The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

I have most free time on Fridays. Options
Reiko07
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 4:16:06 AM

Rank: Member

Joined: 10/30/2018
Posts: 155
Neurons: 751
1) I have most free time on Fridays.

2) I have the most free time on Fridays.

3) Friday is the day when I have most free time.

4) Friday is the day when I have the most free time.

5) Friday is the day when I have the greatest amount of free time.

6) I have the greatest amount of free time on Fridays.

7) On Fridays, I have the greatest amount of free time.

Which is correct?

My English is probably at CEFR A1 or A2 level.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 5:16:56 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/21/2009
Posts: 42,479
Neurons: 455,003
Location: Helsinki, Southern Finland Province, Finland
I'm mostly free on Sundays ;-)

Sentences 1 and 3 sound most natural, but all your sentences are understandable.


In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
FounDit
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 11:49:26 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 10,353
Neurons: 53,577
Reiko07 wrote:
1) I have most free time on Fridays.

2) I have the most free time on Fridays.

3) Friday is the day when I have most free time.

4) Friday is the day when I have the most free time.

5) Friday is the day when I have the greatest amount of free time.

6) I have the greatest amount of free time on Fridays.

7) On Fridays, I have the greatest amount of free time.

Which is correct?


All of them sound correct and natural to me except 1) and 3).

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
Reiko07
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 6:56:07 PM

Rank: Member

Joined: 10/30/2018
Posts: 155
Neurons: 751
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
I'm mostly free on Sundays ;-)

Sentences 1 and 3 sound most natural, but all your sentences are understandable.

Thank you very much, JJ. Dancing

My English is probably at CEFR A1 or A2 level.
Reiko07
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 6:57:14 PM

Rank: Member

Joined: 10/30/2018
Posts: 155
Neurons: 751
FounDit wrote:
Reiko07 wrote:
1) I have most free time on Fridays.

2) I have the most free time on Fridays.

3) Friday is the day when I have most free time.

4) Friday is the day when I have the most free time.

5) Friday is the day when I have the greatest amount of free time.

6) I have the greatest amount of free time on Fridays.

7) On Fridays, I have the greatest amount of free time.

Which is correct?


All of them sound correct and natural to me except 1) and 3).

Thank you very much, FounDit. Dancing

My English is probably at CEFR A1 or A2 level.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.