Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2019 1:03:33 PM

Neurons: 1,269
I suffer from Depression.
FounDit
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2019 4:08:11 PM

Neurons: 56,199
Alexsander wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that, Alexsander. I can only relate my personal experience with that. I have been in situations that resulted in Depression. I give it a capital letter because it is a terrible state to be in.

I found that depression in me resulted from an anger that had no outlet. So that anger turned inward, resulting in a sense of internal rage, that, again, had no outlet. That resulted in a sense of helplessness, lethargy, and futility. Life became an apparent unending struggle, and no end seems to show itself.

Fortunately, things always change. They never remain the same forever. The source of my anger and rage came to an end, only to be replaced by other sources of irritation. But I found that taking one day at a time, and focusing only on what was right in front of me, rather than the whole of the rest of my life, made a big difference.

The only moment you have is the one you are living right now. Make yourself enjoy that, and never worry about the future. It will take care of itself and doesn't need your help if you only take care of the moment you are in right now.

If your depression has a medical source, such as body/brain chemistry, then by all means, seek professional help. There is no need to live in depression when help is available.

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
Koh Elaine
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:05:21 PM

Neurons: 21,368
Alexsander wrote:

Hi Alexsander,

If depression is making you miserable and is affecting your mood very badly, my advice is that you see a psychiatrist.

Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 4:23:37 PM

Neurons: 49,679
Koh Elaine wrote:
Alexsander wrote:

Hi Alexsander,

If depression is making you miserable and is affecting your mood very badly, my advice is that you see a psychiatrist.

Good advice. Also - Make sure you are not overloaded with pesticides and toxic metals. Mainstream MDs will not tell you that.

"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons." Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
nai02
Posted: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:18:28 PM

Neurons: 3
I advise you to take refuge in the love of your family and that is the most important thing not to feel that emptiness that normally result in depression.
Paul Watson 3
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:44:36 PM

Neurons: 12,461
Hi Alexander ..

I also suffer from depression. I found that no matter what drugs I tried ( Talking ones from the psychologist ) , I would feel terrible on them , so I decided to try out different techniques to help me..

Ok , now just hang in there with me , I started writing .

I allowed myself to get depressed , but i also made sure i didnt go down for more than 2 days . and I always made sure that I had to bring something back from the dark part. By this i mean I would bring back a photo or a story.

I started writing down how I felt , and this was great as I could them reread those thoughts and feelings and make sense of them. Those abstract emotions and thoughts were not able to fester and get worse in my head , I could see them on paper now..

I also started writing poems , short stories , and fun or interesting things that happened to me during my dark spots. I would also create photos of how i felt ,

This all helps me loads ..

This is one of my First poems I wrote , I am sure you can relate. Please message me if you would like to chat further
paul@intellectuscampus.com I would be happy to show you some of my works and helping others is helping ones self

Black Dog

Fur like Velvet , Midnight temptation
Slathering jaws with no hope of salvation
Black dog , come and rip out my throat
Let this be the last thing I wrote.

Black dog , with eyes like fire
Your lolling tongue imitates desire
Spittle and froth and lather and bile
Brittle and harsh like a cold winters smile

Black dog here take me , take my soul
Rip it apart like a root eating mole
I can feel your beady greedy eye pits
Devouring my confidence my creativity and my wits.

Black dog.. No mercy.. No remorse.. No care
Bringing me down like a soft innocent deer.

Black dog….

By Paul Watson