The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Pro Lifers Really are Interested in Controlling Women - Study Options
BobShilling
Posted: Saturday, August 31, 2019 12:47:01 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/1/2018
Posts: 1,420
Neurons: 7,616
Location: Beroun, Stredocesky, Czech Republic
FounDit wrote:

Example of real abuse:


Another sidetrack. Allegations that illegal immigrants have committed crimes and allegations that allegedly illegal immigrants are abused at the border are completely separate issues. What constitutes 'abuse' is a completely separate issue.

None of these has anything at all to do with the original topic of this thread, "Pro Lifers Really are Interested in Controlling Women - Study".
Hope123
Posted: Saturday, August 31, 2019 11:02:35 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,925
Neurons: 51,153
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
BobShilling wrote:
FounDit wrote:

Example of real abuse:


Another sidetrack. Allegations that illegal immigrants have committed crimes and allegations that allegedly illegal immigrants are abused at the border are completely separate issues. What constitutes 'abuse' is a completely separate issue.

None of these has anything at all to do with the original topic of this thread, "Pro Lifers Really are Interested in Controlling Women - Study".


Applause Applause Applause

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes/ears. It was their final, most essential command Orwell 1984
FounDit
Posted: Sunday, September 1, 2019 11:40:50 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 12,179
Neurons: 60,532
Hope123 wrote:
BobShilling wrote:
FounDit wrote:

Example of real abuse:


Another sidetrack. Allegations that illegal immigrants have committed crimes and allegations that allegedly illegal immigrants are abused at the border are completely separate issues. What constitutes 'abuse' is a completely separate issue.

None of these has anything at all to do with the original topic of this thread, "Pro Lifers Really are Interested in Controlling Women - Study".


Applause Applause Applause


Not a sidetrack at all. And now another illegal alien has been arrested in the same county for sex crimes against a child.

But your OP is a lie. Pro-lifers are not interested in controlling women, they have empathy for the children that are being killed - something you say you also have. But your empathy goes only as far as children at the border, and not for those developing. That makes for hypocrisy.

Both sides are taking the issue to the extreme. Pro-lifers want no abortions at all, while pro-abortion folks want no restrictions at all. But at least the pro-lifers aren't being hypocritical about their empathy, and using it to try and score political points.


We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
BobShilling
Posted: Sunday, September 1, 2019 1:56:42 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/1/2018
Posts: 1,420
Neurons: 7,616
Location: Beroun, Stredocesky, Czech Republic
FounDit wrote:
And now another illegal alien has been arrested in the same county for sex crimes against a child.

Nothing at all to do with the topic of this thread.

But your empathy goes only as far as children at the border, and not for those developing. That makes for hypocrisy.
Unsubstantiated claim. Irrelevant even if it were true.

Quote:
Both sides are taking the issue to the extreme. Pro-lifers want no abortions at all, while pro-abortion folks want no restrictions at all

Unsubstantiated extension of the position of some on each side of the argument to all. Irrelevant even if it were true.

Quote:
But at least the pro-lifers aren't being hypocritical about their empathy, and using it to try and score political points.

Unsubstantiated claim. Irrelevant even if it were true.
Romany
Posted: Sunday, September 1, 2019 3:00:47 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/14/2009
Posts: 16,029
Neurons: 50,781
Location: Brighton, England, United Kingdom


Applause Applause Applause Bob.

I think it should also be re-iterated for the umpteenth time that "substantiated" means that evidence for the veracity of a claim has been given. Any claim remains unsubstatiated until such time as evidence is produced that it is true; no matter how often it is repeated.

However: It must be made clear that referencing any news source which professes political bias to any political party doesn't provide evidence. Nor does the fact that it was said by any one person does make it truth. Evidence of the veracity of the claim must be provided before it can be called true.


Suggested reference sourcesinclude: video tape of a person saying/doing something it is contended they didn't say; official (accredited, non-biased) sites such as Government websites, University departments, Science departments, History departments, museums, international sources...well anything, really, that can be seen or read which substantiates a claim.











FounDit
Posted: Sunday, September 1, 2019 3:10:22 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 12,179
Neurons: 60,532
Romany wrote:


Nor does the fact that it was said by any one person does make it truth.

Nor does saying something is irrelevant make that claim true. I leave it to the readers to determine what they think is true.


We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
BobShilling
Posted: Sunday, September 1, 2019 5:38:47 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/1/2018
Posts: 1,420
Neurons: 7,616
Location: Beroun, Stredocesky, Czech Republic
Romany wrote:
Suggested reference sourcesinclude: [...] Government websites


Whistle
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, September 1, 2019 8:31:04 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,925
Neurons: 51,153
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
FounDit wrote:
Hope123 wrote:
BobShilling wrote:
FounDit wrote:

Example of real abuse:


Another sidetrack. Allegations that illegal immigrants have committed crimes and allegations that allegedly illegal immigrants are abused at the border are completely separate issues. What constitutes 'abuse' is a completely separate issue.

None of these has anything at all to do with the original topic of this thread, "Pro Lifers Really are Interested in Controlling Women - Study".


Applause Applause Applause


Not a sidetrack at all. And now another illegal alien has been arrested in the same county for sex crimes against a child.

Hope's replies are green.

