Never odd or even.
A nut for a jar of tuna.
Borrow or rob?
Was it a car or a cat I saw?

Source: GrammarBook.com
thar
Posted: Friday, July 5, 2019 6:25:34 AM

Neurons: 80,150
I was flummoxed looking for an answer to the riddle - didn't notice they were palindromic (didn't help that I misread it! Whistle ) But it does show that the letters lose their individuality when they become words - then the way the syllables fit together, and way it is chopped up into words, and the way of reading in one direction, all combine to influence how we 'see' it. Me at least.
coag
Posted: Sunday, July 7, 2019 1:16:37 AM

Neurons: 6,438
Reading backwards and checking the palindromes is not completely effortless. At least it was no for me. I had to move the cursor carefully from a letter to letter and insert or neglect spaces where necessary, to make a meaningful sentence.

But it's interesting how tolerant we are to typos when we read normal way. Here's a Wikipedia example.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.[1]

Although the text is littered with errors, it is still relatively easy to make out the words. No such research was carried out at the University of Cambridge.[1]□

Recently, at work, I saw a delivery guy wearing a T-shirt on which it was written FCUK. For a moment I thought it was F**K.
I thought, man, why to wear that at work. Then I saw small dots after the letters and I realized it was F.C.U.K., probably an abbreviation for Football Club UK.

I would like to have the first two palindromes from the original post on my T-shirts. I think that many people would wonder what it means.

The second part in "palindrome" is from Greek dromos "a race course", from dramein "to run", further from PIE *drem- "to run". (Online Etymology Dictionary)

Some other words with this Greek root are:
aerodrome
hippodrome
dromedary
Clyde of Oz
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2019 7:06:13 AM

Neurons: 3,186
FCUK is a major clothing company (French Connection). When you see the sign in a shopping centre, it is quite attention-grabbing.

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” ― Carl Sagan
March Hare
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2019 7:25:02 AM

Neurons: 1,830,127
coag wrote:
The second part in "palindrome" is from Greek dromos "a race course", from dramein "to run", further from PIE *drem- "to run". (Online Etymology Dictionary)

Some other words with this Greek root are:
aerodrome
hippodrome
dromedary

You got me curious, so I looked up some more drome-related words.
This one in particular stuck out:

dromophobia: an irrational fear of crossing roads

That must be so inconvenient!
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:15:55 AM

Neurons: 201,846

For a slightly light-hearted look at inconvenient phobias . . .

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!