes was a traitor. Guy Fawkes was fighting for the Spaniards who were citizens of a country currently called Spain. Spain was at that time at war with England. This puts Guy Fawkes in line of enemies of a country he was a citizen of. At that time in the past England was endangered by the might of Spain ruling over the half of the known to Europeans world (if not more than a half). England was a poor country. Spanish Empire was looting Incas and Aztecs.
Winnie-the-Pooh can be described as naive and really slow-witted. It is also possible to state that Winnie-the-Pooh is friendly. The intelligent person on average does not like slow-witted friends, especially if this friend is additionally naive. Naivety leads to problems and loss in many different shapes and forms. Naivety combined with slow-wittedness can lead to problems for the person who entrust to this person personal thoughts. Rightly thinking person should stay away from naive and/or slow-witted 'friend' to avoid problems for himself in the future. (To avoid any misconception I say that I am a man and while using the form 'himself' it indicates that I am not a woman. I do not feel myself a transgender and I am not going to use the form 'himself/herself'.)

The protesters in Hong Kong are claiming that they are wearing masks out of fear of retribution and concern that their identities will be shared with China's massive state security apparatus.
It is my opinion that the protesters are wearing their masks to the detriment of the people who might be impacted by their current actions. Nobody will know who those protesters really are. What is the employer company's business name paying wages to people disrupting the lives of law-abiding citizens. And, of course, what is the name of the parent company allocating funds to the subsidised company present in Hong Kong, because it is highly probable that many artificially maintained businesses in Hong Kong are present there on account of illicit business connections.

I wish to write 'thank you' to the employees of the breweries producing 'Hop House 13 lager', from Guinness. Without their dedication to the work the fruits I am currently enjoying it might had been impossible to force myself to write the words visible above. I also wish to express my gratitude to the workers of breweries producing 'Vier' Beck, premium position lager, employed by Brauerei Beck & Co. The memories of the product produced by those companies will last for some time with me. And company producing 'Maoam' gums.
WeaselADAPT
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 7:36:07 PM

Neurons: 29,755
Cheers, bro!

the Weasel
Romany
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 8:09:06 PM

Neurons: 50,893
I'm guessing that the last paragraph indicates that you were three sheets over when you wrote the above!!

Otherwise there'll be a lot of people scratching their heads about your "facts"!

taurine
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2019 4:46:37 AM

Neurons: 128,631
Romany wrote:
I'm guessing that the last paragraph indicates that you were three sheets over when you wrote the above!!

Otherwise there'll be a lot of people scratching their heads about your "facts"!

There was no need to guess. You could simply contact Garda. You could express your concern about children being exposed to alcoholism effects not in Mozambique, only, please.
I was in a building which did not burn down and people were not covering me with a warm blanket, distributing a whisky.

Wise people do not need scratching their heads to discover the wrong application of historical figure GF as a freedom fighter. But you are allegedly *living in the UK* so you could have known what is the link between masks of 'anonymous' and Guy Fawkes, surely?

Ascribing patriotism to Guy Fawkes is beyond my capability, even after beer.
If I were interested I could guess that you could use facts according to your purposes and try legitimate your opinion as valuable. I am not regretting to state that I am not interested. If you do, I will take pleasure to comment without sheets.

As to a lot of people, please, do not hesitate mentioning about mother wearing uniform in prison. The choice of glasses I am leaving with you.

As to your two exclamations, I have fifteen to communicate.