The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

"Nationalism"? Options
A cooperator
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 1:38:01 PM

Neurons: 11,746
The US ambassador, along with the delegate of the Saudi and UAE Alliance, attended the Coast Guard ceremony taken place in Hadramawt province. However, the President of the Republic, the Vice President of the Republic, and the Prime Minister did not attend. Hahaha.
Why on earth does only the US ambassador still have the courage to walk across Yemen except the ambassadors of other countries?

Whoever doesn't own what he promises to those who do not deserve must not promise it.
A cooperator
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2018 3:15:37 AM

progpen wrote:
A cooperator wrote:
progpen wrote:
"Humanitarian negotiation and political mediation are two different strands," said Griffiths, 67, a married father of two. "They need to be carried out by different people and they should not be integrated and ... will continue to be so, I'm sure, in Yemen."

Griffiths' insistence on this will doubtless see him butt heads with the Saudi-led coalition, which is simultaneously bombing Houthis, blocking sea and air aid routes and running its own large-scale humanitarian operation in Yemen.

In February 2018, United Nations Secretary‑General António Guterres appointed Martin Griffiths of the United Kingdom as his Special Envoy for Yemen. Mr. Griffiths brings extensive experience in conflict resolution, negotiation, mediation and humanitarian affairs, having worked with the UN and other International Organizations. He was also the founding Director of the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue in Geneva, where he specialized in developing political dialogue between governments and insurgents in a range of countries across Asia, Africa and Europe.

Thank you so much, progpen, for your quite excellent information.

However, do you think Mr Martin will be interested in discussing the case of South Yemen, which originally has been raised since 1994 after the former legeal president of People's Democratic Republic of Yemen announced the disengagement since the Yemeni Union was not as it was promised to be by the leader of the South and North Yemen?

With his history and experience, it is expected that he is working to get all parties to the table to talk. We would actually have to guess at reasons that he might not want to succeed. There is no indication that he is playing favorites or wants one side to win over the others.

I am wondering what is preventing the transfer of Yemeni dialogue and negotiation sessions from Sweden via live broadcast so that the Yemeni people, at least as stakeholders, can see the details of the dialogue and know who obstructs or impairs access to the peace agreement and bloodshed.

Whoever doesn't own what he promises to those who do not deserve must not promise it.
A cooperator
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 9:16:37 AM

The Yemeni unity ended in 1994, but I tell you the US has not wanted the South Yemen to have its independence. So, the slaves, the Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates by force do not want it as well because their master does not want it. I understand that, but the world doesn't have only a strong country, the US. However, there are North Korea, Russia, Japan and China.
We almost all Southern Yemeni citizens are determined to get our country back, whatever the cost.

A cooperator
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2018 10:47:55 AM

Does the South Yemen - the case of an entire people since 1994 - not have the right to have its independence from the occupier the North Yemen? However, the terrorist, Houthies, who appeared just ago a two years has the right to control over Sana's. Is this what the US and UK see must be done? I am sorry to say we are determined to ignore that opinion, and I won't say the command since it is not entitled that a nation to occupy another one.

A cooperator
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 12:40:59 PM

progpen wrote:
A cooperator wrote:
progpen wrote:
"Humanitarian negotiation and political mediation are two different strands," said Griffiths, 67, a married father of two. "They need to be carried out by different people and they should not be integrated and ... will continue to be so, I'm sure, in Yemen."

Griffiths' insistence on this will doubtless see him butt heads with the Saudi-led coalition, which is simultaneously bombing Houthis, blocking sea and air aid routes and running its own large-scale humanitarian operation in Yemen.

In February 2018, United Nations Secretary‑General António Guterres appointed Martin Griffiths of the United Kingdom as his Special Envoy for Yemen. Mr. Griffiths brings extensive experience in conflict resolution, negotiation, mediation and humanitarian affairs, having worked with the UN and other International Organizations. He was also the founding Director of the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue in Geneva, where he specialized in developing political dialogue between governments and insurgents in a range of countries across Asia, Africa and Europe.

Thank you so much, progpen, for your quite excellent information.

However, do you think Mr Martin will be interested in discussing the case of South Yemen, which originally has been raised since 1994 after the former legeal president of People's Democratic Republic of Yemen announced the disengagement since the Yemeni Union was not as it was promised to be by the leader of the South and North Yemen?

With his history and experience, it is expected that he is working to get all parties to the table to talk. We would actually have to guess at reasons that he might not want to succeed. There is no indication that he is playing favorites or wants one uside to win over the others.

Today, Al-Houthies have violated the agreement of Sweden launching an Iranian-made rocket into the Al-Anad base in the province of Lahj.

