The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

in play? Options
QP
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2019 6:13:19 AM

Neurons: 9,473
Hi friends,

I would like to ask for you help on explaining these words. I still get confused after looking up its meaning in The freeDictionary.

It was ruled
that Bertha Franklin shooting Sam Cooke was a case of justifiable homicide. And nobody bought that. It just didn't seem like he was the person
that got shot down in the way that he did and there had to be something more in play, and that's what fueled the idea of this being some sort of conspiracy.

Thank you
QP
sureshot
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2019 7:19:00 AM

Neurons: 401,825
QP wrote:
Hi friends,

I would like to ask for you help on explaining these words. I still get confused after looking up its meaning in The freeDictionary.

It was ruled that Bertha Franklin shooting Sam Cooke was a case of justifiable homicide. And nobody bought that. It just didn't seem like he was the person that got shot down in the way that he did and there had to be something more in play, and that's what fueled the idea of this being some sort of conspiracy.

Thank you
QP

In this phrase, "in play" means "in action". There were some forces in action/operation that influenced this situation.

QP
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2019 7:59:07 AM

Neurons: 9,473
Thank you very much