The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

jagged Options
Tara2
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2018 11:57:41 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/8/2017
Posts: 385
Neurons: 1,772
Hi
What does "jagged" mean?
"Leslie's hair was so jagged it was scarcely possible to tell that it had just been cut."
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2018 12:17:51 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,279
Neurons: 47,564
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada




The past is to be respected/acknowledged, not worshipped. It is in our future we will find our greatness. Pierre Trudeau
Tara2
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:05:27 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/8/2017
Posts: 385
Neurons: 1,772
Wilmar (USA)
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2018 5:23:22 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/4/2015
Posts: 1,280
Neurons: 471,076
Location: Vinton, Iowa, United States
"Ragged" may have been a better choice of word.
palapaguy
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2018 6:08:34 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/28/2013
Posts: 1,169
Neurons: 10,845
Location: Calabasas, California, United States
I agree with Wilmar. "Jagged" would not normally be used to describe hair style.
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2018 11:25:39 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,279
Neurons: 47,564
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Tara2 wrote:
Hi
What does "jagged" mean?
"Leslie's hair was so jagged it was scarcely possible to tell that it had just been cut."



http://www.selectyourhairstyle.com/jagged-layered-medium-hair-cuts.html

http://www.becomegorgeous.com/hair/short_hairstyles/jagged_layered_short_haircuts-2241.html


Jagged hair cuts are the latest thing. They have uneven irregular edges and ends.

Tara, the pictures you posted we would call curly.



The past is to be respected/acknowledged, not worshipped. It is in our future we will find our greatness. Pierre Trudeau
Tara2
Posted: Monday, October 8, 2018 5:21:40 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/8/2017
Posts: 385
Neurons: 1,772
Wilmar (USA) wrote:
"Ragged" may have been a better choice of word.

Thank you
Tara2
Posted: Monday, October 8, 2018 5:22:10 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/8/2017
Posts: 385
Neurons: 1,772
palapaguy wrote:
I agree with Wilmar. "Jagged" would not normally be used to describe hair style.

Thank you
Tara2
Posted: Monday, October 8, 2018 5:22:50 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/8/2017
Posts: 385
Neurons: 1,772
Hope123 wrote:
Tara2 wrote:
Hi
What does "jagged" mean?
"Leslie's hair was so jagged it was scarcely possible to tell that it had just been cut."



http://www.selectyourhairstyle.com/jagged-layered-medium-hair-cuts.html

http://www.becomegorgeous.com/hair/short_hairstyles/jagged_layered_short_haircuts-2241.html


Jagged hair cuts are the latest thing. They have uneven irregular edges and ends.

Tara, the pictures you posted we would call curly.


I understand. Thank you again
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.