If you want to play that game have you even heard of " "militarized border rape"? Perpetrated by Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) officials, as well as Border Patrol agents at the U.S-Mexico border.

But your OP is a lie. Pro-lifers are not interested in controlling women, they have empathy for the children that are being killed - something you say you also have. But your empathy goes only as far as children at the border, and not for those developing. That makes for hypocrisy.

Did you even look at the link on the OP? It was a poll done by a very reputable company that divided participants into anti and pro abortion and then analyzed their answers to questions related to the control of women. The results showed that anti abortion participants also favoured controlling women. Simple as that.

Both sides are taking the issue to the extreme. Pro-lifers want no abortions at all, while pro-abortion folks want no restrictions at all. But at least the pro-lifers aren't being hypocritical about their empathy, and using it to try and score political points.


This is your opinion only. Maybe some prolifers want no abortion at all but most are reasonable about the life of mother, rape, incest. And pro lifers do not want abortion on demand. There are rules and limitations they approve of such as - guess what - WHOLE life of mother, rape and incest.

And once again about your hang up of empathy, that works both ways. Empathy is needed for both mother and child. Lack of empathy for what a woman goes through is also why it is men and women dominated by men, brainwashing, or religion who value the life of a parasitic fetus over the established life of the woman. Males also want control to make sure their seed is spread, just as the male lion kills the cubs of the female when she loses the father of her cubs. That is nature.


:::

The opposite to pro life is NOT anti life. It is PRO CHOICE. And anti government control. And anti religion in government.

If anti abortion folks ever get their way, it will be interesting to see a six week collection of cells called a fetus suing a woman or abortion clinic for murder.

The practical side is that even with laws there will be abortion. Women will die. Adoption agencies will be overflowing and the US already incarcerates more people and with harsher sentences than most other countries yet has the highest rate of violence and murder than any of the developed countries.


The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes/ears. It was their final, most essential command Orwell 1984
RSoul
Posted: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 7:30:04 AM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
... the US already incarcerates more people and with harsher sentences than most other countries yet has the highest rate of violence and murder than any of the developed countries.

Assuming that these statements are statistically accurate, I've always wondered why the crime rate is so high for percentage population in the US.


Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
Lotje1000
Posted: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 7:58:44 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/3/2014
Posts: 1,088
Neurons: 595,603
Location: Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
Hope123 wrote:
The opposite to pro life is NOT anti life. It is PRO CHOICE. And anti government control. And anti religion in government.


It always struck me as ironic that some people are so liberal with the availability and use of firearms - where a ban is the most horrid infraction of personal freedom and responsibility imaginable. Yet talk about a woman's right to decide what happens to her body and suddenly a complete ban seems perfectly justified.

Suppose if every woman had a gun, she could fight off all those rapists and at least that part of the abortion issue would be solved Whistle

(It's an interesting overlap as far as victim blaming goes, by the way. So many say women should be more careful and make sure not to provoke possible rapists. Similarly, so many say that mass shootings could have been stopped if only the victims all had guns. What happened to tackling the actual causes/perpetrators?)
Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 2:25:24 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,925
Neurons: 51,153
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Lotje1000 wrote:
Hope123 wrote:
The opposite to pro life is NOT anti life. It is PRO CHOICE. And anti government control. And anti religion in government.


It always struck me as ironic that some people are so liberal with the availability and use of firearms - where a ban is the most horrid infraction of personal freedom and responsibility imaginable. Yet talk about a woman's right to decide what happens to her body and suddenly a complete ban seems perfectly justified.

Suppose if every woman had a gun, she could fight off all those rapists and at least that part of the abortion issue would be solved Whistle

(It's an interesting overlap as far as victim blaming goes, by the way. So many say women should be more careful and make sure not to provoke possible rapists. Similarly, so many say that mass shootings could have been stopped if only the victims all had guns. What happened to tackling the actual causes/perpetrators?)


Exactly, Lotje. Yet forced birthers refuse to see the irony or the hypocrisy.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes/ears. It was their final, most essential command Orwell 1984
Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 2:28:36 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,925
Neurons: 51,153
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
RSoul wrote:
... the US already incarcerates more people and with harsher sentences than most other countries yet has the highest rate of violence and murder than any of the developed countries.

Assuming that these statements are statistically accurate, I've always wondered why the crime rate is so high for percentage population in the US.


Wondered that myself. The high percentage of Christianity would seem to say the opposite but it does not.

The "Me and Mine" attitude? Poor safety nets and social systems? Money in government?

I just skimmed this but it may have some suggestions - written from American point of view.

https://www.howardsmead.com/why_we_americans_are_so_violent.htm

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes/ears. It was their final, most essential command Orwell 1984
RSoul
Posted: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 2:57:02 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
Hope123 wrote:
The high percentage of Christianity ...


I think you've nailed it.

Hope123 wrote:
The "Me and Mine" attitude? Poor safety nets and social systems? Money in government?

I just skimmed this but it may have some suggestions - written from American point of view.

https://www.howardsmead.com/why_we_americans_are_so_violent.htm


I can't remember whether it was Plato, Aristotle or my maternal grandfather who stated that any society which had great inequalities would be inherently unstable. My grandfather was a communist though, and half Cantonese. I don't think Plato or Aristotle were communists. They may have been part Cantonese.

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.