The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

sentence correction Options
Atatürk
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:37:19 PM

Neurons: 734
The results of this study also show that the hope therapy given to the patients has increased the abilities: forgiveness, modesty and humility, prudence, and self-regulation, with potencies at 40, 73,17, and 40 percent respectively.

How can the above be improved?

Advice and classroom hints are one thing, grammar rules are another. Michael Lewis (1986)
FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 3:35:25 PM

Neurons: 51,787
Atatürk wrote:
The results of this study also show that the hope therapy given to the patients has increased the abilities: forgiveness, modesty and humility, prudence, and self-regulation, with potencies at 40, 73,17, and 40 percent respectively.

How can the above be improved?

The results of this study show that patients receiving hope therapy increased their capacities for forgiveness, modesty and humility, prudence, and self-regulation, with potencies at 40, 73,17, and 40 percent, respectively.

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
Romany
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 12:35:53 PM

Neurons: 46,025

Forgiveness.....40
modesty... 73
humility...... 17
prudence..... 40

What about self-regulation?

From a personal level though, "modesty" and "humility" as areas that need increasing in depressed persons? That seems incredibly counter-intuitive to me?

These are certainly not areas I've ever come across referred to either as symptoms of depression or as wellness aims.

Obviously this is your area and I'm not outright disputing it. But do you think you could possibly explain how these two attributes are linked to depression? (Especially 'immodesty' - a word I don't think I've ever heard used contemporaneously since my early childhood in a convent!)

THOUGHT: Woops! Have I missed a chunk of text somewhere? Have you moved on from Depression to Sex-addiction or Narcissism?