The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Grammar (box set) Options
Amybal
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2018 9:46:37 PM

Neurons: 2,048
Hi, do you see anything grammatically wrong in these sentence?

Short summary
A great collection of Superman movies namely Superman Doomsday, All-Star Superman and Superman vs the Elite in one thrilling set with memorable characters to be enjoyed with your kids and family.

Long summary
The best Superman animated movies in one thrilling set. Follow the adventures of, Superman, as he meets his greatest challenge as a champion in Superman Doomsday. Next, in All-Star Superman, as a result of his arch nemesis Lex Luther's scheming, Superman is overexposed to radiation and is slowly dying. When catastrophe strikes, Superman once again rushes into action in Superman vs. The Elite.
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2018 9:07:54 AM

Neurons: 179,538
Hi Amybal.

Titles need to be identified - you can use inverted commas or italics (sometimes bold letters are used).
"Namely" is not really necessary, though it's not wrong.

A great collection of Superman movies - "Superman Doomsday", "All-Star Superman" and "Superman vs the Elite" - in one thrilling set with memorable characters to be enjoyed with your kids and family.

"Superman" is the 'object of the preposition' "of" - there should not be a comma between them.
"Follow the adventures of Superman."

"Follow the adventures of Superman, as he meets . . ."

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
Amybal
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:57:09 PM

Neurons: 2,048
Drag0nspeaker thank you.

And noted on the Titles need to be identified - you can use inverted commas or italics (sometimes bold letters are used).
Sarrriesfan
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:35:24 AM

Neurons: 6,977
"Superman Doomsday" is typical written as "Superman: Doomsday" if you are refering to the 2007 animated film.

I lack the imagination for a witty signature.
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:52:07 AM

Neurons: 179,538
Ah!
Not one of my areas of interest, really - though I did enjoy the Superman film with Richard Pryor (mainly for the rather camp/burlesque humour).

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
Sarrriesfan
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:07:51 AM

Neurons: 6,977
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
Ah!
Not one of my areas of interest, really - though I did enjoy the Superman film with Richard Pryor (mainly for the rather camp/burlesque humour).

I enjoy animated films Studio Ghibli, Pixar, Dreamworks and the D.C, Animated Universe and others.

Another comment I would make is not of a grammatical nature, but one of content Superman : Doomsday was given a PG-13 rating in America and is 12 rated in the UK due to onscreen blood and violence, it's not really a family film for adults and kids alike.
I think All-Star Superman has a similar rating in the UK as well.

Obviously different countries have different standards but it's worth bearing in mind.

I lack the imagination for a witty signature.