The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Boxset Options
Amybal
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:30:09 AM

Neurons: 2,383
Hi, there is anything wrong in these sentences?

This is a boxset includes with two movies.

Short summary
The films are based on the hit 1980s TV series about a retired spy with a mysterious history and a knack for bringing the bad guys down in The Equalizer and The Equalizer 2.

Long summary
Directed by Antoine Fuqua, loosely based on the 1980s TV series. In The Equalizer, Denzel Washington plays Robert McCall, a man who has put his mysterious past behind him but comes out of self-retirement to serve vengeance against anyone who would brutalize the helpless. In The Equalizer 2, Robert McCall returns to deliver his special brand of vigilante justice when thugs kill his friend and former colleague.
FounDit
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 2:36:15 PM

Neurons: 51,966
Amybal wrote:
I think box set is two words.

This box set includes two movies.

Short summary
The films are based on the hit 1980s TV series about a retired spy with a mysterious history and a knack for bringing the bad guys down in The Equalizer and The Equalizer 2.

Long summary
Both movies are directed by Antoine Fuqua, and loosely based on the 1980s TV series. In The Equalizer, Denzel Washington plays Robert McCall, a man who has put his mysterious past behind him, but comes out of self-retirement to serve vengeance against anyone who would brutalize the helpless. In The Equalizer 2, Robert McCall returns to deliver his special brand of vigilante justice when thugs kill his friend and former colleague.

This show reminded me of Vengeance Unlimited, a TV series in 1998 and '99, starring Michael Madsen. Madsen was brilliant in it.

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
Sarrriesfan
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 3:58:33 PM

Neurons: 7,347
FounDit wrote:
Amybal wrote:
I think box set is two words.

This box set includes two movies.

Short summary

Long summary
Both movies are directed by Antoine Fuqua, and loosely based on the 1980s TV series. In The Equalizer, Denzel Washington plays Robert McCall, a man who has put his mysterious past behind him, but comes out of self-retirement to serve vengeance against anyone who would brutalize the helpless. In The Equalizer 2, Robert McCall returns to deliver his special brand of vigilante justice when thugs kill his friend and former colleague.

This show reminded me of Vengeance Unlimited, a TV series in 1998 and '99, starring Michael Madsen. Madsen was brilliant in it.

I preferred the original Equalizer with Edward Woodward, myself.

I lack the imagination for a witty signature.
Amybal
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 10:38:49 PM

Neurons: 2,383
Thank you Sarrriesfan and FounDit.

Question, for the long version the first line can I say:
Antoine Fuqua’s action-packed movies, and loosely based on the 1980s TV series.
FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 2:38:36 PM

Neurons: 51,966
Amybal wrote:
Thank you Sarrriesfan and FounDit.
I prefer:

Question, for the long version the first line can I say:
Director Antoine Fuqua’s action-packed movies, loosely based on the 1980s TV series.

It feels a bit "off" to me when written so briefly while other parts are complete sentences, so I added one word to help with the feeling of a synopsis.

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit