The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Problems with your site...anyone else having issues? Options
L.Rai
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 4:31:28 AM

Neurons: 1,076,704
I signed on today Jan. 2 and I could not access any of the usual features because they would not link. I tried several ways to get to these features including through the forum but nothing worked...did you all go on holiday? Please check it out and see what might be the issue...I'd like to finish my goal before it times out. Yes, I am OCD about this.

"Your life matters more than you will ever know, so live it well"
fsm2008
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 5:20:41 AM

Neurons: 645,300
Same here with me...
Since yesterday, all the daily features don't score the regular points anymore, and the "This day in history" and "Today's birthday" don't appear in my main page. Finally, in the same way, the "Daily grammar lesson" doesn’t appear today.
Are anyone else having the same problems, or it’s just us?

Ali Izmir
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 6:11:19 AM

Neurons: 1,742,119
YES, YES, YES, SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THESE AND MANY OTHER PROBLEMS. TILL YESTERDAY SOME FEATURES WERE NOT WORKING. TODAY, I'M SORRY TO SAY THAT HARDLY ANY THING IS WORKING EXCEPT FOR 1 or 2 . . . I'M UNABLE TO SCORE ANY POINTS (NEURONS). I'M LOSING. AND ALSO FAILED TO COMPLETE MY GOAL. I HAVE MADE MANY COMPLAINTS AT SEVERAL OTHER PLACES ON THIS WEBSITE & HAVE PLEADED TO THE ADMIN BUT, AS USUAL NOBODY HAS BOTHERED YET. THIS IS VERY IRRITATING FOR REGULAR PLAYERS ON THIS FORUM. ADMIN PLEASE HELP 😫😡😫
Ali Izmir
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 6:25:49 AM

YES, YES, YES, SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THESE AND MANY OTHER PROBLEMS. TILL YESTERDAY SOME FEATURES WERE NOT WORKING. TODAY, I'M SORRY TO SAY THAT HARDLY ANY THING IS WORKING EXCEPT FOR 1 or 2 . . . I'M UNABLE TO SCORE ANY POINTS (NEURONS). I'M LOSING. AND ALSO FAILED TO COMPLETE MY GOAL. I HAVE MADE MANY COMPLAINTS AT SEVERAL OTHER PLACES ON THIS WEBSITE & HAVE PLEADED TO THE ADMIN BUT, AS USUAL NOBODY HAS BOTHERED YET. THIS IS VERY IRRITATING FOR REGULAR PLAYERS ON THIS FORUM. ADMIN PLEASE HELP 😫😡😫
Helen88
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 6:56:02 AM

Neurons: 151,525
Yes, I'm having the same problem today. Daily Features (Daily Grammar Lesson, This Day in History and Today's Birthday) articles are missing and replaced with the word 'Discuss'. This is Day 4 of my 'Learn Something New' goal which I will not be able to complete. I've tried everything, including disabling my pop-up blocker. I had this same problem a week ago... Unable to complete my goals... no scoring points. Any suggestion from Admin would be helpful. Sign me, Frustrated!
Ali Izmir
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 7:00:37 AM

TODAY'S HOLIDAY & IDIOM OF THE DAY ALSO NOT GIVING ANY POINTS (NEURONS) I HAVE LOST THOUSANDS OF POINTS (NEURONS) THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING & NOBODY'S PAYING ANY HEED. TFD CALL ITSELF THE BEST, LARGEST, MOST EXHAUSTIVE, MOST EFFICIENT DICTIONARY SITE IN THE WORLD.I WISH THEY REALLY WERE.😫😡😫.ALMOST 80% OF THEIR CONTENT IS TAKEN FROM THE GREAT RUSSIAN/SOVIET ENCYCLOPEDIA. Come on Admin Please. Aren't the New Year's celebrations over yet in India 🤔🤨😐
Ali Izmir
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 7:31:05 AM