Romany
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 6:32:06 PM

Neurons: 47,034
Ah Geez, Coop, that's really bad news.

Please don't think that other people in the world don't care about what's happening.

There is a huge difference between what a government of a country says and what the ordinary men and women say, or think or feel.
A cooperator
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 8:48:45 AM

Romany wrote:

Please don't think that other people in the world don't care about what's happening.

There is a huge difference between what a government of a country says and what the ordinary men and women say, or think or feel.

Thank you very much, Romany for your kind thoughts.
But, I think spokesmen and spokesnwomen in a country are like ordinary citizens in that country(i.e. they don't vary greatly from average people. That is, they don't vary in not being died, in their need to breathe air, to drink water, to eat food, to make relationship, etc.. etcetera, etcetera.)

As a result, I think, ordinary citizens in any country can be sparking first a peaceful demonstration against any violence, spiraling to a coup to overthrow a president, king/queen, or prince/princess if they feel they are dealt unfairly.

I am passing a bad judgment on this Houthies' violating behaviour, and I am also passing the buck to the UN Special Envoy for Yemen, Martin, who, before bombing that base, had visited Sana's lately confirming all Yemeni parties were committed with the agreement of Sweden.

We are all here awaiting what sentence would be passed on Houthies, along with Iran.

IMHO, I think negotiating with Houthies on the table, while still occupying Sana'a, and they haven't surrendered their weapons, is a crazy idea.

FounDit
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 11:54:26 AM

Neurons: 52,763
And after all that has been written here, what I said about the U.S. has been verified by all posters concerning Nationalism.

Quote:
"Trump himself defined what he meant by Nationalist when he said it was someone who loves their country and puts its interest above Globalism."

The citizens of each country believe the most good and their best interests are served when their country is strong, safe, and prosperous. That holds true for Yemen, Russia, Ukraine, Great Britain, and every other country.

So when Trump spoke of Nationalism, this was exactly what he meant. Their is no "White Nationalism" meant by that term. It was a pejorative term, the only purpose of which was to insult the man. Stupid people saying stupid things.

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
progpen
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 1:34:55 PM

Neurons: 322,744
The Dipshit in Chief also said:
"Sorry losers and haters, but my IQ is one of the highest - and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault."

"[John McCain is]... not a war hero. He's a war hero - he's a war hero 'cause he was captured. I Like people that weren't captured, OK, I hate to tell you."

"I look very much forward to showing my financials, because they are huge."

"I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

"I will be phenomenal to the women. I mean, I want to help women."

"The U.S. cannot allow EBOLA-infected people back. People that go to far away places to help out are great - but must suffer the consequences!"

"It's really cold outside, they are calling it a major freeze, weeks ahead of normal. Man, we could use a big fat dose of global warming!"

"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."

"To be blunt, people would vote for me. They just would. Why? Maybe because I'm so good looking."

"The line of 'Make America great again,' the phrase, that was mine, I came up with it about a year ago, and I kept using it, and everybody's using it, they are all loving it. I don't know, I guess I should copyright it, maybe I have copyrighted it."
("Let's Make America Great Again" was one of Ronald Reagan's most well-known campaign slogans)

"If you look at Saddam Hussein, he killed terrorists. I'm not saying he was an angel, but this guy killed terrorists."

"I'm the most successful person ever to run for the presidency, by far. Nobody's ever been more successful than me. I'm the most successful person ever to run. Ross Perot isn't successful like me. Romney - I have a Gucci store that's worth more than Romney."

"While @BetteMidler is an extremely unattractive woman, I refuse to say that because I always insist on being politically correct."

"All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected."

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
A cooperator
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 2:05:39 PM

FounDit wrote:
What other country do people all over the world seek help from when disaster strikes? Russia? China? Please.

FounDit, Yes, for Yemen, they seek help from the US, and the UK. But, Ha, what their last UN Special Envoy for Yemen did. He ordered to surrender Al-Hudaidah to Houthies after being controlled by the Yemeni government. And since then, they are launching Iranian-made rockets into some lands of the South Yemen, Aden. Lahj, etc.
The UN Special Envoy's initiation returned Houthies strong again. Congratulation for Martin Griffith, and for the stupid Yemeni spokesmen who listened to the Martin Griffith.

A cooperator
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 12:42:36 AM

Romany wrote:

Major General Mohammed Saleh Tamah died, the dawn of the Sunday, of his wounds after being hit at the base of Al-Anad base bombed with an Iranian-made rocket carried out by Houthis.

Damn on Houthies, along with Iran, and shame on Martin Griffith.
In our Ouran, it is said "whoever has cast the first stone toward you, then you should attack them as what they attacked you as."
No peace anymore for Houthis until killing all of them and expelling them to Iran.