The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

C2 level English Options
Atatürk
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:03:04 PM

Neurons: 734
Hi
What books or strategies would you suggest for a C1 learner to reach C2?

Advice and classroom hints are one thing, grammar rules are another. Michael Lewis (1986)
Romany
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:29:01 PM

Neurons: 46,025
Is that a personal query? If so, I would have thought you were already at C2? Of course, often a student's oral results differ rather devastatingly from their written work; so one couldn't make a complete evaluation based on only one componant of the evaluation process.

And levels and evaluations differ markedly from place to place.

So my personal view would be that there really are no particular strategies by which anyone makes the transition to the next level - whichever it may be. Just more of what you're doing already: hard work.

I'm sorry. I know that sounds really boring and you might not consider it a satisfactory answer. But what the sub-text of that answer implies also, is that whatever you're doing right now is on the right track - you just need to do more of it and you'll get there. (Unless, of course, your spoken English is not on a par with your written?)