TODAY'S HOLIDAY & IDIOM OF THE DAY ALSO NOT GIVING ANY POINTS (NEURONS) I HAVE LOST THOUSANDS OF POINTS (NEURONS) THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING & NOBODY'S PAYING ANY HEED. TFD CALL ITSELF THE BEST, LARGEST, MOST EXHAUSTIVE, MOST EFFICIENT DICTIONARY SITE IN THE WORLD.I WISH THEY REALLY WERE.😫😡😫.ALMOST 80% OF THEIR CONTENT IS TAKEN FROM THE GREAT RUSSIAN/SOVIET ENCYCLOPEDIA. Come on Admin Please. Aren't the New Year's celebrations over yet in India 🤔🤨😐 Wish you (& all others here on TFD a very Happy & Prosperous New Year.
Ali Izmir
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 8:56:01 AM

TODAY AGAIN NOT ABLE TO OPEN "DAILY GRAMMAR LESSON " AND NO OTHER FEATURES ARE OPENING (except for Mismatch & Matchup [15 Neurons each] & here too 5 neurons for looking up each word definition is not being given) THEREFORE CANNOT EARN ANY POINTS (NEURONS). I & SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE HERE R HAVING LOTS OF PROBLEMS SINCE THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS. PLUS THIS WEBSITE IS ALSO PRETTY COMPLICATED, SO MANY PEOPLE CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW & WHERE TO LODGE/POST THEIR COMPLAINTS, IT TOOK ME QUITE A WHILE TO FIND THIS LOCATION. I'VE EXPRESSED MYSELF AT A FEW OTHER LOCATIONS BEFORE I COULD GET HERE . . . YESTERDAY I FAILED TO COMPLETE MY GOAL, TODAY AGAIN MY TIME IS RUNNING OUT. WE R LOSING POINTS & TIME . . . WILL ADMINISTRATION PLEASE CONCLUDE THEIR NEW YEAR MERRY MAKING & FIX UP THESE PROBLEMS ASAP PLEEEEEEEEEASE😫😡😫
TFD
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 9:52:08 AM

Thank you for reaching out. We are working to fix this issue as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Alice M Toaster
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 9:54:04 AM

Neurons: 1,301,774
If acquiring neurons is your goal, try WordHub.

The past is the past - learn from it - acknowledge and move on.
Dodger52
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 1:13:32 PM

Neurons: 1,432,641
I've also had problems with the links on the site for the last two days.
Everyone must have taken a long break. Lucky them!
Rick Fowler
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 1:16:55 PM

Neurons: 2,829,721
I am also having issues and have lost my weekly challenge because the site refused to acknowledge my existence!! Come on Farlex, get this issue sorted PRONTO!
hedy mmm
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 1:42:59 PM

Neurons: 558,218
TFD FAIRLEX IS STILL NOT FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY...
YES, NEURONS MATTER, AND READING THE ARTICLES ALSO MATTERS...
EVEN THE BACKGROUND COLORS HAVE DISAPPEARED
WHAT IS GOING ON?...WE NEED ANSWERS...and yes PRONTO!
PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSE!

Like L.Rai, I'm very OCD about this too...
I can't meet my goals before time runs out! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

BTW Happy New Year L.Rai and TFDer Family!
hedy

"God graced us with today....don't waste it." hedy
TFD
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 2:05:55 PM

We have implemented some fixes that address several of the issues. Please refresh the homepage or reopen the app to see if it is working now.
L.Rai
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 8:34:10 PM

Neurons: 1,076,704
Hedy:

Happy New Year to you too....glad to see the site is back and working again...ahhh my OCD has been satisfied at last...LOL

LRai

"Your life matters more than you will ever know, so live it well"
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:06:06 AM

Neurons: 185,090
Gawd! All this fuss about points!

I understand the frustration about not being able to see the articles - but POINTS? d'oh!

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
Wilmar (USA)
Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2019 9:21:38 AM

Neurons: 554,355
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
Gawd! All this fuss about points!

I understand the frustration about not being able to see the articles - but POINTS? d'oh!

You live your life; we'll do the same.